• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I guess I'm a gun dealer

I just got my 01FFL in Suffield CT and am trying to open a very small shop part time (as I have a full time job to pay my bills). I'm trying to build it up over time so that some day I can quite my full time job and support myself (someday way down the road). I'm still waiting on an alarm and phone service but that is coming soon.
I'm mostly going to try to sell over the internet, like on Gunbroker but I've gotten all the nessesary permits from the state so that I can do NICS checks. I'm set up with a couple of distributer so that I can get new stuff. So if people want to do transfers I can do that, or if the want a new gun I can give them a price on it.
I have a small inventory of guns right at the moment (mostly C&R stuff but a few newer things), if anyone want I can e-mail them with what I have. I'm new to this so bear with me if I don't know how to do everything all at ones, I'm still learning.
I've done alot of reading on diffrent chat borads as to what people want in a gun store. I'm going to try to be the gun store that everyone want to go back to because they got a good deal.
Right now I mostly going to sell used guns that I have bought and order new stuff for people that want it. Right now I don't have set hours to be open, the best way to contact me would be by cell phone or e-mail. My e-mail address is [email protected] and if anyone wants my phone # e-mail me and I will give it to you.
So I just thought that I would let everyone know that I'm out there.

Welcome to Northeast Shooters! Unfortunately I am in Occupied Massachusetts so I will not be able to buy any firearms from you but if you get any good accessories I might.

Fprice thanks for the welcome, I to live in the not so fine state of MA so I know what you mean. If you have a C&R you can buy gun from me or know a dealer in MA to do transfers you can also.

Welcome Kingson and good luck with the business.

We have a Dealer Forum here. Please just read the rules and feel free to use it. At this point it is a free service to any 01 FFL (and our members looking for deals [wink] ).

Folks should just be aware that buying FTF from a CT 01 FFL requires a 2 week waiting period unless you have a CT CCW. I think that I was told this was true even for C&Rs, am I right Kingson?

Buying C&Rs once you have your C&R FFL can be done by shipping direct to you, no waiting period and no need of a CT CCW.

I know that there is a two week waiting period on long gun unless you have a pistol permit then after you pass the NICS Check you can take it right there. You can't buy a pistol with out a pistol permit. I'm going to call the CT Special Licenses and firearms before I make my first transfer, so that I can find out how to do it correctly. The last thing I wan't to do is do it wrong. C&R guns transfer like any other gun unless you have aC&R lic. But I'm going to have to check to see if a person without a CT pistol permit will have to wait two weeks. It's so much fun trying to navigate though all these laws. I just want to get it right the first time. ( I hope I do)

kingson said:
Fprice thanks for the welcome, I to live in the not so fine state of MA so I know what you mean. If you have a C&R you can buy gun from me or know a dealer in MA to do transfers you can also.
Welcome kingson....
Whatcha got for C&R's for sale?
Jon

Back
Top Bottom