i hate glocks

I was "one of them" in 2004. I swore I would never buy one. So much for that. When I finally got my first G19, I felt like a moron- because I hadn't bought one several years earlier. If I knew then what I know now, I would have saved a lot of money.

-Mike

I never got the Glock hate thing... Guess haters gonna hate :beer:

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

file.php

I was "one of them" in 2004. I swore I would never buy one. So much for that. When I finally got my first G19, I felt like a moron- because I hadn't bought one several years earlier. If I knew then what I know now, I would have saved a lot of money.

-Mike

Same. I hated Glocks for many, many years. Now I swear by them. I'm still ambivalent about them, but like dcmdon says, it's an incredibly reliable, durable piece of equipment, and you do yourself no favors by avoiding them as a matter of personal taste or bias.

Lesson learned.

They are solid and I like them generally. Easy to work on, few parts, real easy to clean. They need trigger work but there are many options out there and they are so easy to work on.

I don't understand "hating" any firearm.

Especially one that's proven tough and reliable.

The the cheap pieces of dirty that you have to fear blowing up in your hand every time you pull the trigger or jam at least once per magazine - those you can hate, but why hate something that does its job and does it well?

Great video, and as it predicted all the glock guys are butt hurt over it.

FWIW I don't care if anyone hates the platform, no skin off my back. I know it doesn't work for some people. That is why they make different guns, and that is why there is an ever expanding market in the realm of polymer framed pistols. Guns like the M&P and the XD wouldn't be selling as good as they are if there was not a need/demand in the market for something different.

-Mike

I've never understood what's wrong with the grip angle. Can someone explain that to me? As far as the slide being too slippery and hard to rack... huh?

I am moderately butthurt by this.

Glock marketed his guns to Rap star, video gamers and cops. The 3 worst shooters around. Knowing this, he had to design the grip so the front sight would point high, counter the natural flinch of his target market. Pure genius

I am sure that vid was done in sarcasm but if your little girl hands couldn't rack the slide maybe you should stick with revolvers

I never told my 5'1" tall wife (with similarly small hands) that she wasn't supposed to be able to my 34. I just handed it to her. She did fine.

Of course, since she shot my Les Baer with the .22 kit, thats all she wants to shoot. I've got a Dan Wesson Pointman 9 on order "for her".

For me its all in what you are gonna use it for. I carry a glock 30 because of its reliability and simplicity. Point and pull. I have no idea how I would react in a self defense situation and would hate to fumble my safety on a 1911 or otherwise and wind up in monday's obituaries. If im going to the range, IMO you cant beat a nice 1911

I don't know about any of you; but, if I wondered into a gun battle and all I had was a pistol, any pistol, I would probably look like the guy at 3:14.
Hand guns are for fighting your way to a rifle!

Back
Top Bottom