HR 127; yeah - NO.

allen-1

NES Member
From Sheila Jackson, introduced 1/4, bolding added by me:

Here's part of the text:
possession of firearms or ammunition in the United States, and for the registration with the Bureau of each firearm present in the United States.
“(b) Firearm Registration System.—
“(1) REQUIRED INFORMATION.—Under the firearm registration system, the owner of a firearm shall transmit to the Bureau—
“(A) the make, model, and serial number of the firearm, the identity of the owner of the firearm, the date the firearm was acquired by the owner, and where the firearm is or will be stored; and
“(B) a notice specifying the identity of any person to whom, and any period of time during which, the firearm will be loaned to the person.

“(2) DEADLINE FOR SUPPLYING INFORMATION.—The transmission required by paragraph (1) shall be made—
“(A) in the case of a firearm acquired before the effective date of this section, within 3 months after the effective date of this section; or
“(B) in the case of a firearm acquired on or after the effective date, on the date the owner acquires the firearm.
“(3) DATABASE.—
“(A) IN GENERAL.—The Attorney General shall establish and maintain a database of all firearms registered pursuant to this subsection.
“(B) ACCESS.—The Attorney General shall make the contents of the database accessible to all members of the public, all Federal, State, and local law enforcement authorities, all branches of the United States Armed Forces, and all State and local governments, as defined by the Bureau.

“(c) Licensing System.—
“(1) REQUIREMENTS.—
“(A) GENERAL LICENSE.—Except as otherwise provided in this subsection, the Attorney General shall issue to an individual a license to possess a firearm and ammunition if the individual—
“(i) has attained 21 years of age;
“(ii) after applying for the license—
“(I) undergoes a criminal background check conducted by the national instant criminal background check system established under section 103 of the Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act, and the check does not indicate that possession of a firearm by the individual would violate subsection (g) or (n) of section 922 or State law;
“(II) undergoes a psychological evaluation conducted in accordance with paragraph (2), and the evaluation does not indicate that the individual is psychologically unsuited to possess a firearm; and
“(III) successfully completes a training course, certified by the Attorney General, in the use, safety, and storage of firearms, that includes at least 24 hours of training; and
“(iii) demonstrates that, on issuance of the license, the individual will have in effect an insurance policy issued under subsection (d).

“(1) IN GENERAL.—The Attorney General shall issue to any person who has applied for a license pursuant to subsection (c) and has paid to the Attorney General the fee specified in paragraph (2) of this subsection a policy that insures the person against liability for losses and damages resulting from the use of any firearm by the person during the 1-year period that begins with the date the policy is issued.
“(2) FEE.—The fee specified in this paragraph is $800.”.

“(B) a semiautomatic rifle that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least 2 of—
“(i) a folding or telescoping stock;
“(ii) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon;
“(iii) a bayonet mount;
“(iv) a flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash suppressor; and
“(v) a grenade launcher;

“(dd) (1) It shall be unlawful for any person to possess ammunition that is 0.50 caliber or greater.

“(2) (A) It shall be unlawful for any person to possess a large capacity ammunition feeding device.

Link: Text - H.R.127 - 117th Congress (2021-2022): Sabika Sheikh Firearm Licensing and Registration Act

"...ACCESS.—The Attorney General shall make the contents of the database accessible to all members of the public,"

Obviously completely out of her mind. Can't fathom the thought process on that one.

(II) undergoes a psychological evaluation conducted in accordance with paragraph (2), and the evaluation does not indicate that the individual is psychologically unsuited to possess a firearm; and
“(III) successfully completes a training course, certified by the Attorney General, in the use, safety, and storage of firearms, that includes at least 24 hours of training; and
“(iii) demonstrates that, on issuance of the license, the individual will have in effect an insurance policy issued under subsection (d).
FEE.—The fee specified in this paragraph is $800

And all this is different from a poll tax how?
I don't remember reading the other 9 of the BOR costing that much money. Does the first amendment have a physiological evaluation of one's tongue and writing hand?

It's for times like these when I wish the SCOTUS had a hunting license to review all bills passed for constitutionality, and if the bill fails SCOTUS review it is invalid AND CANNOT BE RE-PASSED.

A requirement for new insurance to be paid? Consider that proposition already accepted.

This makes me want to buy some 50 BMG not
That I have anything to shoot it with. But if they don’t want us to have it we should be buying it.

"...ACCESS.—The Attorney General shall make the contents of the database accessible to all members of the public,"

Obviously completely out of her mind. Can't fathom the thought process on that one.

(II) undergoes a psychological evaluation conducted in accordance with paragraph (2), and the evaluation does not indicate that the individual is psychologically unsuited to possess a firearm; and
FEE.—The fee specified in this paragraph is $800

And all this is different from a poll tax how?
I don't remember reading the other 9 of the BOR costing that much money. Does the first amendment have a physiological evaluation of one's tongue and writing hand?
That ladie is a CLOWN, have you seen her ugly mug with a cowboy hat on ? She’s an embarrassment to the black race, among many, she’s the dopiest !

It's for times like these when I wish the SCOTUS had a hunting license to review all bills passed for constitutionality, and if the bill fails SCOTUS review it is invalid AND CANNOT BE RE-PASSED.
This is a huge problem with the system and the reason why progressives always have an advantage. They can bring up the same things over and over again year after year, and even if they get 1% of what they want it's a win. That 1% is never coming back.

I hope Picton is correct, but I better waste a phone call on Seth Moulton tomorrow. Can any Marines out there explain Seth Moulton to me.

I do too. I don't get the sense that she's very well-liked down there. A lot of Swamp creatures don't care for members who loudly introduce splashy bills just so they can get headlines.

Good luck with Seth. LOL!

This makes me want to buy some 50 BMG not
That I have anything to shoot it with. But if they don’t want us to have it we should be buying it.
No... going about it wrong...
Invent a caliber .499 cartridge. And it says caliber. Does not say .50 or equivalent. Hello 12.7 mm rounds!

That pro-gun chick from CO should file similar worded bills that target speech, voting, etc.. basically all the shit the left supposedly defends, just to listen to their arguments as to why those are a bad idea and this bill is good.

She introduced the exact same bill in the summer of 2019. It died in committee, and I bet this one does too.
Yeah but the Democratic caucus keeps getting dumber and more deranged with each election cycle thanks to our corrupt media covering for candidates that in previous years would never made it to the ballot for being straight up morons, anti-Semites, members of communist groups, wife beaters, drug addicts, and or sexual predators.

I'm not a Marine.
But I've always suspected that the guy had political aspirations and joined for that purpose only.
I'm not a Marine either, and I got out of the service almost 20 years ago now. But there are a lot more liberals in the military than a lot of people think. They join for college money or just because they think they should, same as conservatives. None of the libs I knew in the service ever let it be a big deal; if you could hump your ruck, shoot straight, and do well on the drop zone, nobody in my unit really cared about much else.

It's probably different now. The polarization was just beginning in the late '90s.

She introduced the exact same bill in the summer of 2019. It died in committee, and I bet this one does too.
Don't forget they have the house,senate, and the acting faux president, And as proven SCOTUS refuses to have it before the court then they are mute .......
And the republicrates will be right behind them .......
And this is for the next 2 years.......
2 election cycles to find and replace the swamp republicans in the primaries

Don't forget they have the house,senate, and the acting faux president, And as proven SCOTUS refuses to have it before the court then they are mute .......
And the republicrates will be right behind them .......
And this is for the next 2 years.......
2 election cycles to find and replace the swamp republicans in the primaries

True.

But like I posted on another thread where this came up, weirdos file oddball extreme-o bills every session. Both sides of the aisle. No matter what party controls which branches, the Swamp doesn't like these sweeping bills and always shoots them down. I hope and expect this will go the same way.

is the $800.00 fee they mention the licensing fee?

Insurance, but paid to the Attorney General - oh - and it's due at each renewal - every year

“(d) Firearm Insurance.—
“(1) IN GENERAL.—The Attorney General shall issue to any person who has applied for a license pursuant to subsection (c) and has paid to the Attorney General the fee specified in paragraph (2) of this subsection a policy that insures the person against liability for losses and damages resulting from the use of any firearm by the person during the 1-year period that begins with the date the policy is issued.
“(2) FEE.—The fee specified in this paragraph is $800.”.

EDITED - to highlight the pertinent section and correct "one year or three years" to "every year"

Last edited:
Such a scheme, from a practical matter, would cost far more to establish and maintain its infrastructure than what it would return in actual benefits. Canada went that route with its long-gun registry. RCMP finally admitted that it did not help solve a single crime and its great expense could not continue to be justified. Canada's lawmakers scrapped the registry shortly thereafter.

Back
Top Bottom