How many years until repeal of 2A possible?

A constitutional amendment requires a vote of 2/3rd of both Houses of Congress and it must be ratified by 3/4s of the state legislatures. More than 1/2 of the state legislatures have passed constitutional carry.

A constitutional amendment to remove or gut the 2nd Amendment simply isn't going to happen in our lifetimes.

Spot on. The process for eliminating any amendment has a very high threshold by design. The amendments are the foundation of our legal system and change can cause a huge ripple effect in our laws and legal precedents.

There will be some serious decisions to make at that point, because odds are that means turning in guns.

There will also be states that will not go along with any of it. I'm hoping to be in one of them.
I just cant imagine people in states without registration voluntarily giving up something that no one officially knows they have.

its like asking people who cheat on their taxes to voluntarily give away money that no one can prove they have

You can repeal the Second Amendment today and it will not curb gun violence. There are simply too many guns in society already and the government doesn't know where the vast majority of them are. And that's exactly how it should be in my opinion, and the opinion of the founding fathers who wrote the Second Amendment.

No one in Washington is serious about solving gun violence. No one. How do I know this? Because no one even talks about where the majority of such gun violence occurs. That being black on black crime and liberal run dump cities like chicago, Los Angeles, and New York.

Also, no one talks about the mental health issues that we have in this country. Just look at all the transgender BS. These people are mentally ill, as evidenced by the fact that 40% of them will try to kill themselves. The statistics don't lie. Are we addressing their mental illness for what it is, or are we coddling, entertaining, and acquiescing to it? Here's something interesting. And you'll have to dig for it because the media doesn't cover the angle. But look up how many of the mass shooters in the last 5 years identified as some form of non-binary, transgender, rainbow unicorn elf folk. The number will surprise you. But you won't hear about it in the news..... anywhere.

Anyone who truly wants to solve the problem of gun violence in this country would address these issues. But no one in Washington even has the courage to talk about them much less propose legislation.

Spot on. The process for eliminating any amendment has a very high threshold by design. The amendments are the foundation of our legal system and change can cause a huge ripple effect in our laws and legal precedents.
It’s not easy. The pro choice crowd had half a century to do an amendment for abortion. 50 years. And they did nothing. They didn’t even over the 5 decades get to pass national legislation on it. I think gun control is easier to get laws passed because it’s something the Uniparty can and does get behind. An amendment to the constitution? Why bother when you can just legislate and tax your position into being. All dems and rinos will vote for it and they’ll twist the arms of a few real Fudd gops who like to shoot quail once a year and are caught up in the “for the children” movement.

I was watching an interview with Bill Gates this morning. The subject was AI and the threat of future AI abilities.

He said if the good guys stopped developing AI then only the bad guys would have it.

Sounds like a familiar argument...

:)

It’s not easy. The pro choice crowd had half a century to do an amendment for abortion. 50 years. And they did nothing. They didn’t even over the 5 decades get to pass national legislation on it. I think gun control is easier to get laws passed because it’s something the Uniparty can and does get behind. An amendment to the constitution? Why bother when you can just legislate and tax your position into being. All dems and rinos will vote for it and they’ll twist the arms of a few real Fudd gops who like to shoot quail once a year and are caught up in the “for the children” movement.

I was chatting with a retired LEO from our home town last year. He's a true gun guy.

He's from the south originally. He understand the huge difference in thinking over firearms. He understands that MA is an outlier.

He said to me if anyone tried to take guns from those in the south there would be massive civil unrest. And he doesn't know a single LEO who would follow orders to confiscate weapons.

Hope something will be done, honestly. Getting so so angry and sad seeing how many shootings there are lately
Why do you think that is? Could it be from the divineness that the liberals have been sowing lately? Instead of being a melting pot, the libs have turned the Republic into a country of Us vs Them. Half the problem is the 24 hour news cycle, you have all stations, Fox included , that hire idiots to just drone on about stuff they don't have any idea of what they are talking about.
Listen to Brin, they're on to something.
rainbowcup1.jpg

Why do you think that is? Could it be from the divineness that the liberals have been sowing lately? Instead of being a melting pot, the libs have turned the Republic into a country of Us vs Them. Half the problem is the 24 hour news cycle, you have all stations, Fox included , that hire idiots to just drone on about stuff they don't have any idea of what they are talking about.
Listen to Brin, they're on to something.

