• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How to buy a Glock 17

I’m just gonna go buy a Glock video it… I don’t want a Glock

OK here is my obligatory Glock speech
Glocks are legal in MA

Dealers are not supposed to sell you a new one

There are creative ways to get one, that involves buying it in pieces, then filing a eFA-10 within 7 days of it being able to fire a shot.

There is the used at gun shop market

then there are private party sales that you will find here on NES.

Do not pay stupid money for a $600 dollar gun.

I like Glocks, in NH used there isn't a used one in a FTF sale that has sold for more than MSRP if still in stock configuration

Tons of them in the 475 dollar range... Gen3 Glocks that are really nice guns

There is no reason to pay stupid money for a polymer pistol, as I said great guns at MSRP or less, more than MSRP there are much better guns out there for the money.

G17? What are you using it for?

The G17 is a brick, and if you are using crippled magazines ( we'll have the discussion about buying over priced 30 year old magazines that the plastic is turning to crap later) then you are carrying a lot more weight than you have to for an incremental increase in grip area and sight radius

Anything in the Sig P365 line is going to be dollar for dollar a better buy IMHO in MA unless you find someone selling for what they are going for in a "free state" like NH, FL, etc.

For those of us who carry on a permit rather than a badge or uniform, G17 is a great knapsack or competition gun.

The Glock 17 is a great service pistol for cops or whatever, but it’s rather big for concealed carry. You don’t see too many for sale here. Lot of G19 since it’s a very popular pistol.

If you have your heart set on the 17, just log in and check the classified ads a couple times a week.

Have you tried being taller? ;)

I carry (AIWB)a G45, and could equally carry the G17. It's not that bad, if you're proportioned for it.

I stood on my tippytoes this morning - I'm still short-ish.
I am however working on my proportions - down 40+ lbs since October.
Still not what you'd call a "slim girlish figure", but I could potentially abdomen carry now whereas before I absolutely couldn't.
hmmm

I stood on my tippytoes this morning - I'm still short-ish.
I am however working on my proportions - down 40+ lbs since October.
Still not what you'd call a "slim girlish figure", but I could potentially abdomen carry now whereas before I absolutely couldn't.
hmmm
We all work with what we've got.

Improving our health is the best investment we can make. Keep it up. Then treat yourself to more dives and less ballast.

(I'm sure you're doing better than me when the timer beeps, too.)

We all work with what we've got.

Improving our health is the best investment we can make. Keep it up. Then treat yourself to more dives and less ballast.

(I'm sure you're doing better than me when the timer beeps, too.)

I used 14 lbs last Fall, 4 on each side, 6 in the back; I'm guessing that I can go to 2 on each side, but I'm going to defer to my brother's experience/advice. Was just looking over my notes from that trip. I got my open water and nitrox certificates, made a total of 26 dives over two weeks, with two days lost due to illness. I'm going to try to get 50+ dives in and get my advanced open water certification.

Create account on Gunbroker, buy G17 and choose FFL at the Mill to have Glock shipped to. Go Green and PM me and I'll tell you what FFL to choose.
Gen 4 G17 w/Night Sights, $425.00
item #975079533
Im kind of in the dark on most things, having been out of gun game for so long, a gen 5 from classifieds sent me email, I said I was interested.
I wont be carrying, just some fun casual shooting.

so this sounds like I buy one from this "gunbroker" ('at the Mill?') dealer, he sends it here...goes to my local ffl where I could then pick it up? I have ffl close to me, called 'outer limits pro shop' in holbrook, mass.

OP try Northeast Trading in North Attleboro. Ask for Ted, he might have a few brand new Glocks for you to take a look at.
(...more confused...)...unless you just mean to look at only...cause I cannot buy new from dealer, right? I 'outer limits' website that he had some listed, so I could go there and look at them (...unless the website just meant he was showing ones he could order...)

(...more confused...)...unless you just mean to look at only...cause I cannot buy new from dealer, right? I 'outer limits' website that he had some listed, so I could go there and look at them (...unless the website just meant he was showing ones he could order...)

Any reason you want a glock instead of something more modern? Glocks are now the same as 1911s, you may as well carry a revolver. Probably some kind of .40 hipster.

long absence from gun game, very confusing to get glock. for home, and casual fun plinkin stuff. I have a replica I shoot in garage.

so, a dealer can only sell me one if it is used? but I can buy new or used in person from another individual?....or from them but thru dealer paperwork? am I way off?
Andrea.jpg

Im kind of in the dark on most things, having been out of gun game for so long, a gen 5 from classifieds sent me email, I said I was interested.
I wont be carrying, just some fun casual shooting.

so this sounds like I buy one from this "gunbroker" ('at the Mill?') dealer, he sends it here...goes to my local ffl where I could then pick it up? I have ffl close to me, called 'outer limits pro shop' in holbrook, mass.
Gunbroker is a website, there are hundreds of slightly used Glocks very cheap for sale, some with night sights because they're LEO turn ins. I've bought a few recently.
You can buy a used Glock from a Ma. resident and just fill out the online EFA10 as long as you have a Ma. LTC w/your PIN.
Go Green and reap the benefits.
That is All.

That's not a 1911. If it isn't the original JMB design made by Colt or licensed due to war-time production, it's not a 1911. It requires a shitty trigger, full size hammer, unflared ejection port, full-power springs, and itty-bitty sights. That's a wanna-be 1911. It doesn't DESERVE to be called a 1911. [rofl]

Back
Top Bottom