• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How many former Target Sports primers?

Curious as to how many others than myself came to the realization that paying $100 for privilege of entering the daily TS lottery was nutty?

The only way I would re up would be if the Company established some sort of a pre order for members when desired ammo becomes available-the date could be open, a small non refundable deposit, say 10% based on last selling price, would be reasonable, after all it would be no problem for them to get rid of the stuff, but some guarantee would have to be given or the C note gets sent back.

I didn’t re-up mine with the stupidity and scarcity. That said I split it with some buddies and regularly went in on bulk purchases. It’s definitely worth the money when there is stuff available at decent prices.

Mine auto renewed while I wasn’t paying attention. Had no plans to get it again with the current ammo situation, oh well.

I'll probably drop it once I'm up for renewal until/unless the availability stuff changes.
I really enjoy the service and it definitely paid for itself, but it's pointless to spend $100 if you can't buy anything reasonably. I think my last TSUSA order was August or maybe even before that. I miss my bi-weekly deliveries :(

Curious as to how many others than myself came to the realization that paying $100 for privilege of entering the daily TS lottery was nutty?

The only way I would re up would be if the Company established some sort of a pre order for members when desired ammo becomes available-the date could be open, a small non refundable deposit, say 10% based on last selling price, would be reasonable, after all it would be no problem for them to get rid of the stuff, but some guarantee would have to be given or the C note gets sent back.

So in your scenario, you don't think everybody would opt for the pre-order membership and you would be right back at square one ?

So in your scenario, you don't think everybody would opt for the pre-order membership and you would be right back at square one ?

I am suggesting that TS cut the BS and offer a pre order to prime members-no guarantee on the date only that you will the ammo. It should be an easy thing to do and there should be a way to give some level of price protection or an option to opt out if the price has significantly increased or as I posted perhaps a small non refundable deposit. If they can't deliver then you get the deposit and your membership cost returned.

They have got to be laughing themselves silly every time the notices go out I even suspect that the offices have a large screen with orders in real time perhaps even a graphic of a huge pile of boxes being decreased with every order-the time to empty order pools have got to be bringing in a lot of extra cash for the grunts.

Mine doesn't expire until September, but will not be renewing unless things change by then. I've made out pretty well the last couple years with it, so not unhappy with it. It's just not worth it in the current climate.

I'd be happier with them if they'd just do cart protection so that if you get something in your cart, it's yours through the cash out process.
This is about the only feature I could imagine asking for. But then, I haven't had to buy much in a bit, so I'll just continue to wait it out

When did this start? I haven't needed to purchase anything in the last couple of years.

I am really not sure what the bitching is about. I am TS ammo prime. I see two "challenges"
1) knowing something is available before it sells out
2) checking out fast enough to not lose it

On topic (1), I know I miss a lot of stuff. I have text and email notifications in place. I should remove the email since the email almost always shows up after the item is sold out. But with text notifications I can get 9mm, 556, etc most weeks. Use of any of the web notification apps or my own increases my probability of knowing something is available, but in the end it is not required to get some ammo every week.

On topic (2) sometimes I lose stuff from my cart. It often comes down to how greedy I am. If I go for 10 cases (max allowed) I am more likely to lose some/all then if I just go for one case or some number of boxes. In any case I go to checkout, uncheck the two stupid extra boxes (plain packaging and something else) and then hit checkout. All my info is saved. The whole process is like 10 seconds.

Do I lose some stuff? sure. Do I never get notified of some stuff? sure. Do I get enough on a weekly basis for what I need? yes.

I guess if I was not saving my info (CC, addresses) or running on a dial up on a 1990s computer or otherwise totally retarded computer illiterate boomer I might have problems. But, paying the smallest amount of attention to my texts when they come in, I get plenty of ammo.

So which issue are people having?
  1. failure to use text notifications
  2. failure to jump when text notifications occur
  3. failure to save info to support quick checkout
  4. skinflint who uses old technology to access web
  5. retarded illiterate boomer who likes to whine about technology

Since I am married to a boomer and only 3 months from the line for being a boomer, I have no problems throwing the term around at will. Deal with it.

I just renewed my prime, I don't have a super hard time with getting orders in, sure sometimes you miss out but they will add more. (I don't really want to pay anything over .37cpr anyway)

I type my CC info in every time and do all my orders on my phone like a good millennial.

Sounds like it's still a solid plan for you. I'm in a completely different situation. I don't need to buy any ammo right now, I have plenty of stock for me. Because of this I'm not willing to pay the current prices. That may change when my amount of stock changes, but for now that is where I am. In addition to that, I'm not in a position where I can respond to text notifications right away. prior to the pandemic, I would do most of my ammo shopping at night after work. Not a problem because things were generally always in stock. This not being the case anymore, being a prime member during 2020 didn't help me very much.

I renewed mine in early February. Was on the fence, but was honest with myself and discovered that I Love the hunt.

And I supply most of the new shooters in my circle which is pretty much all the shooters in my circle. The thing paid for itself a couple times over by the end of February.

Not once was I able to buy from a text notice. I would see a post of others here saying they got a text and that's how I would know. I would get the text some time after. Not sure if it's because my name is near the end of the alphabet or some other silliness

I work for a large company that is heavily tech invested. Email and app notifications take hours to propagate when batched in the millions. TS USA is not heavily tech invested.
Not once was I able to buy from a text notice. I would see a post of others here saying they got a text and that's how I would know. I would get the text some time after. Not sure if it's because my name is near the end of the alphabet or some other silliness

I'm sure of that. Just sucks when your always at the end. Not random or rotating
Yep, I don't have much skin in this game just adding some context/info so people understand why these notifications are hitting after stock is out.

Back
Top Bottom