• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How many personal sales via eFA-10 can I do a year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at a local gun shop the other day and one of the guys behind the counter indicated that due to some law that Obama recently passed, we are now limited to two personal sales per year. Is this true or are we still able to do four?

Thanks..

The real answer is, however many you'd like to. In a free society government can't dictate that you legally cannot sell property that you lawfully own. Luckily, we aren't a free society, because that would be dangerous. So 4 is the number that keeps us safe and the soccer moms at bay.

You may do 4 personal transfers as the SELLER per calendar year, however you may do as many personal transfers and the PURCHASER as you can afford. [smile]

Has anyone here went over the limit? Who kicks in your door first? If you do it online will it prompt you that your about to break the law?

Correct on EFA10, meaning sale within Mass. You can sell unlimited to out of state (because no EFA10 required)
You can sell as many as you want via FFL transfer in or out of state. If you do a personal transfer(no ffl) out of state, you are committing a federal crime.(unless there is a dual residency situation.)

The fa10 limit is only for MA to MA resident FTF sales where both parties have LTC or FID.

I was at a local gun shop the other day and one of the guys behind the counter indicated that due to some law that Obama recently passed, we are now limited to two personal sales per year. Is this true or are we still able to do four?

Thanks..

FOUR IS THE NUMBER!!!!!! [rofl]

(and anything that goes through an FFL doesn't count, and your 4 FTFS reset on Jan 1 every year. )

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom