• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

how many of you?

Jar, you don't have to wait for southnarc(Gerg) to come up here to experience what works and what dosn't, I'll hook you up bro.

In addition "no" there are no bad arts, but there are Martial arts that are mistaken for funtional real world training, and many people get fooled by the sales pitch, trophy's, and hopes of being some black belt some day.

Complete B.S.

At 52 years of age, my chances of giving a 20 year old lad, well-trained by the military in the arts of warfare, a run for his money are terribly slim.
I just started running again and I'm doing my best to stay in decent shape so that I may keep a safe distance from beligerents and do what I can to keep my family safe.
To grab my rifle, sidearm, ammo, pack and stay on the move for a few days with no sleep will be a trial in itself, never mind actually engaging somebody with hostile intentions.
This is serious shit.
If or when these scenarios actually come to pass, there will be no turning back and things will never be the same again.

Jar, I am in Waltham here is my website
www.jmjkd.com

Cledus I don’t know your physical shape but never count yourself out my bro. My oldest student is 76 retired marine, still tough as nails. So if you think you are to old, think again. I’m 52 and still trail full with the youngerd’s

Maybe not for SHTF survivalism, but for general everyday survivalism, H2H is essential. Most martial arts schools (the good ones anyway) will teach you how to use the most important weapon you have...your mind. No matter what, you can never be disarmed of this weapon, or the other weapons that martial arts will teach you to use - your hands and feet. Like many people on this forum, I am not allowed to carry at work. Does that mean that I'm disarmed every day when I walk through that door? No. I always have the training and experience and knowledge to protect myself.

There are many places you can't carry such as airplanes, court houses, schools and other government buildings. That doesn't mean you have to go into these places a sheep waiting for the slaughter.

I used to be more into H2H stuff when I was younger. It's about priorities now, I would be much more interested in learning some real world knife techniques or CQB with knife/backup gun, etc. than studying/training more without a weapon.

I admire you people doing MMA training- it takes a lot of balls/guts to face the sick pain of the cardio/muscle fatigue that kind of training entails.

John M you might be interested in my Quick Draw system I teach LE and Military how to deploy knife/gun during a close quarter fight. it has the fundamentals of MMA but when you get older and are not in the shape of the young guys this is the way to go.

Weapons!!! But you still need to understand H2H to know where you are in the fight so you can deploy.

Joe Maffei. Age 52

Back
Top Bottom