How you know when you are really hooked!

Adam_MA said:
One of the guys at one of the gun shops I go to, was telling me about his setup... Basically, it's a small bedroom in his house, that the insides of the walls, and the floor are all lined with 16ga. seel, welded at all the seams, with steel security doors.

Maybe someday!

Adam

http://www.amsecusa.com/vault-door.htm

Vault-Door.jpg

That's what I'm talking about.

C-pher said:
Adam_MA said:
One of the guys at one of the gun shops I go to, was telling me about his setup... Basically, it's a small bedroom in his house, that the insides of the walls, and the floor are all lined with 16ga. seel, welded at all the seams, with steel security doors.

Maybe someday!

Adam

http://www.amsecusa.com/vault-door.htm

Vault-Door.jpg

That's what I'm talking about.

WOW, that would be AWESOME!!! [lol]

Hows about a concrete bunker 60ft below ground! And all walls are lined with aluminum foil so thems commie mind-readers can't get in neither! [lol]

Arrrr

-Weer'd Beard

hminsky said:
Yes, I had a similar problem, ended up buying all choices.

It didn't help though. Now I want a 77/22 bolt action rifle. Then I'm done. Really. Honest.

I got a 77/22 from FS, put a Leupold VX-III on it and am teaching my 11 year old son how to put ten rounds of .22 through the same hole at 100 yards. You will love it. I'm at the point where I need only three more guns to complete my collection. A 1911 (S&W or Para), a Glock of some sort (just so I can say I have one) and an AR-15. I think I can do it for $2500 and then I'm done. Really. No, seriously. Really.

Regards,
Chris

I haven't bought a gun in almost a year. It is making me very, very sad.

Last years tax return came in the form of a Glock 17 (for me) a Glock 21 (for hubby) and a Ruger 10/22 (for me).

Where the hell is my tax return!!!! [evil]

SiameseRat said:

Last years tax return came in the form of a Glock 17 (for me) a Glock 21 (for hubby) and a Ruger 10/22 (for me).

I file online and get direct deposit. Had state in 3 days, federal in 8.

C-pher said:
SiameseRat said:

I did ours last night. I'm hoping it's that quick. [lol]

Nickle said:
SR, buy a Mosin, they're dirt cheap. That'll get rid of your Blues.

Not a bad idea. I want a bolt action rifle, but really I was thinking about a WASR-10. They're cheap as chips too. Either way, things are tight around here lately and don't think I'd feel good about a gun that I can't pay cash for up front. Sad huh? [cry]

Lynne said:
C-pher said:
SiameseRat said:

C-pher and Lynne- it might help if I filed my taxes, wouldn't it? [lol]

SiameseRat said:
Lynne said:
C-pher said:
SiameseRat said:

C-pher and Lynne- it might help if I filed my taxes, wouldn't it? [lol]

Well....there IS that.... [lol] [lol] [wink]

SiameseRat said:
Nickle said:

Not a bad idea. I want a bolt action rifle, but really I was thinking about a WASR-10. They're cheap as chips too. Either way, things are tight around here lately and don't think I'd feel good about a gun that I can't pay cash for up front. Sad huh? [cry]

Boy can I relate to that! Since misery loves company, I'm there with ya SR. [wink]

Lynne said:
SiameseRat said:
Nickle said:

Boy can I relate to that! Since misery loves company, I'm there with ya SR. [wink]
Thankee Lynne... But when I do file my taxes, if there's enough left to buy a gun I'll let you shoot it any time you want :D

senorFrog said:
Lugnut said:
Well I think I am. I went to Four Seasons and I just can't make a decision. I love the S&W 1911 (all SS), I love the Bushmaster M4A3 and I love the Glock 27s. Talk about apple and oranges.. .what's wrong with me?? The only thing that the 3 have is they are somewhat close in price!!! $699-$899 I thought I'd be happy with just my Sigs... and now look what has happened. Anyone else have these issues?

If you already have some Sigs, get the M4A3 first, then the S&W 1911.

I'm liking the M4A3 idea more and more. But one can never can tell what will happen when I go back. [roll]

SiameseRat said:
I am an ideal wife. Please see conversation with husband below:

"Hon, do we have an H&K?" Umm... no.
"Hon, do we have a USP?" Umm... no.
"Hon, do we have a J frame?" Umm... no.

"Hon, do I have to keep asking you about guns we don't have or can we go to Four Seasons?"

<curtsy> Thank you and good night.

Jen, what bit you, and can you to get it to bite Kathy? [lol] [lol]

JuergenG said:
Now that 4 safes are full and I'm fed up with buying safes, the next one
- will be 160 ft², nearly 7' high
- will have a 660 lbs door with a dial lock
- have rifle racks along 3 walls (whereof the thinnest one is 10" thick and of concrete blocks)
Target date for completion is somewhen in May.

:eek:

If you've resorted to buying sheet metal safes because they're cheap and can be all bolted together, and you've beefed up the security by adding heavy duty steel hasps and cutter proof padlocks, i'd say that defines hooked. Especially if you have several and they're all full like this.

0300998a.jpg

I have to agree with Milsurps... I can't afford 1800 for a safe! (which is what my friend in NH is spending for his new safe - he's trying to sell his Mini-14 to get all the $$$$ for the safe!)

SiameseRat said:

I really like my WASR. If you buy one, I can suggest a few parts to swap out to make it more comfortable, like the trigger assy and the pistol grip. If you don't get one, you ladies can shoot mine any time you like.

Back
Top Bottom