• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hyannis gun shop???

ackar

NES Member
This afternoon I heard an ad. on WXTK for what sounded like a gun shop on Barnstable Rd. in Hyannis. Don't know anything about it and not a name I had heard before. Of course I can not remember the name. Anyone have any info? No it was not the Powderhorn.

I wouldn't go over the bridges this weekend if they were giving stuff away free. No clue other than powderhorn.

Last edited:
Yes I think Capegunworks was the name. Thanks guys. No problem with the bridges RHJJ I would be coming from the other direction and no way would I go to the cape this weekend. It is busy enough here! After the storm gets out of here I hope to avoid the crowds by heading out in the boat.

I'll be interested to check out the new store next time I am over that way and hope to check out ODS too.

Yes I think Capegunworks was the name. Thanks guys. No problem with the bridges RHJJ I would be coming from the other direction and no way would I go to the cape this weekend. It is busy enough here! After the storm gets out of here I hope to avoid the crowds by heading out in the boat.

I'll be interested to check out the new store next time I am over that way and hope to check out ODS too.

[thumbsup]

Thanks for the link, I searched but only the facebook stuff came up. Went to their map link and know right where they are now. Go right by there. How does their store, inventory etc. look Kurtz? Nice to have another shop in the area.

Last edited:
Yea I was in Hyannis last week, it's on the opposiite side of the road as the Powderhorn, little closer to the rotary iirc. Looking at the guys website he's got big d\eeams of making the place a full service shop/indoor range etc etc. I hope he succeeds.

Thank you all for the positive response! We are a type 7 FFL SOT manufacturer. We stock a wide variety of high quality rifles, (Barrett, Larue, Colt) handguns, and accessories. We also manufacture our own ammunition in house. All of us here just took a 2 day Combat Focus Shooting class and shot well over 8,000 rounds of ammunition with 0 failures. We employ a trained ballistician that has many, many years of reloading experience. We offer training for the novice shooter to the experienced gun handler. We will also be offering an AR-15 building class where you come in and learn how to properly build and assemble the rifle and get to leave with your own gun. We will also be offering reloading classes as well in the future.
Phase 2 for us will be building a state of the art indoor public range. We are very excited and hope all of you on NES are as well.
We are located at 145 Barnstable Road and open 7 days a week.

I stopped by the other day. Nice clean shop and nice friendly people. I certainly hope that everything works out on the indoor range thing, we all know how difficult stuff like that can be in MA, nevermind on Cape.

First visit to Cape Gun Works today. Located in what used to be the bank right next to Supercuts at 135 Barnstable Road.
Friendly and welcoming staff. Very helpful and gave me some great advise on getting started. They are planning various levels of shooting classes and instruction in the near future. Looks like they have a good stock and selection of ammo on the shelves. A good assortment of handguns and long guns with more on the way.

I went into cape gun works today and I was thoroughly impressed with the kind and knowledgable staff. Everyone was very friendly. I had a set of truglo tfos installed on my glock 21 and they did a phenomenal job on them. Can't wait to get it out and test them out. Also ammo prices were the best I've seen in a long time. I highly recommend them

I cant wait to stop in the new shop , went by it today but was too busy to stop in . When I get back from Indy I have to stop in

Stopped in with my son after lunch today to check it out - nice looking shop, prices looked good, shelves and shelves full of ammo. Lot of higher grade parts than I'm used to seeing in stock at gun shops - no UTG, Leapers, China knockoff shit, but lots of Sig (they have the SB15 in pink, if anyone's looking), Magpul, BCM...

Staff was very friendly, seemed to really know their stuff. I'm no gun shop expert, but I'd bet on this place never appearing in the 'weird things heard at the gun shop' thread.

I won't be going there as I'm more than delighted with the place I go to now. I will say that in my opinion the radio ad claiming they can train their competition is a tad obnoxious.

Well training their competition could mean all sorts of things.

Now if training meant customer service and competition meant the guys down the street, then yes, I could see that. One of these week days I'll make the hour plus drive and stop in to check it out and while in the area I'll pop into the place in Yarmouth, another shop that understands what CS is.

Their ad does not say they can train their competition. It states that they can offer you training weather you are a novice shooter or a COMPETITION shooter. Big difference.

Stopped by ODS Guns in Yarmouth last year on vacay, bought a Shield, very nice guys, very nice store.

Stopped in CCGW last month on vacay, bought a ton of ammo, very nice guys, very nice store.

I'll probably patronize CCGW more in the future only because its closer to the vacay house. Although stopping by ODS to escape traffic for a while isn't out of the question.

Their ad does not say they can train their competition. It states that they can offer you training weather you are a novice shooter or a COMPETITION shooter. Big difference.

Thanks for clarifying that. I haven't heard the ad. Glad to hear they're not acting like cocky douches!

Back
Top Bottom