How to get a deer to come to you........

You do not want to fight any deer , those hoofs are sharp and do alot of damage. I saw a van once that hit a deer and the driver thought it was dead and threw it in the back. Well Mr. Deer wakes up and is not in the best of moods and proceeds to renovate the interior of the van. While doing this Mr. Deer kicks the passenger in the head and nearly kills him. Then Mr Deer removes the rear doors of the van and stagger off into the woods leaving the Driver and Passenger standing by the side of the road with a van with a broken windshield , busted up dash and no rear doors and alot of explaining to do when State Police and Mass Wildlife show up.

I got into a fight with a deer last hunting season. Actually I jumped into the fight after it charged a guy we were hunting with.
Long story as short as I can make it. Wounded deer we were tracking. Shot it with a bow from about 5 yards. Pissed deer off. Charged my friend because he was closest. Antlers around his waist. I grabbed his antlers and we pushed it's head to the ground. One of his friends jumped on after. He started pushing all three of us. This was 8 hours after it was shot (friends son gut shot it). We finally got it's throat cut. Amazingly strong for something that was dying for over 8 hours.
I jumped in because I knew my friend was in trouble when the deer hit him. It was just a reaction. I never thought about it. Lesson re-learned Never approach a wounded animal from the front.

This is the deer and the kid who shot it.

IMG_2319.jpg

Definite scar on right side of head from button down . No such mark on left side . Might just be a defect or natural marking but looks like a scar to me.

Back
Top Bottom