• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How would a FK BRNO PSD magazine be treated?

10 rounds at 10mm
17 rounds at 9mm
16 rounds at 7,5

To be "legal" would you need to be blocked at 10 rounds at 7,5 and limited extra for 10mm?

10 rounds at 10mm
17 rounds at 9mm
16 rounds at 7,5

To be "legal" would you need to be blocked at 10 rounds at 7,5 and limited extra for 10mm?

Where? In MA, 10rds across the board considering the post 94 manufacture date. Blocking is a whole 'nother topic though where people will argue over what is legal, what is not, and the question of how you even get the mag here to block in the first place. But again, where?

Where? In MA, 10rds across the board considering the post 94 manufacture date. Blocking is a whole 'nother topic though where people will argue over what is legal, what is not, and the question of how you even get the mag here to block in the first place. But again, where?
This is posted in the MA section.
Since the mag is multi caliber do you think you would need to block the prevent every caliber from being over ten or just its current state

This is posted in the MA section.
Since the mag is multi caliber do you think you would need to block the prevent every caliber from being over ten or just its current state

Sorry--I sort by new and didn't catch this was posted in MA section. I think you also brought up the one example that breaks mag block theory in MA. I guess you could block for the smallest round, making you lose a round for the largest. But who really knows what is kosher?

How does this even work? They probably have to skip witness holes for round counts. I noticed the website only lists 7.5mm/10mm/.40S&W for the mags. It is possible the 9mm are a separate mag just for itself, as that might also make size sense.

Sorry--I sort by new and didn't catch this was posted in MA section. I think you also brought up the one example that breaks mag block theory in MA. I guess you could block for the smallest round, making you lose a round for the largest. But who really knows what is kosher?

How does this even work? They probably have to skip witness holes for round counts. I noticed the website only lists 7.5mm/10mm/.40S&W for the mags. It is possible the 9mm are a separate mag just for itself, as that might also make size sense.
I asked them and they just sent me this answer 00C3329E-58CE-4BAB-9119-6BFB9AD3200E.jpeg

10 rounds at 10mm
17 rounds at 9mm
16 rounds at 7,5

If you have enough cash to afford an FK Brno chances are you dont care about the answer. [rofl]

It’s not big money when compared to its $7500 big brother.
Id consider any handgun over $1,000 to be considered expensive. Not specifically for my life situation, but as a general rule of thumb.
True, but that argument of X is not big money compared to Y, where Y is just a more expensive gun, still does not justify X's price. This doesn't exactly look like some type of hand crafted 1911/2011 or competition gun. Its one trick appears to be the 7.5mm rounds. That may require additional engineering over a vanilla Glock, but is that worth $1,000? Maybe for some, but for me, this $1,500 is "big money".

True, but that argument of X is not big money compared to Y, where Y is just a more expensive gun, still does not justify X's price. This doesn't exactly look like some type of hand crafted 1911/2011 or competition gun. Its one trick appears to be the 7.5mm rounds. That may require additional engineering over a vanilla Glock, but is that worth $1,000? Maybe for some, but for me, this $1,500 is "big money".
I'm looking strictly at the numbers and what your average person can attain. Never once commented on the worth of a firearm. I never said this gun was worth $1500 or not. Does it have $1,000 of engineering over a vanilla glock? I doubt it, but it does have new startup costs that haven't been ironed out over decades. You're average person can very reasonably purchase a $1500 handgun (doesn't matter if it's worth it or not because that's a personal choice) and do it without putting themselves in a weird position or hardcore savings their pennies. You're average person cannot purchase a $7500 handgun without going through a pretty substantial savings regiment. It's ok that this is big money for you while something else might not be. I do agree with you that the value per dollar of this handgun is probably lower because a custom gun or a finely tuned production gun it is not. ust looking at the numbers objectively though sorry, $1,500 isn't really an expensive handgun in 2021. In the world of Sig Legions, Wilson Combat/LTT Berettas, CZ Shadows/CZ Custom/CGW, S&W Performance Centers, basically any fine tuned production line 1911, and way more. $1,000-1,500 handguns are damn near a dime a dozen.
Obviously it is dwarfed by the sheer number of standard duty guns, but you can't throw a stone without hitting a $1,000+ production gun.

$1,500 isn't really an expensive handgun in 2021
It all just really boils down to this for me. Yes, I do think $1,500 is expensive. I am thankful to say that I can easily buy a pistol for this price with very little strain, but that does not make me think it is not expensive. I need to see the obvious gains over a $500 vanilla Glock for it to make sense for me. All those brands you mentioned, those prices make sense to me in either the hand craftsmanship or the custom work over stock. This is less clear to me. It would appear that the bulk of the price point is sunk into the delivery of a pistol capable of handling 7.5 pressures. Maybe its worth it. Maybe it’s a lot of money on a gimmick. I suppose that call is subjective, but I otherwise don't see much that would justify the price tag. So I do think this is expensive, even in 2021.

Back
Top Bottom