Howard Leight Impact Sport Earmuff

EzGoingKev

NES Member
I read so good reviews on these on another forum and looking for a place around Gillette Stadium area that would have them in stock so I could check them out in person.

Anyone know of any place that sells & stocks these?

And yes, I do know that Bass Pro is located at Gillette but according to their web site they do not sell them.

If you're vacationing/day-tripping up North Kittery Trading Post sells them for under $60. probably useless info but it's the only place I know that stocks them. I own a few pairs and love them.

The electronic pair? I got mine from Cabela's online a few years back. I like them a lot, work well for the price, and I like that you can hook up an mp3 player while you shoot. [laugh][grin]

ETA: Oops, I opened the thread a while ago but didn't refresh before posting.

I received them last week and they seem to fit good.

I am waiting on a bolt carrier from LMT and once I get that I will be doing some shooting so I can try them out.

They work fairly good for the price. I know quite a few people who run them with great success. I have heard of one case where they went to shit due to moisture and this happened in WA so it's not like it's that big of a surprise. The great thing about electronic hearing pro is if they do go out your hearing is still protected.

Personally i run SORDINs but that is because it is what I have. If I had been footing the bill for either SORDIN or Howard Legith Then I would have gone with the latter as I am generally not in the market for dropping $300 or hearing for just range stuff.

I tried these out after the rave reviews. They were garbage, IMO. But I can only wear one pair of electronic muffs which are the MSA sordins. Even there I don't care for them too much and rather use plugs.

I got a pair off of Midway with my C&R discount. They are great, except they don't actually fit my head. For some reason, no matter how hard I try to adjust them, they won't lay flat and leave a gap at the bottom, which completely negates any noise reduction.

I got a pair off of Midway with my C&R discount. They are great, except they don't actually fit my head. For some reason, no matter how hard I try to adjust them, they won't lay flat and leave a gap at the bottom, which completely negates any noise reduction.

That's odd - maybe you should send them back to HL...I have a pair and also a giant pumpkin head and they fit me perfectly. Perhaps the adjustment doesn't work all the way?

That's odd - maybe you should send them back to HL...I have a pair and also a giant pumpkin head and they fit me perfectly. Perhaps the adjustment doesn't work all the way?

I think the problem is that I have a tiny little peanut head so they won't adjust properly.

Wife wanted a set of ear muffs and we were near Dick's.went in saw the "Field and Stream" HLs and the price was $30 according to the sticker on the rack. Bring to register and Holy price shock,Batman $70. I put them back and gave her my set. BTW Amazon price for the same product....$48. I think I will stay out of Dick's for awhile. Probably could have force them to sell me the muff for the price on the rack but it was going to be more aggravation than it was worth.

overstock has them for 48. You can use bing to get the price lower tho. I ended up getting mine for about $32

I shot with these the other day and they worked great in the noise department. Shot over 300 rounds of .223 and about 120 rounds of 9mm. My hearing was the same as before I started shooting.

The only bad thing I would say so far is that they are not the most eye protection friendly but I have been told all/most ear muff style hearing protection are not.

I became interested in these muffs and did a little checking. The NRR of these muffs is around 20 or lower. This is just not enough to protect your hearing. I prefer my clunky old Dave Clarks with a NRR of 29.

Back
Top Bottom