How much "gun" do you EDC?

I only carry a spare mag because it evens out the printing (appendix) and the extra clip prevents the gun from canting itself. Statistically, the odds of using a reload, as a civilian, are very close to zero. Let alone multiple reloads.
I carry a spare mag not for the reloads but because the most likely point of failure in a semi-auto is the mag. I like knowing that if I have a failure and do a tap-rack-nobang, I can drop the mag, put in the spare, and try one more time.

I got laughed at by this guy from Texas once when he asked me how much 'gun' do I carry. I said typically a P30SK with 10+1 and a spare 10 in a pocket. The guy carries a Glock 48 on his hip and then a P226 with TLR-1HL in his backpack and 4x spare free state mags with that in there. The point was he would engage threats with the 48 first, and then when he had time, to whip out the larger gun for extended engagements. Seriously? Then again there are other guys on here who are probably comfortable throwing a 642 in a pocket and go out the door. What do you guys typically carry and how much spare booletz?
To each his own. I carry a sig p365 + 1 extra mag in summer, G19 + 1 extra mag in winter (both mags are 15 rounders). Plus 2 knives. I think an extra mag is important. I've had the base plate fall out of one during a competition. Would hate for that to happen in a SD situation without a spare.

Handguns are a means to allow you to fight to your long gun. Plan and act accordingly…
I get what you are saying, but unless it happens in your house, the gun you have on you will be the only one you have to fight with.

My standard “far away from home” carry is 2 magazines with 15 rounds each. I keep spare loose ammo in my luggage or vehicle.

Walking around my town, I am comfortable carrying less gun since an engagement with multiple people is extremely unlikely.

I’ve been on some other forums and Facebook pages where guys claim to actually carry something like that. Usually in a back pack. Seems a little paranoid unless you are in Ukraine or Chicago
When the cookie monster is more heavily armed than you, it might be time to change your T.T.P.

1667262328689.png

I get what you are saying, but unless it happens in your house, the gun you have on you will be the only one you have to fight with.

My standard “far away from home” carry is 2 magazines with 15 rounds each. I keep spare loose ammo in my luggage or vehicle.

Walking around my town, I am comfortable carrying less gun since an engagement with multiple people is extremely unlikely.

This will fit almost anywhere: in a backpack, in a trunk, etc. No reason not to have a trunk gun and it doesn't have to be a full length carbine. Not mine, but similar to my SBR. Biggest issue is crossing state lines with it as you have to notify the ATF.

1667262670196.png

I got laughed at by this guy from Texas once when he asked me how much 'gun' do I carry. I said typically a P30SK with 10+1 and a spare 10 in a pocket. The guy carries a Glock 48 on his hip and then a P226 with TLR-1HL in his backpack and 4x spare free state mags with that in there. The point was he would engage threats with the 48 first, and then when he had time, to whip out the larger gun for extended engagements. Seriously? Then again there are other guys on here who are probably comfortable throwing a 642 in a pocket and go out the door. What do you guys typically carry and how much spare booletz?
Yes I carry a 642......but not in my pocket I carry it in a bianci high rise leather holster.

p365 with 10+1 when Im in a low risk area. Add an additional 1 or 2 ten rounders with pinky extension in a tulster holster if Im somewhere skethcy.
I carry a Massachusetts P365 with the safety removed and module changed tons generic Sig non safety module. I have the extended pierce 10 round magazine as the edc. I carry it in a 508 holster IWB with monoclips or with a Safariland 7371 7TS™ ALS® CONCEALMENT PADDLE HOLSTER. I carry a 10 round magazine the flat one.

I sometimes carry the 15 round extended magazine (l live in NC) or it sits in the door of the Buick. Their SIG P365 is truely a 3 inch revolver/J frame and S&W 3913 all in one.

Very rarely the 3rd generations come out any more as EDC. Very occasionally the j frame. Sometimes the SIG P226 .40 with 13 round magazine (or is it 12) or the Beretta 92S (Spenser for hire style Beretta). Or the S&W Model 64.

Exactly. I mean, if I have a backpack, I can carry my SBR Scorpion in it. If I have a car trunk, I have an AR in it. Why do I need two hand guns on my person?

In my home? Like I said, use the handgun to fight to my AR’s or Tavor.
You just leave a AR in the trunk on the regular?

Or you have a P320.... 🤣
Hey, don't knock my grenade!
It jsut screams "Gun!"
I always get the feeling OP’s collecting information for some radical liberal gay California study he’s doing.
So, what you're saying is that you want to particpate, right? [smile]

Back
Top Bottom