HR 127; yeah - NO.

Such a scheme, from a practical matter, would cost far more to establish and maintain its infrastructure than what it would return in actual benefits. Canada went that route with its long-gun registry. RCMP finally admitted that it did not help solve a single crime and its great expense could not continue to be justified. Canada's lawmakers scrapped the registry shortly thereafter.

but here in Amerika, once the hacks have been hired and the politically connected have built an industry around gun insurance, it will not go away. Ever. Think - Mass Turnpike.

I hope Picton is correct, but I better waste a phone call on Seth Moulton tomorrow. Can any Marines out there explain Seth Moulton to me.

I’m a Marine...well, I was...or I wasn’t according to ‘others’ here...I digress.

...who the f*** is Seth Moulton and why should I know who (s)he is? (Don’t want to assume anyone’s proposed gender if they have anything to do with attempting to snuff out my second amendment).

1611942528132.jpeg

anywhoo...this guy kinda reminds me of Michael Moore on the fat face scale, but does a pretty good job at explaining the ins and outs or hot-key items in HR 127.

View: https://youtu.be/tuqYnRCeOyY

She introduced the exact same bill in the summer of 2019. It died in committee, and I bet this one does too.
Perhaps, but this congress is different as the donks control the house senate and the oval office. I've sent a few emails to the local pols but I don't know if it does any good as the critters that go to Washington seem less interested in the people back home. The fees, training, psych testing of the whole house hold and others and separate licensing requirements for "military style" weapons would certainly deter many people from getting into the shooting sports or even remaining in them.

Perhaps, but this congress is different as the donks control the house senate and the oval office. I've sent a few emails to the local pols but I don't know if it does any good as the critters that go to Washington seem less interested in the people back home. The fees, training, psych testing of the whole house hold and others and separate licensing requirements for "military style" weapons would certainly deter many people from getting into the shooting sports or even remaining in them.

All this is true.

It would also cause massive additions to the BATFE (presumably) and need buy-in from the medical community, which wants nothing to do with that kind of liability and would fight this tooth and nail.

All of which would certainly deter mainstream Swamp congresspeople from voting for this.

I'm thinking I need a lathe and mill as part of my Freedom21 program.

They'll be banning that next.

Remember back a few years ago when one of the Westford Selectman wanted to pass a town ordinance that banned "assault weapons" - within the town limits of Westford?

There was quite a bit of pushback there - a HUGE town meeting - etc.

I took a different tack - and noticed that quite a few people were posting on the Westford Patch in the comments section about the bill , with a few people in there that seemed to be rabid supporters of it - and I saw some indication that the town police were monitoring the comments.

So I decided to point out a few things:

1) The licensing structure in MA allows a person with a Class A LTC , to buy what YOU are classifying as an "assault weapon". So practically speaking - even if you go around town and gather up ALL of the rifles that are calling "assault weapons" , there is NOTHING preventing any license holder from just going out and buying another one. Furthermore - because of FEDERAL law - I can travel up to NH and buy a rifle there as well. And since there is NO requirement for a NH dealer to inform MA that a MA resident bought a rifle there (most of the shops near the border at least check to see that MA residents have a license in my experience) - there would be NO way for the town of Westford to know if somebody just went to NH and bought a rifle there - and failed to file the FA-10.

So - the point here is: the ONLY way you're going to remove all the avenues that people can get around your new rule , is to REVOKE any and all LTC licenses issued to Westford residents. That means any abused women in town who have an LTC because they want a pistol to protect themselves from abusive ex-husband , or any business owner that needs to protect himself or his business - is now shit out of luck. Pretty sure you're going to get multiple lawsuits out of that one. And maybe a dead abused ex-wife or two.

2) Transportation thru town. The ordinance prohibited transportation thru town. I KNOW FOR A FACT - that multiple tractor trailer trucks travel down Rte 495 on a regular basis - carrying the exact firearms you want to prohibit. Are Westford police going to patrol Rte 495 to prevent this? Are you going to go after people who pull of to use the gas stations and restaurants at the Westford exit - because they were traveling down Rte 495 and happened to be passing thru? That is what you're proposing.

