How many genders are there?

Either way, the statistics suggest <4% LGBT... population in the US. Polls indicate everyone *thinks* there are 3-6x more. I think the liberal media simply tries to portray genders, sexual orientations, ethnic and racial populations out of actual proportion to make us believe that while all we see are white males/females everywhere that what we’re seeing on TV is reality.

That type of condition I have no issue with. A variant of birth which can be corrected due to modern medicine. She had female attributes ergo she’s a she.

That type of condition I have no issue with. A variant of birth which can be corrected due to modern medicine. She had female attributes ergo she’s a she.
With all due respect, who are you to have an issue with anyone's private parts if they are not forcing them on an unwilling or non-consenting person?

With all due respect, who are you to have an issue with anyone's private parts if they are not forcing them on an unwilling or non-consenting person?
No issue with those that don’t force. Based on former posts it’s the ones that petition government to force me to accept it.

No issue with those that don’t force. Based on former posts it’s the ones that petition government to force me to accept it.
I guess to me, petitioning the government for recognition is not the same as demanding YOU accept them. You are free to disagree, just as long as you don't use force to get your viewpoint across.

I guess to me, petitioning the government for recognition is not the same as demanding YOU accept them. You are free to disagree, just as long as you don't use force to get your viewpoint across.

As far as it concerns me, I desire to live in peace with all men.

Usually it does not work out like you might think concerning petitioning the government. Have you not seen what happened to free speech in Europe and other parts of the world due to progressive liberal cults? It’s starts with “recognition” and progresses to outright assault sooner or later.

Do you support the Christian baker’s freedom to make a cake for whoever he desires? That is a slippery and steep slope you tread if you do not.

How about a slow and steady immigration push of a certain peaceful religion into an open society? When the indemic races do not increase their population via child birth and the newcomers exponentially increase theirs what happens to that country or region? It’s most certainly changed forever.

We could go on and on but to stay on topic: There is only male and female.

There are 2 genders. And 2 genders only.

All the other mentioned here and elsewhere are disorders. Like cancer or diabetes or a deformed leg.

But, the days is coming where we’ll be in picard’s predicament. How many lights are there? 4. And there are 2 genders. Period. And no amount of torture or screaming or pounding the table or legalistic ramblings will change that.

Except it is more complicated than that.

There are penis equipped people with ovaries for testicles, and vagina equipped people with internal testicles. These are the results of genetic abnormalities or mutations, but these people exist regardless.

What people are confusing here is gender vs sex.

I don't CARE what someone's internal organs reflect or for that matter the ones on the outside, either.

My issue is, I want a perfect filter that excludes "anybody that might cause me or mine harm" and "anybody that might derive sexual or perverse pleasure from encountering me or mine in a bathroom" (or anywhere for that matter).

Obviously that is impossible. Since it can't be done, we have to apply broad rules of thumb.

Requiring the plausibly obvious gender to match that printed on the sign on the door is a reasonable filter. Not perfect, not even close to perfect, but reasonable based on a hundred or more years of putting "men" on one door and "women" on the other.

Yes, it would suck to be one of the people you mention, but we cannot make everything everywhere accessible to everyone at all times. It would be impossible to accomplish anything.

there are actually more than 2 genders, but they're the result of very rare chromosome abnormalities (XYY, XXY, Turner's, XXX, etc). None of these, as far as I know are "fluid" and require dyeing your hair pink and making fish mouth all that time.

If they where really concerned about everyone being treated the same, wouldn't they be arguing there is one gender? It's no more outrageous than the whole lgbtvhbomtv thing.

And who are you (or your friend) to force us to deal with their terrible, but INDIVIDUAL problems?
No one is forcing you to deal with anything. You are free to disagree, but you cannot force your disagreement on anyone else.

Sex and gender, although often used interchangeably, are very different things, and if you really believe in freedom, then let people be free to be who they are and let them live their lives, as long as they are not diddling kids or forcing themselves physically on someone, exactly how are you harmed?

No one is forcing you to deal with anything. You are free to disagree, but you cannot force your disagreement on anyone else.

Sex and gender, although often used interchangeably, are very different things, and if you really believe in freedom, then let people be free to be who they are and let them live their lives, as long as they are not diddling kids or forcing themselves physically on someone, exactly how are you harmed?

they ARE trying to force us to to "deal" with it. People are getting fired from jobs, and some countries are trying to make it an "offense" to "misgender" people...that is, people are losing their livlihoods and or actual freedom for refusing to play make believe with the mentally ill. And that's flat out wrong.

