• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How old are you?

How old are you?

• 21-30 - young and optimistic

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 31-40- almost young - reality settling in

• 41-50 - almost old - reality strikes

• 51-60 - approaching Geezerhood

• 61-70 - Geezer

• 71 up - part of the Greatest Generation

• Total voters

Pilgrim

NES Member
RETIRED, at home or wherever I want to be
Being new, I haven't seen much of this forum yet but I did a search and didn't find this question.

Might be nice to know more about each other as we're all pretty much neighbors.

I'll start... I'm 59, in my 60th year - a geezer - real soon.

Well, according to the poll I'm almost young. But that's only going to last another 7 months or so. :)

CD

Let's see...

Mentally - 18 to 20
Physically - 85
Chronologically? ...oh, what the hell....47...although I'm told I don't look it....you'd have to ask the ones in here who've seen me. :D

(I can empathise with the health prob's Skald)

I think I'm the designated youngin'.

If there's anybody younger on this board I don't want to know. It freaked me out when I no longer had a 2 before my age, and now that I'm a month away from being 31, I am quaking. :?

SiameseRat said:

If there's anybody younger on this board I don't want to know. It freaked me out when I no longer had a 2 before my age, and now that I'm a month away from being 31, I am quaking. :?

30 was worse for me than 31. Relax hun. :D

Lynne said:
SiameseRat said:

30 was worse for me than 31. Relax hun. :D

Aye aye cap'n! I know in the scheme of things I have no say in the matter and that 31 isn't really THAT old. Just because the life expectancy of mankind was 25 some 1000 years ago doesn't mean that I'm old NOW.

SiameseRat said:
It freaked me out when I no longer had a 2 before my age, and now that I'm a month away from being 31, I am quaking.

Y'know, SR... you're going to wake up on your 31st birthday, and you're not going to feel any different (aside from the number fetish, that is). Really. I went through it at 25 (a QUARTER of a Century!), 30, 35... somewhere along the line, I started to get amused by the whole thing.

IIRC, on my 35th birthday, I went out and fought in the Mayday tourney. 40th, I went up Mt Washington on something much older than I was... the cog railway.

As my father used to say about getting old... consider the alternative.

Ross

MrsWildweasel said:
45 and no one believes me. They don't even believe I have a 19 year old.

Well from your avatar, you don't look 45! I mean, such a nice lustrous coat, no gray fur... [lol] [lol] [lol]

Ross

Too funny. This week I am reminded why I am glad mine is grown. I'm babysitting for friend of ours that has a 5 year old and an 8 year old. Best part is I get to leave at the end of the day. [lol] [lol]

Actually Ross, my cat that looks like my avatar she looks like a little mink,with really shiny fur. [lol] [lol] Thanks for the laughs guys. [lol]

MrsWildweasel said:
Too funny. This week I am reminded why I am glad mine is grown. I'm babysitting for friend of ours that has a 5 year old and an 8 year old. Best part is I get to leave at the end of the day. [lol] [lol]

Which is why all my kids have been 4 legged and furry. [lol]

I came home and told Glenn he didn't have to worry about me wanting any more kids! [lol] My furry 4 legged that greet me at the door works just fine. They've been miffed I'm not home all day with them to slave over them. [lol]

MrsWildweasel said:
I came home and told Glenn he didn't have to worry about me wanting any more kids! [lol] My furry 4 legged that greet me at the door works just fine. They've been miffed I'm not home all day with them to slave over them. [lol]

Yeah, but they forgive so quicly. :D Now I know why you weren't around today. We missed you!

I haven't been around much this week. I get a little bit in the morning and then at night where I can check in. I do have to say I am going through withdrawal. [lol] [lol] Oh well, 2 more days.
Actually my one cat she does hold a grudge. She has a little attitude. [lol]

Back
Top Bottom