How many mags. do you have?

How many mags. do you have for each pistol and rifle?

Myself I have at least 5 for each pistol. 6 for each rifle.

For my collection of WWII rifles, 8 for my M1 Carbine, a couple of dozen clips for my M1 Garand,
2 for my Lee Endfield.

WWII pistols, 3 for my P.38, 2 for my P.08, 2 for my Jap. Nambu, 3 for my Mauser HSc, 3 for my Walther PP.

ptr 91 : 35 - aluminum 20 rd mags
ak 7.62 : 16 - steel 30 rd, 19 - polymer 30 rd, 3 - steel 40 rd, 4 - chinese 75 rd drums
ak 5.45 : 12 - bakelite 30 rd
ar 5.56 : 36 - 30 rd, 7 - 20 rd, 1- 100 rd beta mag
uzi 9mm : 8 - 32 rd, 7 - 25 rd

not sure for my pistols...at least 5 for each

Recently, I have seen many discussions on the subject of people having many magazines and one thing still eludes me : why the necessity for >5 mags per firearm?

Two mags/firearm sounds reasonable to me and three seems plenty. What is the underlining thought here that I am missing? I cannot see my self conceal-carrying with more than 2 extra mags.

Then again, I am new in the business so enlighten me [smile]

Cheers,
AIG1

Recently, I have seen many discussions on the subject of people having many magazines and one thing still eludes me : why the necessity for >5 mags per firearm?

Two mags/firearm sounds reasonable to me and three seems plenty. What is the underlining thought here that I am missing? I cannot see my self conceal-carrying with more than 2 extra mags.

Cheers,
AIG1

Mags go bad. Bent/broken feed lips. Plus, standard capacity mags are a commodity in the Commiewealth.

It's good to go to the range, spend 1/2 hour loading, then shoot a couple hundred rounds, take a break and do it over again.

When the SHTF and it is do or die.... Do you want to try and reload a magazine or grab another....

:) I cannot carry in Cambridge so if I get my self into a situation where the SHTF, I am going to be "discomforted" to put it mildly.

Now, how many cases are there where one had to use more than 2-3 mags in self-defense? That is ~30 rounds. I do not live in such a rough neighborhood [smile].

Rotating the mags does seem logical though.

Best
AIG

On me now? One in the gun and two on the belt. Two isn't harder to carry than one, it turns out.

Now, how many cases are there where one had to use more than 2-3 mags in self-defense? That is ~30 rounds. I do not live in such a rough neighborhood [smile].
AIG

When most on the board talk about SHTF situations they are talking about natural disaster, terrorist attack or nuclear winter. I think for the avg day carrying one in the gun two in the belt is probably standard. Most of us hoard hi-caps because of their scarcity here behind enemy lines.
As to the question of how many I have, I've never counted, and don't have the free time to start now. I know they all won't fit in a shoe box though. [smile]

How do you legally obtain hicaps? Pre-94, right? Expensive? I heard you can't buy them in Mass.

I hope the range is open in the event of a nuclear winter, because that's the only place many of us can legally use our guns. [crying][laugh]

How do you legally obtain hicaps? Pre-94, right? Expensive? I heard you can't buy them in Mass.

I hope the range is open in the event of a nuclear winter, because that's the only place many of us can legally use our guns. [crying][laugh]

Whoops, sorry I just realized I'm off topic. Disregard.

AIG1

For IDPA/IPSC shooting you really need at least 3 if not 4 at any given time. Since you regularly "drop" mags all the time, it makes sense to have back ups too!

On topic- I don't want to count how many I have.

Carrying more than one in the gun and two on the belt seems pointless for day to day stuff. I do have three bandos of Garand clips loaded and ready to go for a SHTF situation.

Not enough.

This.

Cheers,
AIG1

A few years ago I was in the mindset that carrying a spare magazine was a bit over the top; I never bought into the what if you have a failure or engage multiple attackers etc. I'm in a safe town.... But I carried one one day on my opposite side and it balanced everything else out, it also really does come into play if you have a failure as I learned from doing a few courses. So now I'm in that crowd..slow to see the light but I'm here.

Anyhow another valid reason is for range time, its nicer when you are in the zone to keep shooting through multiple magazines rather than one or two and then reloading. Gotta stay in the zone. :)

It's actually kind of embarassing. I'm hoping there's some kind of Magazines Anonymous group I can join. Maybe they won't judge me.

"Hi. My name is Scott."
"HI SCOTT!"
"...and I have a shitload of magazines."

sadly to say i only have 2...(a 15 an 10 rd)
definatly need more....

question for those that have multiple loaded mags for each gun,do you have self defense ammo in them or what..?

Hundreds. I have 3 milk crates full of mags, plus whatever is in the guns and safe. I've never thought to count them.

Actual numbers? I don't know right-off hand, it's a lot though.

I go by a simple formula... at least 10-12 mags for each rifle (mostly EBRs), and at least 6 for each handgun. No rhyme or reason for it...
just an odd habit of mine.

Never enough.

For the handguns I have at least 4-6+ for each auto, and 10+ for the
AK and AR. Some I have a lot more than others- eg, I must have
at least like 20 1911 mags.

-Mike

It varies from gun to gun. For those which I use frequently, I have as many quality mags (read: high capacity for those guns designed to use them) as possible. Since these are difficult to get in the People's Commonwealth I am always on the lookout for good buys.

AR15 Mags=At least 100. (Yes 100)
1911 Mags=A dozen or so.
Beretta 92=15 or 20
At least 4 or 5 for each other
pistol I own, including Sigs, Smith&Wessons,
Glocks, and Rugers.

Back
Top Bottom