Hunters Saftey Course

Anyone know of anyone in the northern worcester County that is holding any hunter safety courses?!

I contacted the page on mass.gov signing up to be on the waiting list to be informed. Just figured I'd ask...anxious to start hunting this year!!!...... hopefully

Yeah Texas is the way to go but you can also sign up for notifications on when Mass is having a class of the Mass Division of Fish and Wildlife site. I know they have a class coming up March 30th in WESTBOROUGH.

Anyone know of anyone in the northern worcester County that is holding any hunter safety courses?!

I contacted the page on mass.gov signing up to be on the waiting list to be informed. Just figured I'd ask...anxious to start hunting this year!!!...... hopefully
Just sign up for Texas online. Then you can Drink beer while you take the class.

Seriously. Just take the TX one. You'll be waiting forever for a mass one.

If you don't mind an online course, take the Texas Hunter's Ed here: NRA Hunters Education
Course is free, you just have to pay a nominal fee to Texas P&W for the certificate at the end.
Accepted in MA, as MA will accept any state's hunter's ed: "a government-issued Basic Hunter Education certificate (from any U.S. State, Mexico, or Canada)."
If you want an in-person class, good luck. I tried booking one last fall and it was booked out for 3-4 months
It's not just mass that accepts hunter Ed from any state. When the hunter Ed system was mandated federally it was written in the law that all states must reciprocate.

I say as though I've been out at all...
You know.....you reminded me that mass runs rabbit later than NH. Most of my hunting was in nh this year.....looking for something to do Saturday and since the lakes will be slush I'm in no mood to ice fish. Maybe I'll take the browning for a walk sat morning.

Good calls there on Turkey, Rabbits, etc...

BTW...if you're planning to hunt turkey, especially in April, get your safety stickers now as it may take a few weeks
Scroll down a little and you'll see the address. It's old-school mail a self-addressed & stamped envelope.
I think you can stop by MA F&W field offices and get them in-person, but that is of course, if the office(s) are even open

I don't know why the heck didn't I just copy/paste the address in the first place instead of making people follow a link?
Here you go:

>>
*If you're hunting turkey with a shotgun or muzzleloader, an official safety sticker must placed on the gun. The sticker must be visible when you are sighting down the barrel. For a new or replacement sticker, visit any MassWildlife office or send a self-addressed stamped envelope to:
MassWildlife
ATTN: Turkey safety sticker
1 Rabbit Hill Road
Westborough, MA 01581
<<

If you don't mind an online course, take the Texas Hunter's Ed here: NRA Hunters Education
Course is free, you just have to pay a nominal fee to Texas P&W for the certificate at the end.
Accepted in MA, as MA will accept any state's hunter's ed: "a government-issued Basic Hunter Education certificate (from any U.S. State, Mexico, or Canada)."
If you want an in-person class, good luck. I tried booking one last fall and it was booked out for 3-4 months

I know this is an old thread, but going through this you can do the NC class completely free through the NRA's portal.

Printable proof available right after the course and they'll mail you a paper card week or two later.

I lived in NC more than i lived in TX and one of my cells is still a 910 number, so the NC one was a no brainer. Residency isn't required though.

I don't even hunt, but figured I would check the block and start getting licenses just in case I get bored with the deer in the yard.

Back
Top Bottom