How many guns? And, what?

Agreed.

And in the event Bad SHTF happens suddenly , it's the only realistic plan. No ones going anywhere if everyone's trying to go somewhere. I would expect total permanent grid lock on the main roads.

Unless you've got a deep water trawler or an airplane , we're most likey stuck right here.

Or plan z. Pick a house in neighborhood, fortify it with neighbors and share resources. Kill and eat ebt takers when food runs out. Remember the end or the world is a 24 hour event. Doesn't end when the sun goes down-only gets worse. Your better off hanging inside for about 60 days and let the mayhem Peter out. By that time most of the thieves will be dead or formed large predatory gangs, government might still exist somewhere, and groups of workin class folks will be organized enough to figure out a plan without getting picked off one by one. Wandering the northern woods eating pine needles, sleeping in a snow bank and shitting in a hole is a death sentence. Your just a future two legged meal for someone

They will burn you out if you don't have a house made of concrete and bricks (including the roof).

Three-Little-Pigs-2.jpg

So, plan z turns into Plan K from fubar, then.
Plan K : dump everything , and run like a bastard.

Pick your hill well. Nahant , or Marblehead Neck , or Winter Island in Salem are all basically islands connected by a single road surrounded with cold salt water.

A small group of people would be able to do a 300 Spartans thing at the end of it and make a lot of people change their minds about the worth of taking the neighborhood.

Six guns to carry??? No problem to handle if your a REAL man !

Did I mention that they are all Jennings 22??

I figure out of that lot at least One may work....maybe! [mg]

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Or plan z. Pick a house in neighborhood, fortify it with neighbors and share resources. Kill and eat ebt takers when food runs out.

I hear they taste like chicken ???

Would rather bug in but if I have to leave - My Lightweight AR (6.8lbs), G17 on the bat belt with ammo and other belt gear and G26 in my pocket. That plus the get home (or run away) bag - switching that out to a Source Tactical 35L

My son-in-law and I were talking about bugout Christmas morning. I gave him the M6 Scout I bought from HKdrummer this fall for his bugout. Thanks again Tynan, he loves it.

Based on 72 hours and under 75 miles, everyone will have their AR with 6 mags, side arm with 3 mags ( Glock 21's for the men, 92FS's for the women ) & Ruger 10/22 breakdowns with 3 mags. I'll probably have my Seecamp on my ankle and the girls all said they'd have their Sig P238's as well. My son-in-law would have the M6 Scout .410/ .22 Hornet instead of a Ruger 10/22.

This selection was based on traversing the North Shore to meet at a rally point with the chance that we may have to abandon our vehicles and go on foot. I'm too old and fat to make any kind of time carrying all that and a 40lb pack. Hopefully within a few years I'll be living at my bugout location.

When I joined my first gun club in 1970, there was a member there who was the first pepper I ever met in my life and always ready to go when the stuff would hit the fan. He carried 3 full size 1911's as EDC. One each in right & left shoulder rigs and one tucked into his belt, right kidney. And don't forget the 7-8 pounds of extra mags and ammo. This guy wasn't a bum, I think he was a lawyer someone told me. I don't think there were metal detectors in courts back then, probably argued cases toting that hardware.

assuming you let them get that close.

24/7 watch is not going to be viable without a sizable group. use xm193, or surplus 30.06 with steel core.

Exactly. One Molotov cocktail and most houses are toast. Crispy critters may be optional though. [smile]

I'm going with ONE gun...a Colt Python,....it works for Rick Grimes. Eh.. I'm a cheapskate so I'll have to settle for my Taurus 669. I WOULD like to know where the good doctor, early in the series got that pump shotgun with the 50 round mag????? Looked like it only held the usual 4 rounds???

Just wanting to know what is everyone's PT exercises for all this.
I still do a 6 mile run and do some mountain biking on the weekend's, Just so I can take my Garand and a 92
The bike is also be part of the bugout kit, Give's a alternate and quite mode of transport.

Back
Top Bottom