• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

i hate glocks

I never understood the Glock haters. My only complaint with Glocks are the angle of the handles. They are a little steep, but if you are used to it, it's no problem. They are fairly inexpensive (outside MA) and very accurate and reliable in my experience. Why the hate?

I am with the guy that made the vid. I hate Glocks, but I recognize how great they are. I was really surprised he didn't mention the trigger.

I have to admit that one of the reasons I hate em so much is that they are so ugly. One of the reasons I like guns is I appreciate the mechanical art of a fine firearm.

I am a giver. If I have to shoot someone, I will at least show them the respect of shooting them with a well maintained, beautiful handgun. The last thought that will go through his head is... "Wow, look at the bluing on that barrel! I can see myself in it!" or "Hey, is that a Kimber?"

I am kidding of course

Glock marketed his guns to Rap star, video gamers and cops. The 3 worst shooters around. Knowing this, he had to design the grip so the front sight would point high, counter the natural flinch of his target market. Pure genius

That might be the problem... try carrying them in a holster

Flawless victory!

I don't hate any particular firearm, i tend to gravitate towards the simple for defense and the more complex for fun. It KILLS me that i can not find a glock that feels good in my hand, but as much as i want to like them i just can't. I carry a revolver during the week and a 1911 on the weekends. I would carry the 1911 all week but i can't conceal it all week.

For me its all in what you are gonna use it for. I carry a glock 30 because of its reliability and simplicity. Point and pull. I have no idea how I would react in a self defense situation and would hate to fumble my safety on a 1911 or otherwise and wind up in monday's obituaries. If im going to the range, IMO you cant beat a nice 1911

Yes, there are no other DAO guns without manual safeties. Glock has a corner on that market. And hey, practicing with your carry gun is cheating amiright?

I am with the guy that made the vid.

Hey man, that's cool. No judgement.

Last edited:
I never understood the Glock haters. My only complaint with Glocks are the angle of the handles. They are a little steep, but if you are used to it, it's no problem.

Think those are awkward, try a Ruby:

300px-Ruby_M1914_1626.jpg

Glock marketed his guns to Rap star, video gamers and cops. The 3 worst shooters around. Knowing this, he had to design the grip so the front sight would point high, counter the natural flinch of his target market. Pure genius

Quite possibly the greatest post ever on the internets.

I did get a laugh out of the guy getting his finger stuck in the ejection port, and the austrian ghillie suit guy.

-Mike

I just finished "Glock - The Rise of America's Gun" and after reading it, I have newfound respect for Glocks. Some of the shit they pulled off, from a business perspective, was absolutely brilliant. Further, Glock wouldn't exist like they do if S&W hadn't screwed the pooch years ago.

I did get a laugh out of the guy getting his finger stuck in the ejection port, and the austrian ghillie suit guy.

-Mike

No... the best part was when he drew his gun on the bad guy and was aiming at the ceiling... that was funny!

Yes, there are no other DAO guns without manual safeties. Glock has a corner on that market.

You sure about that ????

2883361457_9daa27d462.jpg

Like the Glock, these are also striker fired with no external manual safety, nor does it have an external slide release to fumble with.
Plus the striker decocks when you release your grip, and the barrel does not tilt in and out of lockup with the slide.

Zappa said:
You sure about that ????

Like the Glock, these are also striker fired with no external manual safety, nor does it have an external slide release to fumble with.
Plus the striker decocks when you release your grip, and the barrel does not tilt in and out of lockup with the slide.

No, that is unpossible. Handguns didn't even exist before Gaston Glock.

You sure about that ????

2883361457_9daa27d462.jpg

I think you missed his obvious sarcasm. [laugh] There are quite literally a few dozen different guns on the market that meet the criteria of "light DAO" or "true DAO. There's the M&P, XD, Walther P99, etc, etc, etc.... ad nauseam )

Further, the P7M8 isn't really DAO, at all. It's actually more of a single action, in the respect that when you bring it up on target, by that point the act of gripping the gun has now cocked the striker, and the striker is fully cocked. Every shot from a P7M8 is also fired single action. (or at least, it's supposed to be. )

-Mike

Further, the P7M8 isn't really DAO, at all. It's actually more of a single action, in the respect that when you bring it up on target, by that point the act of gripping the gun has now cocked the striker, and the striker is fully cocked. Every shot from a P7M8 is also fired single action. (or at least, it's supposed to be. )

-Mike

What kind of action is it called if you can also aim it with the trigger pulled back and fire off shots by squeezing the cocker? [smile]

Back
Top Bottom