How's the stock at your local shop?

My area, Cape. Popular handguns sold out or if something comes in it's gone. So hit or miss depending on timing. Ordering anything means just being put on a waiting list.

Ammo
9mm low stock or nothing.
380 not available
22lr not available.

Last edited:
My area, Cape. Popular handguns sold out or if something comes in it's gone. So hit or miss depending on timing. Ordering anything means just being put on a waiting list.

380 not available
22lr not available.
Are you saying they are out (or low stock) of 9mm/.380/.22lr guns?

All sold out here in Indianapolis. Currently all the guns in this state are on their way to Chicago to support Mayor Lightfoots claims that our 'lawlessness' is the root of their problems.

In all seriousness...everything in high demand (self-defense/home-defense) type stuff is picked pretty clean along with the ammo, but there are still more options then I would expect available at my local shop. LOTS of revolvers and bolt guns on the shelves though :D

Local shop to remain nameless. Last Thursday had 5.56 M193 and M855. Very reasonable prices. I picked up 5 boxes M193. Also had Federal 45 230gr. FMJ. Also reasonable price. I picked up 2 boxes. I would have bought more but I didn't want to be a dick and clean him out.

Ammo
380 not available
22lr not available.

Saw a bunch of 380 at cape cod gun works yesterday, but I'd call first.

I can't find:

.223/5.56
6.5 creedmore

A ffl I visited said something weird last week- "I might have to close, gun sales are amazing, but I can't get the inventory to sell".

1 box limit on 223 at a shop in Bristol County. D&L in Rhode Island has ammo up the ass if you can stomach the prices.

I,m not sure what my local shop has for inventory because every time I drive by there is a line outside that I don,t want to wait in to see what they have for ammo.

I should add I did buy a new gun over the weekend. I went in when a new one had just arrived. The FN 503. They only had 2, so now 1. I figured I'd never see one again for a long while so why not buy it. This is what I mean by hit or miss.

No idea on inventory because I don't bother buying ammo locally, even in good times I often save 30% online, but in the Plaistow area the gun-shop-o-meter has been way down locally compared to the panic of April & May. It could be lack of inventory but I do see adds regularly coming in now w/ the popular guns in stock, prices are up like 30% compared to say February but the guns are available again it seems.

I can't find:

.223/5.56
6.5 creedmore

A ffl I visited said something weird last week- "I might have to close, gun sales are amazing, but I can't get the inventory to sell".

I saw some 6.5 at outer limits in Holbrook and Bass pro in foxborough

I can't find:

.223/5.56
6.5 creedmore

makes sense if you cant get stock on the the things that are selling why open ? Just be open by appointment at that point.

I think the implication was close for good. Can't pay rent when you can't get the supply to sell.
maybe its a good chance to get out for some. Honeslty I dont know how so many gun shops stay open with what little they have in stores at any given time.
I have not been gun shop shopping in years. lucky to have one shop a few minutes away that generally has what I want when I want it.
Other shops I just get, "nope dont got that" Funds are not as liquid in the past few years either so gun shops are the last stop on my "shopping" list.

I am outside of MA, but I have good luck with Ammoseek. If its for sale online somewhere in the states - Ammoseek will find it. Prices are higher in general, but it is what it is.

Back
Top Bottom