• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

HRO closed for in store traffic starting 3/25

timbo

Navy Veteran
NES Member
I just got an email from HRO saying they will be closed for in store traffic starting 3/25 until sometime in the future. They will still be there filling online/mail orders, curbside pickup, etc. I'm kind of bummed because I was semi planning on going to HRO Salem Saturday to look at some new HF radios. I guess I won't be for a while.

I was there this past Saturday and they were asking people to call ahead with their order and someone would go outside to their car and hand it to them. They also only had a handful of people allowed inside the store at any given time, and there was a sign saying they would ask you to leave if they thought you were potentially ill.

For $100 purchased you get free shipping. That usually the day after tomorrow delivered for anyone in New England but add a day now. And who can but]y any radio stuff from HRO under $100?

I emailed ahead a couple of days and had one of my friends who works there put aside my TS590 and I would pay for it when I showed the following Saturday. I got there and called the store sales line, gave the sales guy my CC number and he brought my radio out in a couple of minutes...pretty painless really. They really are swamped...every sale is now effectively a phone or online order. My friend who works there said that the phones are non stop. He manages the on line sales and he is going bonkers.

Back
Top Bottom