I am helping a friend research a huge firearm collection. Any advice?

roccoracer

NES Member
I am helping a friend research a collection that was inherited from their parents. It's a huge collection of about 100 firearms.
I have been out of the milsurp game for a while and lost track of the values.
There are also many old Winchesters and Brownings etc.
I have not seen them yet but have a good amount of info.
Here are some of the milsurps to start.

CE41 K98k has sight and muzzle guards matching.
BYF43 K98K matching no sling.
CE44 98 (1941) mountain carbine
G33 40 (1942) mountain carbine
AC44 P38 matching Eagle 359
BYF43 P38 matching Eagle 135
P08 from 1942
Walther PP (WW2)

Local shop like Pack and Postal in Lancaster. They will price it out and make an offer. Family can take entire package or piece meal it out.
Good way to find out if you have run of the mill milsurp or something special.

Last edited:
Yes, to an extent.
So am I, but I wasn't ready for my Dad's First Cousin's collection. It's been 9 years and it wasn't just firearms, Militaria, Railroadiana, Radios, Typewriters etc.
My parents basement and one garage bay are still full of stuff and they have two 20' steel containers in the yard, it used to be four. There were 987 Firearms.
I had the Armory in Woburn sell them off, some out of the shop but most were on gun broker.

So am I, but I wasn't ready for my Dad's First Cousin's collection. It's been 9 years and it wasn't just firearms, Militaria, Railroadiana, Radios, Typewriters etc.
My parents basement and one garage bay are still full of stuff and they have two 20' steel containers in the yard, it used to be four. There were 987 Firearms.
I had the Armory in Woburn sell them off, some out of the shop but most were on gun broker.
WOW. That is a ton of stuff.

WOW. That is a ton of stuff.
It took a while for the courts to grant my Dad control of the estate as there was no Will. We filled 9 Public Storage Units in Danvers. We had (2) 10'x30', (5) 10'x20', (1) 10'x15' & a Climate Controlled 10'x10'. All Firearms and Ammo went to a Bonded Warehouse. We also filled a 30 Yard Dumpster five times.

Noah's Motors in Saugus is the place for you

Back
Top Bottom