I am announcing the passing of someone on this forum.

If you have his computer or phone, you can open a browser and go to the NES log in page, his user name and password might be password saved or there may be a cookie that will ID his user name.
We have his phone, but it is locked & password protected. No one knew the password. We found a list of random passwords in his wallet, but none of them opened his phone.

We have his phone, but it is locked & password protected. No one knew the password. We found a list of random passwords in his wallet, but none of them opened his phone.
Sounds to me from what you've said that Nodak is his username, did he frequent Mandan Sporting Goods? he's posted about them a few times times.

Sorry for your loss, your dad was a good dude, contributed on here quite a bit, he will be missed.

Last edited:
So very sorry to hear of your dad's passing and thank you for reaching out to us to let us know. I have learned through this that I will give my wife my passwords for the few forums I belong to just in case she needs to do what you have had to do. I have nothing to hide...there are no secrets between her and I.

You're a great daughter.

May God bless your family

Last edited:
@kswiebe35,

We here at Northeast Shooters take the loss of a Member very seriously, and as a family we thank you for reaching out to Us.
Please know that all of us send you and your family Our support and prayers in these tough times.

Also know this, We put our Veterans first in Our hearts and your father raised a wonderful American Daughter. We should all be so lucky, and so loved.
~Enbloc

@kswiebe35,

We here at Northeast Shooters take the loss of a Member very seriously, and as a family we thank you for reaching out to Us.
Please know that all of us send you and your family Our support and prayers in these tough times.

Also know this, We put our Veterans first in Our hearts and your father raised a wonderful American Daughter. We should all be so lucky, and so loved.
~Enbloc

+1 this. Couldn’t have said it any better myself. My condolences to you and your family on the passing of your dad.

Last edited:
Just an idea, but perhaps if you take the phone to a (company-owned) store for the cell provider, they might be able to bypass or reset the password to provide access. They will likely want to see an obituary or death certificate as proof. Good luck, it is worth a try.

Just an idea, but perhaps if you take the phone to a (company-owned) store for the cell provider, they might be able to bypass or reset the password to provide access. They will likely want to see an obituary or death certificate as proof. Good luck, it is worth a try.
Apple used to require a court order including specific documents including the death certificate., proof that you are lawfully a
personal representative/executor or heir, family, etc. I don’t know if this policy has changed. The apple access is an encrypted passcode lock. Apple said they cannot remove/reset the passcode without erasing the content on the device. This was told to me about 6 years by apple support, maybe there’s a work around now. 🤷‍♀️ (You would also need to know the Apple ID)
I know nothing regarding other devices.

Back
Top Bottom