I Hate Holsters, so I bought this ...

I don't like holsters like this for a couple of reasons:
1: pressure slide/barrel can cause the gun to lift out of the holster potentially exposing the trigger or something could get caught between the holster and gun. could also force gun out of battery or unseat the mag.
2: slide/muzzle exposed for shit to get in all the cracks, gaps and the inside the barrel: lint, dust, sweat, pubes, dingleberries etc.

The one thing that is a pro about holsters like this is if you are using it for a pocket/pouch carry and you want/need to slip it in your pants.

I use this with my p365. Can’t beat it for comfort at 2:30 carry position and handle coverage. Back is high enough not to get in the way of proper fire-ready draw.

29440536-ECEA-481B-AE6C-F6EF5AF36DC3.png

Yea dude, just go appendix if this is an issue. I can't usually carry appendix during the week because of the things I have to do at work, so I carry my 365 at 4 o'clock in a plain, simple, kydex IWB holster with a sweat guard from Insanse Kydex Creations or a Yeager cut holster from NSR Tactical, with either soft belt snaps/loops or the metal clip from IKC that latches onto my belt properly. I like a holster that is cut low on the outside but with a full sweat guard against my body to make re-holstering easy.

I use this with my p365. Can’t beat it for comfort at 2:30 carry position and handle coverage. Back is high enough not to get in the way of proper fire-ready draw.

View attachment 569785
does the lower edge of that holster cut into your leg if set at appendix - while driving?

Blah blah blah. TLDR for sure.

the problem with a lot of those trigger-guard-only holsters - and almost ALL "wing" holsters - is they hold the gun far too high up in the waistband. Great for getting a good grip. Terrible for concealment. Especially if the dude-in-question is at least a muffin-topper. You get a roll of flab hanging over your belt and it'll push the entire gun/holster ensemble AWAY from your body.

I really don't like the wings at all. I've tried a few wing holsters. Regardless of the height issue, I never felt they did what they promised.

Blah blah blah. TLDR for sure.

the problem with a lot of those trigger-guard-only holsters - and almost ALL "wing" holsters - is they hold the gun far too high up in the waistband. Great for getting a good grip. Terrible for concealment. Especially if the dude-in-question is at least a muffin-topper. You get a roll of flab hanging over your belt and it'll push the entire gun/holster ensemble AWAY from your body.

I really don't like the wings at all. I've tried a few wing holsters. Regardless of the height issue, I never felt they did what they promised.
I feel like there's a solution here, and it's got nothing to do with the gear ;)

But then, what do I know? All the simple kydex holsters work perfectly for me, especially with a claw.

That is actually legit with the debris and lint. A well lubed gun will definitely get crudded up with this type of holster, from the experience with mine. But I honestly think that's more visually alarming than actually creating a functional problem though. And while you have a point about the front sight being unprotected, it ends up in the general vicinity of your crotch region if you IWB appendix, and rule #1 is "protect the crotch". So I hope I won't sustain any damage to either.
Probably true, just not something I’d use or trust for EDC for the many reasons posted here. Everything inside me tells me to protect and care for the weapon the best I can so it will be there and work when I need it.

Comfort is a trade off and printing is inevitable to at least some degree when you’re not wearing a cover garment.

I don’t know if @Broccoli Iglesias is one those girls who likes to show off her ankles with pants that’re 6” too short and pegged, wearing 50.00 pairs of queer looking cartoon socks, but it sounds like an ankle holster for the 365 fits here.

I feel like there's a solution here, and it's got nothing to do with the gear ;)

But then, what do I know? All the simple kydex holsters work perfectly for me, especially with a claw.

LOL. I'm down 25# or so of fat. I'm thinking your average NES member is not going to get asked to be in the next CK photo shoot. Maybe Golden Corral. I didn't consider myself "large" at all and was VERY surprised that a few wing holsters winged OUT too much. It was too much gun above the belt line which caused it to lever more easily in that direction.

i think those thong hosters were popular several years back mr. @Broccoli Iglesias, i remember seeing some youtube vids about them. the one lame drawback was you had to tie a shoe lace lanyard from the tiny holster to a belt loop (provided you have a belt loop) cause when you were drawing, the little holster would come flying out onto the floor, pavement or whatever. it didn't matter much if you were drawing your pistol in a for real situation, but then you'd have to scour the deck for it so you could reholster. unless of course you just tucked it into your waistband without it. but it was a real pain in the ass when you did drawing drills and had to find the little holster after every draw. hence the shoe lace fix. maybe that was remedied since i saw it last. the guys on youtube ended up practicing alone cause the ribbing got unbearable when their buddies kept seeing the holster swinging from the shoe lace lanyard.

Talk to your tailor. I have similar problems. I tell him I carry and he adjusts my pants slightly for a 3 o'clock fit. I can wear a thin, tuckable in summer, kydex holster that doesn't print.

