How to join a club when you do not know anyone? (Solved)

Hello!

I have been lightly trying to join a club (for the first time ever) all summer. I live on the North Shore of MA and every club within a decent distance from me (that has the facilities I am looking for) requires you to be sponsored by a member to even apply. However, I do not even know another person who openly owns a firearm let alone is a member of a club; so how do I go about trying to become a member?

Cape Ann in Gloucester seems to be the best and closest to me but even when they do tours and allow non-members (Sunday mornings) when I might meet someone is not good as I work Sunday mornings.

Thanks for any advice and help.

I'm at Andover sportsmen's. Didnt know anyone so I just walked up on a Wednesday night while they were shooting trap. Got a quickie tour and then I think printed an application form online and mailed it in. Went to the club and got sworn in and.thats that.

Country pond in Newton nh is just over the border on NH and is a fantastic club. Yes a sponsor is needed. There are plenty of public shooting events pretty much every weekend that will allow you to get to know some members.

Schedule in the link. Green highlighted events are open to the public. We pride ourselves in being a friendly and not too competitive crowd at these events. All we care about is that you safely handle your fire arms.....and that we have fun.

Country Pond Fish and Game Club Coming Events

Instead of "lightly trying" jump in with both feet. If you don't ask, you don't get! Look at the clubs website and see on their calendar when they have events scheduled, either for members or public, then go introduce yourself and say you would like to become a member. Most of the old farts don't bite. Tell them what you like to do and I am sure someone will be glad to talk your ear off and probably drag you off to that range to see what's going on. YOU have to make the first move! All clubs mentioned above are good clubs.

Moving to NH and looking for a club, I sent an Email to the club introducing myself and asking about joining. I received instructions on how to proceed and who to contact and joined.

20 yrs ago when I joined Braintree R&P, they wanted a sponsor refernence. I was unaware of any members. I showed up on a Sunday and a member gave me a tour, answered my questions. I signed up and joined. Once I was a member I realized that I knew a number of people who were BR&P members but just didn't know where they belonged.

Show up at an event or send an Email to introduce yourself, etc. and you'll likely get an invite to join.

Wanted to join RRR and didn’t know anyone. They asked me to show up after a BOD meeting and at met some club officers. One of them sponsored me.

Hello!

I have been lightly trying to join a club (for the first time ever) all summer. I live on the North Shore of MA and every club within a decent distance from me (that has the facilities I am looking for) requires you to be sponsored by a member to even apply. However, I do not even know another person who openly owns a firearm let alone is a member of a club; so how do I go about trying to become a member?

Cape Ann in Gloucester seems to be the best and closest to me but even when they do tours and allow non-members (Sunday mornings) when I might meet someone is not good as I work Sunday mornings.

Thanks for any advice and help.

You don't need a sponsor at Cape Ann. They welcome anybody

Back
Top Bottom