I Hate Holsters, so I bought this ...

I tried a "holster" like that (the VG2?), but it didn't keep the grip in a constant position for a consistent draw.
Also, the trigger guard cover needs to be removed from the pants to safely re-attach it to the gun.
To me, that makes it too time consuming for training classes and informal shooting sessions.

All of this is spot on

I used to wear fitted jeans too when I was ghey. The only holster I that would work was one of those deep conceal holsters that go in your crotch. It literally looked like I had a solid boner everywhere I went in the city. Driving was a PITA too.
You'll have to find jeans that are "loose fitted", or maybe same pants but slightly bigger. That way, you can do AIWB with a loose fitted shirt also.
Not fitted jeans, those are g@y.
Shirts that fit right, bro.

The reason for looking at a new holster is because I want to stop carrying at 6.

Appendix, I dont know how I feel about. It still seems weird to have a gun pointed directly at my leg or junk or both. I get it, it is not like the gun will go off on itself and if I pay attention holstering I should be fine ... it just doesn't feel right to me.

My attempts at humor went right over your head. There were no holsters in either of those pictures and they were suppose to be ghetto. You know stuff the piece down your pants and be done with it. I failed in my mission to get a reaction out of you. [sad]

That holster will flop all over the place (due to single belt attachment point) and not protect the slide at all. Those can be painful with reholstering as skin tends to get caught. If you’re in the market for AIWB holsters there are far superior options. JMCK, Keepers, Darkstargear, Tier1 are a few.

ive lately been experimenting with the CZ P07 + TLR-7 in a JMCK AIWB and am happy so far. slightly smaller than my usual M9A1 setup and I’m enthusiastic about the tactical vomit color.

862959F5-0DFC-4E67-B96C-B9765FC2B17D.jpeg

Last edited:
My attempts at humor went right over your head. There were no holsters in either of those pictures and they were suppose to be ghetto. You know stuff the piece down your pants and be done with it. I failed in my mission to get a reaction out of you. [sad]
I laughed but apparently for a diff reason. lol I thought it was a Glock v Sig jab because the Glock was pointing down his ass crack (safe) and the Sig was up front with the junk.
As in Don’t point the Glock at the c**k.

I wouldn’t wear that thing. Too open. You gotta protect the ejection port from debri/lint/etc and also the front sight from damage.

Any oil on the pistol would also rub off onto your clothes and may attract more lint onto itself (the gun).

I won't carry leather, I dont want a holster that collapses.
Did any of you guys who make this statement ever see or wear a Milt Sparks holster??? IMO, the most comfortable IWB holster (VM II) out there. Reinforced muzzle throat that DOESN’T collapse! I feel like I’m carrying around a chunk of plastic when I wear a kydex holster - JMHO for what it’s worth….

The reason for looking at a new holster is because I want to stop carrying at 6.

Appendix, I dont know how I feel about. It still seems weird to have a gun pointed directly at my leg or junk or both. I get it, it is not like the gun will go off on itself and if I pay attention holstering I should be fine ... it just doesn't feel right to me.
Took me a while to get used to AIWB, even bought a SA/DA specifically for that until I went AIWB w/ my 365. Won't carry any other way now, it's so comfortable & concealable. I put it on w/ the gun in the holster. If I ever need to reholster I'll take the holster off and put the gun in and strap it back on.

I'm partial to Vedder Light Tuck for IWB Kydex. I returned my Crossbreeds, don't like leather on one side w/ only half Kydex on the other.

I prefer Remora holsters myself. Very comfortable, no bulk, and the shape helps break up the profile of the pistol so it doesn‘t print. Doesn’t need a clip because the texture helps grip the holster in between materials.

Is this going to be sh*t?

I will return a Cross Breed holster. Too uncomfortable.

I used to be a fan of Comp Tac, but they seem too thick.

The problem is, I am in shape (I would say it is a first world problem, but I think that is more of a third world problem) and wear clothes that fit, so every damn holster feels too uncomfortable and prints way too much. Yes, I know "only f@gs and FUDDS care about printing" ... this is not like cellphone printing, I am talking about the gun looking like I have a boner sticking out the side of my body. Excessive printing.

I found some reviews and a couple of videos on YouTube, so I ordered it to check it out.

But ... I would like to know your opinions.

The other option was a HAWG holster. They are not a big name, but they seem to have a nice clip thsr clips to the pants rather than the belt. I wasn't too convinced on clipping to the pants, even though I wear pants that fit.

View attachment 569546

Lay off the skinny Jeans?

I've been using a CompTac IWB Spartan for the last 5 or so years. Looking for somthing different myself.
I used CompTac for like 7 or 8 years. The quality is great, but they could use a little less kydex and make them thinner.

For most fat and out of shape people, CompTac should work fine.

Micro9 or 380 in a pocket holster? I went this route with a desantis nemesis holster and love it. Looks like a chunky cell phone in my pocket and way more comfortable than on the waist IMO. Only issue is re-holstering, kind of need to take the holster back out of the pocket to be safe.

Micro9 or 380 in a pocket holster? I went this route with a desantis nemesis holster and love it. Looks like a chunky cell phone in my pocket and way more comfortable than on the waist IMO. Only issue is re-holstering, kind of need to take the holster back out of the pocket to be safe.
Pocket carry is impossible.

1. I will not carry a .380.
2. Right pocket is taken by cellphone. Left pocket is taken by keys and cards.

No room for a gun.

Pocket carry is impossible.

1. I will not carry a .380.
2. Right pocket is taken by cellphone. Left pocket is taken by keys and cards.

No room for a gun.
Have you considered Ulti-Clips in a traditional kydex holster? I know some of the folks on here had a brand that used thinner kydex.

I have a really simple one for my Shield that adds almost no bulk (at AIWB) even with a traditional clip

I wouldn’t wear that thing. Too open. You gotta protect the ejection port from debri/lint/etc and also the front sight from damage.

Any oil on the pistol would also rub off onto your clothes and may attract more lint onto itself (the gun).

That is actually legit with the debris and lint. A well lubed gun will definitely get crudded up with this type of holster, from the experience with mine. But I honestly think that's more visually alarming than actually creating a functional problem though. And while you have a point about the front sight being unprotected, it ends up in the general vicinity of your crotch region if you IWB appendix, and rule #1 is "protect the crotch". So I hope I won't sustain any damage to either.

Back
Top Bottom