LOL. I'm down 25# or so of fat. I'm thinking your average NES member is not going to get asked to be in the next CK photo shoot. Maybe Golden Corral. I didn't consider myself "large" at all and was VERY surprised that a few wing holsters winged OUT too much. It was too much gun above the belt line which caused it to lever more easily in that direction.
Just busting on you, mostly since the OP of this thread alleges he could be in that CK shoot. (And genuine congrats; cutting weight is tough but worth it.)

Admittedly, I'm not sure what you mean by "wing holster" here. There are a couple kinds that could fit that bill. Generally, I agree that a lot of holsters sit too high in an effort to support a better draw. Of course, this seems to be the "how deep to conceal" debate in a nutshell. I think it's also why we see so many short-er barreled pistols for concealed carry; it lets you set the firearm further into the waistband without as much "interference" below.

This is where I say "just get taller," as though that were actually an option...

I've been a fan of N82 for a while. I have one for the 442, then i bought my Shield and got one for that too. They make a kydex version if that's your thing. If you plan to CCW, buy clothes that allow for your style of carry.

Don't mind my fat😁

Attachments

• 20200822_192501.jpg
    20200822_192501.jpg
    198.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 20200822_192327.jpg
    20200822_192327.jpg
    362.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 20200328_153602.jpg
    20200328_153602.jpg
    788.7 KB · Views: 6
Is this going to be sh*t?

I will return a Cross Breed holster. Too uncomfortable.

I used to be a fan of Comp Tac, but they seem too thick.

The problem is, I am in shape (I would say it is a first world problem, but I think that is more of a third world problem) and wear clothes that fit, so every damn holster feels too uncomfortable and prints way too much. Yes, I know "only f@gs and FUDDS care about printing" ... this is not like cellphone printing, I am talking about the gun looking like I have a boner sticking out the side of my body. Excessive printing.

I found some reviews and a couple of videos on YouTube, so I ordered it to check it out.

But ... I would like to know your opinions.

The other option was a HAWG holster. They are not a big name, but they seem to have a nice clip thsr clips to the pants rather than the belt. I wasn't too convinced on clipping to the pants, even though I wear pants that fit.

View attachment 569546

I love how "clothes that fit" = "skinny jeans" on NES. [laugh]

I mean you had to expect that along.

Did any of you guys who make this statement ever see or wear a Milt Sparks holster??? IMO, the most comfortable IWB holster (VM II) out there. Reinforced muzzle throat that DOESN’T collapse! I feel like I’m carrying around a chunk of plastic when I wear a kydex holster - JMHO for what it’s worth….
+1 for Milt Sparks.
I have the Summer Special for my G21 and it is an outstanding holster.
Quality leather holsters have a metal band in them that hold the holster open and keep it from collapsing.

You should get a real nice Milt Sparks holster.

You'll just have to wait a year...

View attachment 569915
Ordered a VM II with shark skin trim and loops for my new P365XL on July 22, 2021. Just called to check status and was told it should be done mid February - that'll make it about 30 weeks! It's a long lead time but definitely worth it when it's all said and done. Been carrying my P938 in one for 8 years or so and it always feels great and it still looks as new as the day I got it. Not cheap but as always, you get what you pay for.

Probably true, just not something I’d use or trust for EDC for the many reasons posted here. Everything inside me tells me to protect and care for the weapon the best I can so it will be there and work when I need it.

Comfort is a trade off and printing is inevitable to at least some degree when you’re not wearing a cover garment.

I don’t know if @Broccoli Iglesias is one those girls who likes to show off her ankles with pants that’re 6” too short and pegged, wearing 50.00 pairs of queer looking cartoon socks, but it sounds like an ankle holster for the 365 fits here.

I hear you. I've actually reverted back to my full kydex about a month ago anyway. I didn't even realize it, but it has the same type of "tuck" clip on it, so I've just been using that as I like how much more secure it feels, with the added benefit of not getting all linted up. While I liked show slim this half holster was, it felt like 1 step removed from mexican carry, which isn't ideal.

Ordered a VM II with shark skin trim and loops for my new P365XL on July 22, 2021. Just called to check status and was told it should be done mid February - that'll make it about 30 weeks! It's a long lead time but definitely worth it when it's all said and done. Been carrying my P938 in one for 8 years or so and it always feels great and it still looks as new as the day I got it. Not cheap but as always, you get what you pay for.
I have holsters on order from Milt Sparks for guns I don't even own.
The holsters alone are collectible works of art.
You just have to wait 30 weeks.
I really like owning them and having a collection of these holsters.
The video on their website is amazing if you want to see how they are made.

1 is none.

2 is none.

Get at least 3 Milt Sparks holsters for every gun and you wont have to wait if you want a spare or 2.
Kusiak holsters won’t collapse. He impregnates them with urethane or acrylic.

View: https://youtu.be/eYlYLibEAcs

"Impregnates" - I'd LOVE to have his job and work with that fine young lady!:oops:

Back
Top Bottom