• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How to shoot yourself in the hand with a modified handgun.

whacko

NES Member
Did a search didn't see it posted previously. Anyway....front vertical grip mounted on the front rail of a FA glock breaks off mid burst resulting in a nice 9mm hole in his hand. Who's to blame here? The equipment, the shooter, or the owner that let him shoot the modified handgun?

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=11fcg543Jow

Insufficient information for definitive determination: Did the grip break, or come loose? Did the rail break? Was the grip designed for use on a select-fire pistol?

Pending more info I lean towards the owner, not for letting his buddy shoot it, but for likely installing the grip incorrectly (ex. if grip came loose), or maybe installing a grip that was not designed for the application. If the grip was advertised for that use, and installed properly, but broke, then equipment is at fault. Not sure how the shooter gets blamed.

Insufficient information for definitive determination: Did the grip break, or come loose? Did the rail break? Was the grip designed for use on a select-fire pistol?

Pending more info I lean towards the owner, not for letting his buddy shoot it, but for likely installing the grip incorrectly (ex. if grip came loose), or maybe installing a grip that was not designed for the application. If the grip was advertised for that use, and installed properly, but broke, then equipment is at fault. Not sure how the shooter gets blamed.
Not sure myself....just posing the question.
Personally I would not install a vert grip in that position there. Leaving my hand so close to the muzzle just seems like an accident waiting to happen. But that's just me. If you watch till the end the entire grip is on the floor and appears to be complete. Looks like it came loose and popped off.

Is there even room for a VFG on the rail of a Glock? Even an MP5 has it a little farther back, right?
I hear ya. I'm thinking it was "jammed" on there. Look at the floor at the end of the vid......it's a large vert grip assembly.

It's 2020 so I guess we have to blame someone, but...accidents happen? Shit happens? Nobody is to blame.
Well.....we play with fire arms as our "thing". If the guy modified the gun with a spit and bailing wire technique and it failed resulting in a gunshot wound I think it's prudent to explore the possibilities and learn from It.

Modern version of Hyman Lebman's baby machine guns. Lebman converted 1911s to full-auto, added a Cutts compensator to the muzzle to dampen blast and climb, plus installed a vertical forward grip similar to that of the Thompson SMG. FBI has one of them in its collection. It killed two of their agents back in the early 1930s.

Who's to blame here?

Trump and the NRA.

Honestly, the shooter should assume the responsibility. This is the problem today, everyone tries to blame someone, that is why we have so many lawyers.

Maybe the idea was stupid, maybe the product was cheap, maybe it wasn't installed correctly, maybe the owner is a morron... but the shooter decided to shoot it, own it.

Trump and the NRA.

Honestly, the shooter should assume the responsibility. This is the problem today, everyone tries to blame someone, that is why we have so many lawyers.

Maybe the idea was stupid, maybe the product was cheap, maybe it wasn't installed correctly, maybe the owner is a morron... but the shooter decided to shoot it, own it.
3f2.jpeg

Watching the video it looks more like the guy "Broke his grip from the gun"...

It didn't look like the gun broke, I think he let go of the gun... It looks like he let his support hand let go of the gun when it was shooting full auto and he let his left hand get in front of the gun when it was still firing and that's how he shot himself...

I didn't see where the gun broke, I think it was operator error!!!

OK I just watched it again, I see where there was a front handgrip, you can see it on the ground when the camera pans back... Somehow that came off when he was shooting which allowed his left hand to go into the line of fire and shoot himself in his left hand...

Nice lawsuit unless he signed a waver...

Last edited:
As a side note he certainly had a calm reaction to just shooting himself. "Did you get shot"....."yeah". 🤣
Well, you don't know if it's a through-and-through that isn't hurting yet from shock or if it's just a superficial crease. He's still able to open and close his hand, so I would think all the bones are still in place.

Trump and the NRA.

This.

Guns don't shoot people in the hand. People shoot people in the hand.

You can see the grip come off in his left hand at the 35-36 second mark. He drops it on the floor and the then the camera pans down to it.

Did a search didn't see it posted previously. Anyway....front vertical grip mounted on the front rail of a FA glock breaks off mid burst resulting in a nice 9mm hole in his hand. Who's to blame here? The equipment, the shooter, or the owner that let him shoot the modified handgun?

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=11fcg543Jow

I blame who ever put that dildo on the pistol. The shooter seemed to attempt to get a feel for the pistol.?
Did he get shot or did the rail dig in into his hand

I blame who ever put that dildo on the pistol. The shooter seemed to attempt to get a feel for the pistol.?
Did he get shot or did the rail dig in into his hand
You can see the hole in the back of his hand after he turns around

I am impressed with how he sweeps the guy next to him with his finger on the trigger while he looks at his other hand. Thanks loser! Maybe put the gun down after you shoot yourself with it?

Back
Top Bottom