• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hunting on Cape Cod

Hey all. New to hunting in the area and I was wondering about turkey and deer hunting on the Cape.
I live in Brewster and have been trying my damnedest to find info online about where I can hunt.
I can't seem to find a definitive answer on Nickerson, I think I found out that Hawks Nest is available but you have to be 500' from parking lots and beaches.
Anyone have any helpful advise, locations, rules etc.
Thanks in advance.

I don't hunt Brewster at all, but is there some ridiculous bylaw out there that says you need permission to hunt anywhere in the town? That could be 100% false, I have no idea, but a guy I used to hunt with told me you need to contact the COP before you hunt anywhere within town limits.

I just checked Ham Slams bylaw guide sticky and looks like Brewster isn't listed. Maybe once / if you get it, you could post an update there?

Thanks guys. I'll look into the whole Brewster hunting thing and get back to you.
Ok, so I have an Idea where I can't go. Anyone know where I can?

Sandwich has a couple of spots. Shawnee Crowell and I think some part of Sandy Nexk. Fairly certain the town conservation land is generally open for hunting, but not 100% sure. Google the towns natural resource commission / conservation commission (or check Ham Slam's sticky in the hunting and fishing forum) to see the regs.

I don't hunt Brewster at all, but is there some ridiculous bylaw out there that says you need permission to hunt anywhere in the town? That could be 100% false, I have no idea, but a guy I used to hunt with told me you need to contact the COP before you hunt anywhere within town limits.

When I worked in Brewster there was a hunting by-law. You needed written permission to hunt on any land in Brewster. The permit sold at the P.D. was the permission to hunt on certain town owned land. They had a map.

My memory sucks so check at the P.D. as I posted in my original. That will give you the answer you need rather than speculation by me or anyone else.

Back
Top Bottom