3) Manufactured weapons. It seems the aim of this ordinance is to fully eliminate so-called "assault weapons" in the Town of Westford. Here's some advice on what you'll have to do - to REALLY enforce that. You'll have to search every single house in the town. Let me explain. It is perfectly feasible for somebody to build one of these weapons in a basement shop. I in fact know somebody who built an AK-47 FROM A GARDEN SHOVEL. If you are at familiar with the war in the Middle East - you would know that the Pakistani border is littered with gunsmith shops full of Pashtun tribesmen hammering out AK-47 parts in the dirt. So - if you TRULY intend on banning this class of firearms - you're also going to have to ban lathes, and mills, and drill presses and a whole assortment of other tools. Otherwise you will not only be leaving behind the means to produce these weapons - but you will actually be ENCOURAGING it - because you will have remove the previously legal means of doing so thru commerce.

4) Other weapons. Again - I know this FOR A FACT. Many wars - up to and including Desert Storm - has as part of their legacy soldiers bringing home war trophies. This was prevalent in WW2 and Korea, probably less so in Vietnam and Desert Storm , but it still happened. What does this mean? It means you will have to SEARCH EVERY HOME IN TOWN - to make sure there are weapons hidden away in walls, in attics or basement rafters - which may have been left there from veterans long since passed - or passed on to relatives , siblings, friends, or children. Again - I'm telling you flat out that I KNOW FOR A FACT that this has happened. I have friends that are in possesion of WW2 era military firearms - that were built with parts removed from factories during that era by people who worked there.

I'm not posting anything here I believe to be untrue. I'm telling the cold hard reality of what you'll have to do - if this bill is being undertaken with any degree of honesty. If you truly believe that removing these weapons will achieve some sort of safety against what you call gun violence - you MUST DO THESE THINGS. Otherwise this entire bill is a virtue signaling joke.

-------------------------------

Now I have no way to prove anything. But the whole thing quietly died down and went away. I am somewhat familiar with how "politics" really works. Which is why I posted all that shit.

I think what really needed to happen there - was that the police chief - or some critical number of officers needed to go "oh shit - we're phucked" - and Mr. AntiGun Bill got a good talking to behind the scenes and the whole thing went away.

Just my two cents.

Pretty sure that a similar thing needs to happen here. The politicians need to get a good talking to.

Maybe some National Guard armories need to get emptied out or something like that - just to make the point. But somebody needs to talk to Sheila Jackson Lee and tell her she's about to actually CAUSE that civil war she's so worried about.

She introduced the exact same bill in the summer of 2019. It died in committee, and I bet this one does too.

Could be - but hasn't Biden (or whoever has their puppet hand inserted in his ass) been making a big stink about a wave of gun control?

That Gamestop thing has inserted a new wrinkle into things I think. Find whoever is supporting bills like this - find out where their investments are - and target them.

They want war - give it to them. And war doesn't necessarily have to mean shooting at each other

Just sayin......................

Now I have no way to prove anything. But the whole thing quietly died down and went away. I am somewhat familiar with how "politics" really works. Which is why I posted all that shit.
Post Script:
The selectman who floated the idea is no longer on the board because of health reasons.
The town got sick of him and elected someone else instead.

Meh. She’s a rep, not a senator. If she couldn’t get this piece of sh*t out of committee in the HOUSE in 2019 when it was 232/197 for the Democrats, she won’t get it out this time either when the balance dropped to 221/211 (or, I fervently hope, the next, or the next until she’s voted out, retires or drops dead in office)

R

Four fewer

Such a scheme, from a practical matter, would cost far more to establish and maintain its infrastructure than what it would return in actual benefits. Canada went that route with its long-gun registry. RCMP finally admitted that it did not help solve a single crime and its great expense could not continue to be justified. Canada's lawmakers scrapped the registry shortly thereafter.

You keep talking logic.

I think it's been sufficiently proven at this point that logic and sanity are not what is ruling the day any more.

but here in Amerika, once the hacks have been hired and the politically connected have built an industry around gun insurance, it will not go away. Ever. Think - Mass Turnpike.

Look at how quickly Obamacare BS became embedded into the system.

Once the tick burrows itself in , it's not leaving willingly.

1612366216849.png

HR127. A firearm registration bill. A firearm ownership database. All the bad things we have all known for a long time they were going to try.

Lots of people are saying, i lost all mine in a boat accident. Or all mine were stolen last week.

But not Fred. The cops came to his door last week and said how many guns do you have Fred? He said 3, i have 3 guns. The cops took all three guns because they were all on their banned list.

Freds neighbor Nick says Fred, why didn't you hide your guns? Now you don't have any guns left!

Fred says not true, i gots lotsa guns left.

What do you mean? They took all your guns. You said you had 3 guns, they took away 3 guns.

No, I have 39 guns left. I lied to them.

Oh no, I'm perfectly sane and will pass every head shrink test there is. 🙃
D)
as part of the psychological evaluation, the licensed psychologist interviewed any spouse of the individual, any former spouse of the individual, and at least 2 other persons who are a member of the family of, or an associate of, the individual to further determine the state of the mental, emotional, and relational stability of the individual in relation to firearms.

I don't know anyone who has gone thru a divorce that would get past that

Last edited:
(b)
Large capacity ammunition feeding device defined

Section 921(a) of such title, as amended by section 1 of this Act, is amended by inserting after paragraph (30) the following:

(31)
The term large capacity ammunition feeding device means a magazine, belt, drum, feed strip, or similar device that has a capacity of, or that can be readily restored or converted to accept, more than 10 rounds of ammunition, but does not include an attached tubular device designed to accept, and capable of operating only with, .22 caliber rimfire ammunition.

I guess the prebans I bought will be illegal

Gonna add this here as well there are a few threads on this bill

make sure to write to your reps. i got this response from my rep here in ri

View attachment 454305

Anything before "BUT", or in this case "HOWEVER" is fully negated by what follows it.

Your rep wants an assault weapons ban, universal background checks, and a ban on standard capacity magazines.
He does NOT support the second amendment.

It's for times like these when I wish the SCOTUS had a hunting license to review all bills passed for constitutionality, and if the bill fails SCOTUS review it is invalid AND CANNOT BE RE-PASSED.
If we learned one thing in the recent election, it's that the courts won't uphold the Constitution or laws.

Anything before "BUT", or in this case "HOWEVER" is fully negated by what follows it.

Your rep wants an assault weapons ban, universal background checks, and a ban on standard capacity magazines.
He does NOT support the second amendment.
Well, I mean, come on. Can you blame the guy?

There are all those "extended gun clips" floating around out there, just waiting to do harm. Can't have that...

/s

Coming soon....................

Breaking news- Moonbat Press Association- 2/31/2021

Smith and Wesson 7 and 8 shot revolvers now considered "High Capacity" as it strays outside of the original 6 shot design.
All 7 and 8 shot moonclips will have to be registered as "High Capacity Feeding Devices"

Coming soon....................

Breaking news- Moonbat Press Association- 2/31/2021

Smith and Wesson 7 and 8 shot revolvers now considered "High Capacity" as it strays outside of the original 6 shot design.
All 7 and 8 shot moonclips will have to be registered as "High Capacity Feeding Devices"
Now you did it!

Write back and tell him you support the Constitution,
but you believe in Common-Sense Politician Control.

Close. Send a letter saying that you believe that voting is a vital part of our democracy and everyone should vote, but there should be safeguards and limitations. That is why you will only support a candidate who approves of measures to fortify our elections such as voter ID requirements, clear and human auditable ballots, verification of mail-in and absentee ballots, etc.

Anything they want to do to guns, we want done to voting. ID, background checks, restrictions for domestic violence, audit trails, etc.

No I don't think that those are all good ideas but it is time to use their methods against them. Big ask and call it common sense.

Back
Top Bottom