As a libertarian, I truly give 0 shits about whether or not some dude in the next cubicle wears dresses and gets his dick lopped off, but when he tries to get me fired or arrested for refusing to call him ma'am, then you can bet your ass i have a problem with it.

they ARE trying to force us to to "deal" with it. People are getting fired from jobs, and some countries are trying to make it an "offense" to "misgender" people...that is, people are losing their livlihoods and or actual freedom for refusing to play make believe with the mentally ill. And that's flat out wrong.

As a libertarian, I truly give 0 shits about whether or not some dude in the next cubicle wears dresses and gets his dick lopped off, but when he tries to get me fired or arrested for refusing to call him ma'am, then you can bet your ass i have a problem with it.

I have no problem calling someone whatever they want to be called, the issue arises though when you have a "pat" like character, someone doesn't know them well, and someone assumes their gender based on appearance, the person making that assumption should not be crucified, fired, censured, etc. for doing so. That's just f***ed up.

-Mike

I have no problem calling someone whatever they want to be called, the issue arises though when you have a "pat" like character, someone doesn't know them well, and someone assumes their gender based on appearance, the person making that assumption should not be crucified, fired, censured, etc. for doing so. That's just f***ed up.

-Mike

I totally agree. By that same token, when there are people who go out of their way to call someone by a pronoun, title, or name they have made clear should not apply to them, and the person who insists on using the wrong terminology does it out of spite, the actions of those people are what makes the justification of the laws that jhblaze1 is against possible.

The world would be a more simple place if people would just live and let live.

Or how about the obvious 1A issue? Even used in a very intolerant chauvinistic shitlord transphobic racist anti-globarwarming manner:

'you're not a woman. you're a man. a very ugly one.'

Should still be protected. If the government can't silence me, then they shouldn't also compel my speech.

The argument from the pro-trans community is that this language constitutes violence (and they will physically and violently 'defend themselves' against this hateful speech) because apparently 40% of the trans community commits suicide, which allegedly has been proven to be direct causality of said misgendering, heres a flow chart

misgender ugly man -> use of violence -> tranny commits Sudoku -> its your fault

and this is because social scientists say that the suicide link DEFINITELY isn't because of, oh idk mental illness, or the action of taking an already unstable mentally ill person and load them up on SSRIs and both sexs' hormones.

I totally agree. By that same token, when there are people who go out of their way to call someone by a pronoun, title, or name they have made clear should not apply to them, and the person who insists on using the wrong terminology does it out of spite, the actions of those people are what makes the justification of the laws that jhblaze1 is against possible.

I still don't think it should be a law regardless. That's just insane talk, too. At least at that point you're running squarely 110% into 1A territory. Conduct at work? different ballgame but an entirely different one nonetheless.

-Mike

The world would be a more simple place if people would just live and let live.
No one should be expected to suspend belief in reality so as to not offend someone. At the same time, people probably ought not be total a**h***s to each other. But being an a**h*** is not and should not be illegal, and no laws should be created to protect easily triggered mentally ill people from being offended.

Look, If Bill wants me to call him Erin, I'll probably go along with it. But I'm not going to be super judicious in policing my pronoun usage around Erin and I should never be penalized for failing to. Moreover, should I choose to refuse to refer to him as "her", well tough shit for him....reality should prevail. I'll never have some epiphany where I realize Bill is a woman. He's not, won't ever be, and therefore I have not obligation to pretend he is. That said, I'm not going to run around mocking him or going out of my way to offend him.

No one should be expected to suspend belief in reality so as to not offend someone. At the same time, people probably ought not be total a**h***s to each other. But being an a**h*** is not and should not be illegal, and no laws should be created to protect easily triggered mentally ill people from being offended.

Look, If Bill wants me to call him Erin, I'll probably go along with it. But I'm not going to be super judicious in policing my pronoun usage around Erin and I should never be penalized for failing to. Moreover, should I choose to refuse to refer to him as "her", well tough shit for him....reality should prevail. I'll never have some epiphany where I realize Bill is a woman. He's not, won't ever be, and therefore I have not obligation to pretend he is. That said, I'm not going to run around mocking him or going out of my way to offend him.

being an a**h*** is my birthright. my freedom of self expression overshadows anyone's need to feel safe.

But they are forcing us to deal with it.

When government compels private business and individuals to accept that men in dresses can use the ladies room and vice versa, that's coercion.

Honestly, if the alphabet sjw's had just kept their yaps shut nobody would even be thinking about or wondering if that awkward looking woman at the next song is a dude or a girl that list the genetic looks lottery. They screwed themselves.

Back
Top Bottom