HSC - Ipsc Rifle Match 10/27 - What to expect?

How kosher is it to change scopes or even rifles between the 60 and 300 yard stages?

Optics may not be changed. Tactical class may have an auxilary metallic sight in addition to one optic. The vast majority of Tactical shooters use a low power variable. The one exception is a 3x magnifier for use with an Aimpoint. The magnifier must remain attached to the rifle, but, may be pivoted out of the way, as it's designed.
Open class may have 2 optics and a bipod. Only open class can use a bipod.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, most knee braces restrict the circulation on me. That is a result of another recently diagnosed problem and a pretty bad MC accident when I was young.

As the weather gets golder, the knees get worse. Funny, but Hand warmers in the knee pocket of 511 pants make a big difference.

Gary,
Have you tried these? http://thermacare.com/products-knee-elbow.jsp
I tried the back wrap once, and it does last as long as it says. It did help the back that day too.

Gary,
Have you tried these? http://thermacare.com/products-knee-elbow.jsp
I tried the back wrap once, and it does last as long as it says. It did help the back that day too.

You been looking in my range bag?? I also use These and the hand warmers as well. I buy them buy the case. Remember, I am outside all winter so warm is a relative thing.

See you at the match.

Gary

How kosher is it to change scopes or even rifles between the 60 and 300 yard stages?

You have to use the same gun and sights throughout the match. I think you can add a bipod as needed if your class allows it.

Can someone elaborate on the difference between tactical and open class? Just trying to see where my iron fits in.

B

Can someone elaborate on the difference between tactical and open class? Just trying to see where my iron fits in.

B

Tactical allows no more than one optic, iron sights, no bi pod, no ports, a comp with 1" diameter 3" long as max size

Open can have more than one optic (scope and J Point are examples), a bi pod, ports and comps.

Standard division is same as Tactical but with no optic allowed.

See the USPSA web site 2004 rifle rules Appendix US D1, D2 & D3 for the proper and complete list.

Tactical allows no more than one optic, iron sights, no bi pod, no ports, a comp with 1" diameter 3" long as max size

Open can have more than one optic (scope and J Point are examples), a bi pod, ports and comps.

Standard division is same as Tactical but with no optic allowed.

See the USPSA web site 2004 rifle rules Appendix US D1, D2 & D3 for the proper and complete list.

Thanks. I went to the USPSA page and looked at the rule book. Your short version clears up any confusion.

B

With the ACog on it, it will be in tactical class. Iron sight,standard.
Come on and play!

Last edited:
One optic is find in Tactical class (comps have a max 1"x3" dimension or so - bascially, you can't use the JP Beer in Tactical), and you can't use a bipod either. Adding a second optic (for example, an ACOG with a JPoint or Doctor seconday optic) also takes you out of tactical into open.

Wow - tons of useful information - Can't wait

Similiar question - is there a benefit to shooting in one division over the other. I'm a newbie to this (shoot one other comp) - trying to decide if i should modify my current configuration - currently setup w/ Acog and Doctor - but if there is reason to shoot in the tactical versus the open - i can easily modify my setup.

One optic is find in Tactical class (comps have a max 1"x3" dimension or so - bascially, you can't use the JP Beer in Tactical), and you can't use a bipod either. Adding a second optic (for example, an ACOG with a JPoint or Doctor seconday optic) also takes you out of tactical into open.

Does this mean that you can have one optic and a set of iron sights in Tactical?

To Polkasrus,
Shoot the setup that you're familiar with.
BPM990d,
Tactical seems to have the largest following. Not only in the rifle only matches, but in the 3 gun / multigun matches also.
Gammon,
The iron / acog combo is tactical. Just leave off the bipod. Otherwise the bipod puts you in open class.

Just checked the forcast for tomorrow:

NORTHERN WORCESTER MA-
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...ATHOL...BOYLSTON...BROOKFIELD...
FITCHBURG...GARDNER...HARVARD
408 PM EDT FRI OCT 26 2007

SATURDAY
SHOWERS THROUGH EARLY AFTERNOON. SHOWERS LIKELY LATE.
PATCHY FOG IN THE MORNING. LOCALLY HEAVY RAINFALL POSSIBLE LATE.
HIGHS IN THE MID 60S. EAST WINDS 5 TO 10 MPH...BECOMING SOUTH 10 TO
15 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 30 MPH IN THE LATE MORNING AND AFTERNOON.
CHANCE OF RAIN NEAR 100 PERCENT.

The weather looks horrible for Saturday and Sunday appears to be perfect. Why not reschedule for Sunday?

Back
Top Bottom