• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

HSC - Ipsc Rifle Match 10/27 - What to expect?

IS THIS REALLY A JOKE???? IS THE MATCH REALLY ON A SATURDAY????? What the hell is up with that. I am working on Saturday and just assumed it was on Sunday. I went out and bought a ton of ammo and set my rifle up and have been looking forward to this for weeks. This really sux and there is no way I can get Saturday off because I switched my Sunday schedule for a Saturday because we have the Worcester home show. Who's brilliant idea was it to run a match on a Saturday???

ERRRRRRR this frigen sucks!!!

IS THIS REALLY A JOKE???? IS THE MATCH REALLY ON A SATURDAY????? What the hell is up with that. I am working on Saturday and just assumed it was on Sunday. I went out and bought a ton of ammo and set my rifle up and have been looking forward to this for weeks. This really sux and there is no way I can get Saturday off because I switched my Sunday schedule for a Saturday because we have the Worcester home show. Who's brilliant idea was it to run a match on a Saturday???

ERRRRRRR this frigen sucks!!!

You weren't paying attention again[wink]

It was scheduled for Saturday on the NE Section page. Sunday is USPSA New Bedford pistol. Shooting in the rain is part of the game and really doesn't take much of the fun out of it.

I can't make it due to family emergency stuff but I'll be back to shoot NB.

Well lucky me I'm at work now and you guys will be shooting in about an hour. I hope the match is a ton of fun. I should have paid more attention to it but seeing that I've never seen Saturday matches I just assumed it was on Sunday. OH well I guess I'll have to wait until next year. Have fun and the match and shoot an extra stage for me.

Pete

Don't worry Pete - if you sit on that ammo it's bound to go up in value. I couldn't make it today, but am looking forward to tomorrow at NB.

For me to go to New Bedford it's over 2 hours drive for me so I won't be going. I wish there were more rifle matches.

Well lucky me I'm at work now and you guys will be shooting in about an hour. I hope the match is a ton of fun. I should have paid more attention to it but seeing that I've never seen Saturday matches I just assumed it was on Sunday. OH well I guess I'll have to wait until next year. Have fun and the match and shoot an extra stage for me.

Pete

Don't feel too bad Pete I had to work too. The week just ran out before the work did.

As for the 2 hr drive to New Bedford, most matches I shoot are 2 hrs away and worth the trip every time. Hope to see you in New Bedford.

It was scheduled for Saturday on the NE Section page. Sunday is USPSA New Bedford pistol. Shooting in the rain is part of the game and really doesn't take much of the fun out of it.

I can't make it due to family emergency stuff but I'll be back to shoot NB.

Steve,
Some of us old timers have shot in the rain enough in years gone by. Right, Gammon?

Moto- Great shooting with you today. Hope you liked my filming. The rain wasnt too bad. I still had an awesome time. Sweet shooting 17 out of 20 on the 200 - 300 yd. stage. That was a tough one!

Moto- Great shooting with you today. Hope you liked my filming. The rain wasnt too bad. I still had an awesome time. Sweet shooting 17 out of 20 on the 200 - 300 yd. stage. That was a tough one!

What were the targets on this stage?

at 300 they were fullsize popper, at 200 they were 6" plates maybe 8"

you had 4 stations to shoot at. seated at a bench, prone on a platform, kneeling infront of a saw horse, and standing using a post for support

Many thanks to the organizers of this match it was good day to get your feet wet at a rifle match.

If you were squaded with Dan and Betsy let me know your email address and I can send you some video of the last two stages. I think I got just about everyone on these two stages.

DEJ

Yes. Your three gun match at Pelham comes to mind.

That was only one day of a 2 day match! We were young and enthusiastic back then!!!
Too bad the weather was lousy, Bat and Bwanna were going to shoot.

Last edited:
Mike,
How did the new blaster work? Is that the Millet scope on it?

The AR ran great. Still waiting on the Millet. I ran a Simmons 1.5-5x 20mm and a JP mounted with a Matt Burkett 45 degree Mount. The set up worked well, but not great. But I think with more practice and fine tuning It will work very well.

On a side note, Dan Grecoe was the main RO for my Squad. He stood in the rain all day, but didn't shoot. He had a smile on his face and kept one on ours. Thanks Dan[cheers]

Many thanks to the organizers of this match it was good day to get your feet wet at a rifle match.

If you were squaded with Dan and Betsy let me know your email address and I can send you some video of the last two stages. I think I got just about everyone on these two stages.

DEJ

I was on their squad. Can you PM me the link?
Thanks!

I've shot with Dan and Betsy and they're both great folks!

+1

I shot every match at Harvard with them this season and the Area 7 match up in VT. I really enjoy shooting with them. We always have a good time and some good laughs.

That was only one day of a 2 day match! We were young and enthusiastic back then!!!
Too bad the weather was lousy, Bat and Bwanna were going to shoot.

So was I. When I walked the dog (new Rottweiler Axel) at 7:30, it was raining hard enough that I thought the match would be cancelled. I still think it should have been rescheduler for Sunday. I know it would have conflicted with New Bedford, but this is an annual match, one chance per year.

I would appreciate it if someone could post the entire long range stage, complete with target sizes. I'd like to set it up myself.

I had added this to another post - but figured it deserved to be placed in the correction location -

Thanks to all of the Harvard Sportsmen folks for organizing the event and for providing a few rookies w/ some much needed guidance. Despite the weather, I couldn’t have asked for a better day. This is really a top notch group and I highly recommend their events!!

Kudos to everyone - (especially Brent and Frank for all of their patience).

-greg

I am headed to the range on Thurs and Fri. Would really appreciate a description of the long range portion of the Harvard match.

From Supermoto on the last page.

at 300 they were fullsize popper, at 200 they were 6" plates maybe 8"

you had 4 stations to shoot at. seated at a bench, prone on a platform, kneeling infront of a saw horse, and standing using a post for support

We had 5 targets. As mentioned, two 8 inch plates at 200 yards, and three full-size poppers at 300 yards. The four shooting positions included being seated at a bench, kneeling behind a sawhorse, standing behind a post, and prone on a platform. The competitor began behind a barrel was tasked with moving to each of the 4 positions and engaging each of the 5 targets for a possible total of 20 hits. There was a maximum allowable time of 120 seconds. The course was engaged in "Comstock" method (no maximum or minimum required number of shots).

The competitor was allowed to use the bench, sawhorse, and post as shooting aids, but was not required to use them. I hope this helps you with a set-up for a good day at the range.

Back
Top Bottom