Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 51-60 - approaching Geezerhood

• 61-70 - Geezer

• 71 up - part of the Greatest Generation

• Total voters
I'm not sure if I've got this age thing figured out yet. My youngest just turned 30, but I know I'm only 27 (except for my knees, but that's probably from jumping out of airplanes).

Ken

I'm only 34.

But I've never minded getting older. I guess that my boss said something about getting older. He was saying, when he turned 20, that was half of 40. No bid deal. When he turned 30, that's half of 60, not a problem. 40 was half of 80...but when he turned 50, it hit him that that was half of 100, and there isn't many people that make it too a hundred.

That's when it hit him that he's more than halfway there. Then we went over to the 99 and had a few drinks to celebrate his birthday.

He's a little nutty.

SiameseRat said:
Ross I was laughing so loud watching that Patrick came running out of the bedroom because he thought something was wrong!!! [lol] [lol] [lol]

Uh... why are you telling me? Typeo1313 posted the nutbra link... or is it something else I did? [?] [?] [?] [?]

derek said:
Moderator said:
derek said:
Ya but your still a cougar. [wink]

um, I thought cougars were a lil older? I'll have to e-mail LB he'll know.
anyways 25 here

30 and older

http://www.lb34.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=EZCMS&file=index&menu=1&page_id=20

Cougar: Translation: A hot looking woman over the age of 40. Typically “Cougars” can be seen wearing tight fitting clothes and heavy make-up. You probably don’t want people calling your Mom a “Cougar” but in the right situation it could be an acceptable compliment. Used as an LBism “Wow, she’s pretty hot…total Cougar”.

My avatar tells my story. (56 on the real anniversary of WWII, Sept 1)

My oldest is 30 and expecting my first grandchild next month.

My youngest enters fourth grade next week.

My daily prayer, "Lord, you get me out of this one and I'll take care of the next one.".

I'll drag down the curve a bit...

I'll throw my hat in this ring: 24.

I rarely see anyone near my age at the range (BRP), is there a place in MA that has a younger crownd??

Sorry MidKnight, our 19 year old who shoots with us is off to the sandbox. He and hubby have the most in the gun safe. [lol]

Well, I'll pony up as one of the older folks here! 58

One of my good friends, now retired in AZ, has a favorite saying "every day above ground is a good day"! He was 54 when he retired! I agree with his statement!

I've learned that good health counts for a lot more than whether you are young or old! My first shock was burying a friend/neighbor who I grew up with from age 10 until I graduated high school, when he died of cancer at ~30 yo! It was an eye-opener, not to mention the paranoia about "what did he eat/breathe that I did too and may have caused his cancer?"

Re: I'll drag down the curve a bit...

MidKnight said:
I'll throw my hat in this ring: 24.

I rarely see anyone near my age at the range (BRP), is there a place in MA that has a younger crownd??

I have seen a number of folks at BR&P who are in the mid-20s to 30s. Most come, shoot and scoot. Hang around the old geezers who sit around and shoot the breeze and you can learn a lot about shooting, guns, etc.

What I notice most is that most of the younger crowd only say "hi" in passing to the other folks at the club. Stop and chat and you'll learn a lot and age doesn't matter in this sport!

If you are looking for a place to pick up young women, this isn't the place! Most women who come to shoot at Braintree are "attached". On the other hand if a young, unattached woman were to join and hang out there shooting they are likely to find unattached young men over time!

If you come to the Lobster/Clam Bake, you may well find some younger folks there as well.

Shoot, Alan has always liked hanging out with us old farts. He always liked what he could learn. No matter the hobby. [lol]

MrsWildweasel said:
Shoot, Alan has always liked hanging out with us old farts. He always liked what he could learn. No matter the hobby. [lol]

He told me Glenn taught him the old "Pull my finger trick too." [twisted]

And see, that amazies me.

When ever I go to my club, I stay and talk to who ever is at the range shooting.

Most of the time, we end up doing more talking than shooting. And Len, you're right.

You can learn so much about everything just by talking to everyone at the club. If something happens to you gun, it's nothing to go over to one of the "Seasoned" members and talk to them. 9 times out of 10, they have had that happen to them and know a quick way to resolve the issue.

Or they have tools in thier bag that you wouldn't thought to bring to fix it.

LenS said:
One of my good friends, now retired in AZ, has a favorite saying "every day above ground is a good day"!

A good day is when you're looking down at the grass instead of looking up at the roots. :)

Ross

I first started shooting at age 29 and sought the advice of the competition shooters (pistol) and trap/skeet shooters who were at the club I belonged to at that time (not BR&P). Most were 10-20 years my senior. They patiently taught me plenty about shooting, taught me how to reload, etc.

Value their experience and expertise, you won't regret it.

My Wife and I have been attending the Second Amendment Sisters shoots/outing when we can. Most are in their 40s-60s, but I think I've seen two young women there over the past 6 months . . . one is a 19 yo photography student doing a project and another may have been a mid-late 20s (names and status unknown :) ). Most SAS members are NOT BR&P members and are just learning to shoot. Probably less than a handful have LTC-A/ALP that would allow them to carry.

Back
Top Bottom