I bought a Century CETME, laugh it up

So I ended up with a busted CETME. I've done all the standard things to get it to function. +2, +4 rollers, new bolt, new spring, new locking piece, etc...

Still no good.

Anybody know of a shop in NH that's willing to repress a barrel?

Anybody have nay ideas of what else I could do with it short of tossing it into a lake?

Without knowing the issue we can't make a recommendation to help, but there are builders who can get it up and running for you. Let us know and hopefully we can help. I have a CETME that runs great, but I know the frustration when you've got something that doesn't run right. The lake is often a tempting option...

There is no space between the bolt and the bolt carrier when cocked and then fired so when I go to cock it again or when the fired round goes to cycle the action there isnt enough room for the rollers to rock out of the indents and free the bolt.

It's like the energy hits a wall and stops rather than hitting a switch and cycling as it should.

Common remedies for this are replacing a worn bolt, bolt carrier and locking piece. All of which I did. A less common remedy is to install larger rollers into the bolt so it doest seat so far into the indents which I did with progressively larger rollers until I couldnt find any bigger rollers.

Neither of these things worked.

I also greased the hell out of the working parts hoping that if it at least didnt make things move smoother it would fill in some of the roller indents to keep the bolt from locking so solidly but it didnt work.

My remaining options from what I can tell are sandblasting the inside of the gun and refinishing it and torching off the barrel and trunnion and use a hydrolic press to seat the barrel further into the trunnion then reweld the whole thing back on.

What I'm left with are pretty extreme options and I cant do either one at home. Maybe I can rig something for the refinishing but there's no way I can press the barrel.

That's about the gist of where I'm at with this thing.

There is no space between the bolt and the bolt carrier when cocked and then fired so when I go to cock it again or when the fired round goes to cycle the action there isnt enough room for the rollers to rock out of the indents and free the bolt.

It's like the energy hits a wall and stops rather than hitting a switch and cycling as it should.

Common remedies for this are replacing a worn bolt, bolt carrier and locking piece. All of which I did. A less common remedy is to install larger rollers into the bolt so it doest seat so far into the indents which I did with progressively larger rollers until I couldnt find any bigger rollers.

Neither of these things worked.

I also greased the hell out of the working parts hoping that if it at least didnt make things move smoother it would fill in some of the roller indents to keep the bolt from locking so solidly but it didnt work.

My remaining options from what I can tell are sandblasting the inside of the gun and refinishing it and torching off the barrel and trunnion and use a hydrolic press to seat the barrel further into the trunnion then reweld the whole thing back on.

What I'm left with are pretty extreme options and I cant do either one at home. Maybe I can rig something for the refinishing but there's no way I can press the barrel.

That's about the gist of where I'm at with this thing.

So I'm wondering if there's any good lakes around you?

Sounds just awful....If you're still interested in one, buy it and use this for whatever parts are functional....

Back
Top Bottom