How you know when you are really hooked!

Well I think I am. I went to Four Seasons and I just can't make a decision. I love the S&W 1911 (all SS), I love the Bushmaster M4A3 and I love the Glock 27s. Talk about apple and oranges.. .what's wrong with me?? The only thing that the 3 have is they are somewhat close in price!!! $699-$899 I thought I'd be happy with just my Sigs... and now look what has happened. Anyone else have these issues?

Yes, I had a similar problem, ended up buying all choices.

It didn't help though. Now I want a 77/22 bolt action rifle. Then I'm done. Really. Honest.

Lugnut said:
Well I think I am. I went to Four Seasons and I just can't make a decision. I love the S&W 1911 (all SS), I love the Bushmaster M4A3 and I love the Glock 27s. Talk about apple and oranges.. .what's wrong with me?? The only thing that the 3 have is they are somewhat close in price!!! $699-$899 I thought I'd be happy with just my Sigs... and now look what has happened. Anyone else have these issues?
You're kidding right? Just about every firearm is a thing to behold. Gotta have 'em all!

JonJ said:
Lugnut said:
You're kidding right? Just about every firearm is a thing to behold. Gotta have 'em all!

Ok- just making sure it wasn't just me. [roll] But I really am surprised that my tastes are now so wide ranging.

Adam, etc. I hope I can have them all some day!

Milsurp collecting is like being addicted to crack. [lol] Its cheap, they're easy to find, and someone always knows someone who does it.
I started casually after watching Saving Pvt Ryan and playing Medal of Honor on PC. My first choice was a K98, the work horse of the German army. Secondly I wanted a Mosin Nagant, and this was before Enemy at the Gates. Then I wanted an M1 Garand. That ejecting clip sound does something to ya.
Now many rifles and many safes later, when it comes to money I gauge a lot of things in milsurp equations. For example.... the usual coffee and a muffin breakfast on the way to work comes out to around $4. At 5 times a week thats $20 at the end of the week. In one month's time, thats another Turkish Mauser, or 91/30, M44, or M38 Mosin Nagant . [shock] And thats with shipping too. :x
I won't even go to bars anymore. Even a cheap night out is a spam can of Czech silver tip or Romanian 8mm. I've even debated cutting back on good beer and resorting to Bush to save funds for gun shows, but as I sit here with a bottle of Blue Moon Belgian White near me, I don't think i'm that bad yet. [lol]

hminsky said:
It didn't help though. Now I want a 77/22 bolt action rifle. Then I'm done. Really. Honest.

Hmmm....that sounds very much like "But honey, I only had 2...really!"

[lol] [lol] [lol]

Lynne said:
hminsky said:

Hmmm....that sounds very much like "But honey, I only had 2...really!"

[lol] [lol] [lol]

Reminds me of coming home with a Russian SKS from Four Seasons one day and finding the wife not home. I was thinking "YES!" as I snuck it into the house and into the safe.
Also reminds me of something I heard a guy on a shooting show say one day. "When I die I just hope my wife never sells my guns for what I told her I paid for them."

Lugnut said:

Heh. I was in Four Seasons this past weekend. The following three guns caught my eye:

1. New ParaOrdnance Warthog.
2. Smith & Wesson model 65 in .357 Magnum
3. Bubba'd SKS with black nylon stock and cheap scope.

A 1911-based micro for CCW, a retro-ish wheelgun, and a milsurp complete with gunsmithing by Bubba™. Not a lot of commonality in that group!

Except that I want them all... [twisted]

centermass181 said:
I told you I had a USP.

Yeah but yours is a .40, right, a .40?

Yeah, I own a USP .40.

That one says .45, not .40.

[roll]

Oopsie...

I'm lucky. Mine can't tell the difference between a Mosin Nagant and a Mannlicher-Carcano... ;)

Or a GP101 and a 686...

Might be able to spot the difference between AR-15 and SAR-1, but that's a maybe...

I am an ideal wife. Please see conversation with husband below:

"Hon, do we have an H&K?" Umm... no.
"Hon, do we have a USP?" Umm... no.
"Hon, do we have a J frame?" Umm... no.

"Hon, do I have to keep asking you about guns we don't have or can we go to Four Seasons?"

<curtsy> Thank you and good night.

SiameseRat said:

"Hon, do I have to keep asking you about guns we don't have or can we go to Four Seasons?"

Show off [lol]

Lugnut said:

If you already have some Sigs, get the M4A3 first, then the S&W 1911.

SiameseRat said:

We're twins. [lol] (only I need to better so I can get more money to add to the collection [roll] )

Lynne said:
SiameseRat said:

We're twins. [lol] (only I need to better so I can get more money to add to the collection [roll] )

Keep showing off ladies!

dreppucci007 said:
Lynne said:
SiameseRat said:

Keep showing off ladies!

It's not showing off, per say. It's just showing you guys that there are some female gunnuts out here. [lol]

Welllll, I'm showing off a little [wink] But mostly I just want to give you single guys hope. We really do exist! There are women that love guns, don't give up [lol]

Gun ownership is a slippery slope indeed. My saving grace is that I own a relatively small safe, strictly handguns with only two shelves. In less than a year I've bought five pistols, and I have a sixth on layaway. When I pick up my P99C, I don't think I'll have any more room in my safe, and I'll be forced to stop buying guns.

Until I buy a bigger safe. :) God help me.

SiameseRat said:
Welllll, I'm showing off a little [wink] But mostly I just want to give you single guys hope. We really do exist! There are women that love guns, don't give up [lol]

From my experience so far, it's like finding a needle in a haystack...I Never give up though :D

I'm really bad myself... I need another safe, but I don't have anywhere to put it. And I don't have anywhere to put guns. But I still keep picking them up.

I think that I need to start picking up those gun holder things that hold four pistols upside down. I think that I can get more in my safe with those than the holder things in my top shelf.

I had to resort to removing all the shelves from my safe, and installing a full length piece of peg-board on one side. Then I can just alter the little pegs, so they hold my handguns the way I want. Before I did that, I had maybe room for one shoe horned more rifle, and no real room for handguns. Now, I can fit easily another 4 long guns, and 8-10 more handguns!

Also, I pulled this line out last week...
"Baby, look what I picked up! This gun will be great for YOU to carry, once you get your license" [twisted]

Adam

Have any of you seen online plans for designing a closet safe? I know there are companies that sell reinforced frames with the doors, all you have to do is instal them, or have a carpenter do it. I've thought of this many times, a complete walk in closet can be turned into a safe with wall racks, floor racks, whatever

A few years ago, right after I bought the M14 (same show), the wife went shopping at the show for a new (bigger) gun safe. The joke was on her, she didn't realize I was friends with the guy selling safes (fellow biker).

One of the guys at one of the gun shops I go to, was telling me about his setup... Basically, it's a small bedroom in his house, that the insides of the walls, and the floor are all lined with 16ga. seel, welded at all the seams, with steel security doors.

Maybe someday!

Adam

Too damned much trouble. Easier to simply move to a free state.

Adam, I have a gun floor, the 2nd floor of the house is mostly mine.

Of course, I could always move stuff over to the shop, but that's a whole different story. 8)

Now that 4 safes are full and I'm fed up with buying safes, the next one
- will be 160 ft², nearly 7' high
- will have a 660 lbs door with a dial lock
- have rifle racks along 3 walls (whereof the thinnest one is 10" thick and of concrete blocks)
Target date for completion is somewhen in May.

Back
Top Bottom