• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How/Where to Sell a Gun (In Addition to NES Classifieds)

First let me say I'm a member and already have the gun I'm trying to sell listed in the classifieds. It's a somewhat niche model so I'm not getting any bites. My LGS offered me decent value for the gun alone but won't increase his offer to account for accessories/mags. I emailed Buds Gun Shop Online but I'm not holding my breath there. Also not excited about trying GunBroker.

I thought about posting on Facebook and phrasing it within their rules for gun posts, but I'm not keen on broadcasting that to all of Facebook.

Anyone know any other good ways to list a gun for sale locally (NH)? I don't know anyone local, so 'circle of friends' isn't going to help.

I would say GB...least then you can enter a buy now and you might get someone who really wants it and bites for your price. Cant hurt to list it, worst case you pull it and are where you are now. Good luck

What about gun stores that buy guns, what kind of price do you get there? Or trading when you buy a gun? I assume that's worse than consignment.

What about gun stores that buy guns, what kind of price do you get there? Or trading when you buy a gun? I assume that's worse than consignment.

The gun is $360 new and I'm getting offered $200 to sell to a store. That's reasonable for the gun alone since they have to make a profit, but I'm into it $450 with accessories, so $200 just won't cut it. Stores don't care much about the accessories. Just the gun, mag, and factory box.

If you don't mind me asking what make and model is it ? I'm just curious. And as far as accessories go, you never give the dealer anything except what came with the gun, the rest you can sell separately. It's been my experience that a dealer's won't pay anything extra for holsters or additional magazines. Also I place ad's at my gun club, it really works, you should try it.

Didn't know about Arms List. Just took a look. How sketchy is it? Either way I'd be going the FFL route but I'm not worried about the sale being legally gray. Just curious.
Arms list is pretty cool. If you're doing the transfer through an FFL, I really wouldn't sweat it.

There is a surefire way of moving an item that isn't selling. Drop the price!

If you don't mind me asking what make and model is it ? I'm just curious. And as far as accessories go, you never give the dealer anything except what came with the gun, the rest you can sell separately. It's been my experience that a dealer's won't pay anything extra for holsters or additional magazines. Also I place ad's at my gun club, it really works, you should try it.

It's a Diamondback DB9. The fact that the gun is less known and uncommon is making things more difficult. I'm quite sure I wouldn't be able to unload the accessories on their own so I need someone who wants the whole package.

Didn't know about Arms List. Just took a look. How sketchy is it? Either way I'd be going the FFL route but I'm not worried about the sale being legally gray. Just curious.
Armslist seems to work pretty well for sellers assuming they price their used gun reasonably (generally at least $100 under brand new) but awfully risky for non-local buyers with a lot of questionable sellers and listings. I'm told that Armslist works best for selling guns priced under $500.00 and, of course, for principally local sales.

As a shopper, I've never had any luck on Armslist. Seems that anything interesting and priced right is reported back to me as sold *or* I never get a reply from the seller at all, probably meaning a bogus listing. Be especially cautious dealing with "unregistered" sellers.

I would tread carefully with armslist... it can work well, but IMO it really is the craigslist of guns, and so you have to keep all the same cautions in mind and then some. Gunbroker has always worked well for me, and with a reserve price / buy it now option you have some nice tools to make sure the sale goes the way you want it too. You could always sell the gun to your LGS and then part out the accessories on ebay/gunbroker/etc, depending on what they are.

I use Armslist frequently. However, I buy accessories all over the place and have only bought & sold guns locally.

Communication can be hit or miss with posters.

Yes, Call Seth at Seacoast Firearms in North Hampton NH...... He's right across the street from Home Depot and above the Post Office..... He has a lot of repeat customers that he posts firearms of interest to.... via the internet.....He only charges $10 for FFL transfers too !!! I've had great luck there.....

The gun is $360 new and I'm getting offered $200 to sell to a store. That's reasonable for the gun alone since they have to make a profit, but I'm into it $450 with accessories, so $200 just won't cut it. Stores don't care much about the accessories. Just the gun, mag, and factory box.

Fwiw that really isn't a bad return. The gun shop is offering you a very fair price. However if you want to try and get more, I think you should put it on consignment at a high volume dealer like FSguns. Play the waiting game and it will sell. Only problem is you MIGHT accidently buy another gun, like what I did. Oh well. I guess I couldn't live without a Ruger Sp101 .22

I hate to tell you but just checked the sold list in Gunbroker for your Diamondback DB9.

Pistols like yours sold for $200 to $300 price range.

Not trying to be a troll, just trying to tell you what its really worth in the used gun world.

The problem with "upgrading" weapons is it usually doesn't mean much in trying to sell it.

My suggestion is to try and sell the pistol and accessories separately to get the most back if you can.

Last edited:
I've had decent luck with armslist. Just treat it like a Craigslist deal; bring somebody with you to meet the other party in a Walmart parking lot, preferably in daylight.

Back
Top Bottom