• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How much for a "Franchi Spas 12"

I have a buddy who has a beautiful condition Franchi Spas 12 for sale and he wants to know how much he should as for it.

Can anyone tell me the up to date price for a Franch Spas 12?

thanks,

Rob

There's one with a BIN on gunbroker for $1600 right now.

There's also another one with a BIN for $1000.

These are mostly "fan" type guns, so the real value is whatever someone is willing to pay for it at the time. EG- it depends on how badly the interested buyer wants it more than anything else.

-Mike

I have seen these in stores for @ 1100-1500 in the past year..

And agree with the above.. They not not fast movers as they don't have mass appeal.

I have had a few of them over the years, there are also some variations that command more than others, so it also needs to be the "right" config to move.

Everybody wants the folder w/ hook (until they shoot it, lol). Then there was an issue regarding the type of safety it has, one variant is good one isn't ( I don't remember the specifics). Then getting parts is all but impossible (there are some bizzare parts in the gas system that need replacing periodically)..

Last edited:
Is there a "blue book" or anything similar for firearms?

There are several.
IMO, the only thing this is useful for is to establish what a dealer will buy at ( generally 40-60% of value).

But with all the BS, market fluctuations and being in Mass, the actual what is a reasonable buy or sell price tends to be wildly innacurate and, generally, way under valued.

There are several.
IMO, the only thing this is useful for is to establish what a dealer will buy at ( generally 40-60% of value).

But with all the BS, market fluctuations and being in Mass, the actual what is a reasonable buy or sell price tends to be wildly innacurate and, generally, way under valued.

I would imagine it would be mostly accurate for things that are either:
Perfectly legal to sell new in MA, or
Haven't been made since before 1994 anyway

Am I being too optimistic?

I would imagine it would be mostly accurate for things that are either:
Perfectly legal to sell new in MA, or
Haven't been made since before 1994 anyway

Am I being too optimistic?

You are being too optimistic. Even if we ignore all the MA/AWB state specific crap, there are a lot of guns that have subjective values due to -real- rarity and the like, and the guides often don't account for things like this very well.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom