I am announcing the passing of someone on this forum.

?

Nodak said:
For you New Englanders I’d recommend South Dakota.North Dakota you will find to be too barren and the eastern third too flat. Winters with the wind added in are very harsh and the major cities such as Fargo; Grand Forks and Bismarck are little more than retail shopping centers. Bismarck does have more outdoors recreational activity and is on average 20 degrees warmer than Fargo during Winter. South Dakota on the other hand has Sioux Falls and Rapid City. Sioux Falls is more self contained than Fargo and is more conservative by far. Rapid City and the Black Hills are much milder in winter by about 40 degrees. Why do you suppose they fought so hard to keep it? Excepting 1862 the Indians did not get too antsy about North Dakota. The Black Hills area after Labor Day is deserted and there are many small towns throughout the region. The price of real estate is reasonable and the town of Belle Fouche is a real sleeper. Unfortunately the prevailing wage is minimum wage and no, you will not be working in non existent oil fields. You’ll have to head well up into North Dakota for that and the petroleum infrastructure was completed years ago. Of course in North Dakota’s favour I might point out that Custer was pretty healthy before he left.

My deepest condolences. May your Dad rest in peace, and I hope sharing with this community that he enjoyed brings you a little peace as well. Prayers for your father, your family, and you.

Back
Top Bottom