We were never a melting pot. We were a salad bowl.

Hope something will be done, honestly. Getting so so angry and sad seeing how many shootings there are lately
Ah...another low count poster posting shit. Why don't you go back to the WaPo/NYT/MSNBC/etc.

The amendments in the Bill of Rights are unalienable...look it up in a bloody dictionary.

Ah...another low count poster posting shit. Why don't you go back to the WaPo/NYT/MSNBC/etc.

The amendments in the Bill of Rights are unalienable...look it up in a bloody dictionary.
Lol first time I've seen the studs here dogging on a GREEN member

A fast-track would be a foreign incursion on US soil short of an invasion/nuke and all-out war. Not a non-state terrorist incident like 9-11, but even some small cells of C-R-I-NK nationals initiating a mass casualty event, that is not disowned by the country in question. Or it could be a major state-sponsored cyberattack resulting in nationwide disruption and/or deaths.

If Biden (or his surrogate) is in office 2025-2029 when this happened, they would push Executive Orders under a Commander in Chief role that didn’t explicitly suspend the 2ndA, but curtailed exercise of RKBA as a result. As that dragged on, we’d probably see the country divide and collapse into Martial Law.

As others have said, it's not going to happen. I don't even think you could count the casualties in such a situation, seeing as the number of guns far outpaces the population.

he said nothing about guns or 2a. Addressing mental health and societal decline would be doing something to address shootings.

38 states out of 50 need to ratify any amendment to the U.S. Constitution.

That is why the Equal Rights Amendment has been languishing for years... past any extended deadlines for passage and five states revoking their approval.
if the backers were smart, they would have long ago MODIFIED the words of that constitutional ammendment to make it less onerous.
But does it matter? thru presidential edict, and the wokeness of congress and business and school systems, they have achieved all they wanted with the ERA. there is not way someone can roll back all those perceived rights they got now....

I’m genuinely curious, are you a gun owner who has changed their mind that people shouldn’t own firearms? A gun owner who thinks that more restrictions are a good idea? What is the problem that you are hoping something will be done to fix?

I know people who own firearms who believe that extensive background checks, psych evals, waiting periods, and mandatory annual training should be required for firearms ownership. None of this would prevent a crime committed by someone with an illegal firearm.

You can repeal the Second Amendment today and it will not curb gun violence. There are simply too many guns in society already and the government doesn't know where the vast majority of them are. And that's exactly how it should be in my opinion, and the opinion of the founding fathers who wrote the Second Amendment.

No one in Washington is serious about solving gun violence. No one. How do I know this? Because no one even talks about where the majority of such gun violence occurs. That being black on black crime and liberal run dump cities like chicago, Los Angeles, and New York.

Also, no one talks about the mental health issues that we have in this country. Just look at all the transgender BS. These people are mentally ill, as evidenced by the fact that 40% of them will try to kill themselves. The statistics don't lie. Are we addressing their mental illness for what it is, or are we coddling, entertaining, and acquiescing to it? Here's something interesting. And you'll have to dig for it because the media doesn't cover the angle. But look up how many of the mass shooters in the last 5 years identified as some form of non-binary, transgender, rainbow unicorn elf folk. The number will surprise you. But you won't hear about it in the news..... anywhere.

Anyone who truly wants to solve the problem of gun violence in this country would address these issues. But no one in Washington even has the courage to talk about them much less propose legislation.
So I've actually given this a bit of thought... I think they are trying to solve gun violence in those communities. So first anywhere you put low income and lots of people together you get crime

But the government has been trying to revive those communities..they jsut suck at it

How many people die from "gun violence" as it is today?

How many are they willing to sacrifice in the next Civil War to try to repeal the Second Amendment?

He wants guns taken. Is he willing to come take them?

civil rights are not subject to the popular vote.
I think one of my cousin's kids in school had a class civics experiment on just this - how does constitutional change happen? About 25 kids in class, so every single student symbolized the power of two states. With a 3/4 majority, 19 kids had to vote yes on repealing 2A with just 6 kids in dissent.

You'd be horrified to see just how many ten year olds these days are taught to embrace comrade commissar ideals.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom