HR 127

What will hold it up is the Senate, specifically the Cloture vote (60 votes needed to end debate and move to a up or down vote). This is not a law, simply a senate rule, the same as cloture used to be required for judges and justices. The Democrats changed the rule as not needed on judges and justices in during 0bama, the GOP simply left it alone when they took over. Senate rules are changed by simple majority. 50 Dems + Harris would do it. Two Dems (Manchin and ???I forget???) said they wouldn't vote for it, but neither has ever said no to Schumer).

With all that - it's not like pissing of the voters matters anymore and the likes of Romney and others would vote with them Dems if they were offered something. It will pass if the Dems want it to, the GOP is just noise.

For me, I won't care, won't comply and will know I'm heading for a cell or a slab.

This is fluff from Sheilah Jackson. It's a regular thing for her. This is no more likely to pass now than it was in past attempts but she gets to go home and say to her nutball constituents, "Well, I tried." That's all. Nothing more.

Back
Top Bottom