• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hunting with suppressors in NH is legal as of 6/10/2016

Furthering the iterative improvement in New Hampshire laws, silencers legal for hunting in NH:
ASA said:
suppressor hunting is now legal in the Granite State! On June 10, 2016, Gov. Maggie Hassan signed Rep. John Burt’s (R-Hillsborough)HB 500 into law, making New Hampshire the 40th state to legalize suppressor hunting.

. . .

The following are repealed:
I. RSA 207:4, relative to the prohibition on the use of silencing devices for taking wildlife.
II. RSA 207:46, II, relative to the penalty for a violation of RSA 207:4.​
4 Effective Date. This act shall take effect upon its passage.
No updates on the governor's website, everybody I can find online is just quoting the ASA website.

Last edited:
Thinking of using a suppressor for deer season this fall. Has anyone else started using them since the bill passed? Any good/bad experiences?

New Hampshire doesn't care about all that FED paperwork, but won't have your back if you skip over the FED paperwork and BATFE goes all Ruby Ridge on you.

Got my 22lr and 300 cans from SO (fully great experience - excellent folks). Took 5mo & 7mo, respectively, even though purchased a week apart - different ATF reviewers. Jim sez "look for you on the range" and I sez "but you won't hear me." Good line to use once.

So I'm checking out my Q Erector 22lr can on my Mark IV 22/45 tactical, shooting at the squirrel guard on our bird feeder, where I usually plink my airsoft Glock 17 (used to chase off bears, 'coons and Fisher-cats) and my wife sez WTF - it's full of holes! Oh yeah, putting holes in 18g steel at 15yd with subsonic 22lr ammo. I was outed... But you don't hear the gun firing - just the target being hit. I put some sound dampening sheets on a 22lr bullet trap and it's like I was a deaf guy shooting. Yeah, I can't hear my wife but other stuff I hear loud and clear. Go figure...

I'll run the Silencerco Omega 300 with subsonic 300BO from my Tavor X95 on a tree. "Must be those voracious wood-bees coming up from Texas, Hon..."

Back
Top Bottom