• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I hate this state (CT)

Young kid on my crew at work bought a house in Danielson, CT in June. He didn't do his research, just assumed he could bring his AWs there. He was past the point of no return on the mortgage and ended up selling everything off cheap. Lesson here: Go into every situation with your eyes wide open...

CT is bad, and worse under the current governor. I keep a PO Box in NH for "an emergency" just like the one described here. Also, think about having a credit card with your out of State PO Box address. And it wouldn't hurt to take a different route each time you go to check your mail. We really live in strange times.

I worry about CT. (I hate them for other reasons - like their insistence on the designs of the Eisenhower system within the state. . . and the fact that their drivers LOVE the left lane on the hwy - even when going 10mph under teh speed limit - because Foxwoods is coming up in 20 miles and it's a left exit. Gotta be ready. Anyhow. . . . )

As much, or almost as much as I do about MA. Was just talking to #2 Daughter about this this AM. It's an OPM problem in both states. They do something stupid and it's "Well, someone will pay for that with htis new tax." OPM. Other People's Money.

Suddenly, the dolts realize THEY are the other people. Yet are too slothful to move. We are dying of a thousand small cuts. It is going to take a massive SOMETHING to change things. And I can't see anyone strong enough on Bacon Hill to ever bother. The Ultra-Left controlling the DNC for the last 20 years has certainly bolstered the thought that these morons-in-charge really have a handle on things. I'm still hoping for some trickle-down from the Trump Effect.

Seriously, If I were in your shoes, I'd just stay in GA year-round and stay out of CT for more than just a quick visit.

I love Georgia from about September through May. But summer there is just brutal. 100 degrees, sometimes more and the humidity approaches 90% or greater. It's just not my cup of tea. I love New England Spring and Fall. There's nothing like running the back roads up here on my bike on a crisp Fall morning.

We've got family and friends here in CT and in New England - so this works out pretty well for us. But stuff like this - not being able to get a thumbhole stock for a .22 - just makes me appreciate Georgia.

When I choose the barrel, (probably a Tactical Solutions), and trigger (Kidde or Timney) - I'll ship them to Georgia too.

Do realize that this was just a stupid vendor. That stock is legal in CT. Yeah. I know CT sucks. But That is the simple truth.

CT is bad, and worse under the current governor. I keep a PO Box in NH for "an emergency" just like the one described here. Also, think about having a credit card with your out of State PO Box address. And it wouldn't hurt to take a different route each time you go to check your mail. We really live in strange times.

During the post Newtown panic, I had a hard time finding reloading components locally and wanted to buy some mail order. Nobody would ship to MA, so I got a NH PO box. I no longer have it. But it worked out well.

Re your credit card. Some vendors require the billing address of the CC to be in a free state also. This is VERY VERY easy to work around. Most CC vendors allow you to change your billing address online, on their website.

When I ordered something to my PO box in NH, I was literally able to change the CC address to the NH PO box just before shopping. Then once I did my shopping, I logged back in and changed it back to my home.

Please realize that the intent here is to be able to buy things that are LEGAL for you to possess in MA, but vendors just won't ship there. For example, Palmetto State Armory won't ship an upper to MA. Its perfectly legal, but they won't ship.

People shouldn't use something like this to circumvent the law. Its fraught with risk.

Do realize that this was just a stupid vendor. That stock is legal in CT. Yeah. I know CT sucks. But That is the simple truth.

During the post Newtown panic, I had a hard time finding reloading components locally and wanted to buy some mail order. Nobody would ship to MA, so I got a NH PO box. I no longer have it. But it worked out well.

Re your credit card. Some vendors require the billing address of the CC to be in a free state also. This is VERY VERY easy to work around. Most CC vendors allow you to change your billing address online, on their website.

When I ordered something to my PO box in NH, I was literally able to change the CC address to the NH PO box just before shopping. Then once I did my shopping, I logged back in and changed it back to my home.

Please realize that the intent here is to be able to buy things that are LEGAL for you to possess in MA, but vendors just won't ship there. For example, Palmetto State Armory won't ship an upper to MA. Its perfectly legal, but they won't ship.

People shouldn't use something like this to circumvent the law. Its fraught with risk.

You're right. It IS the vendor, but it's the vendor complying with what they see as CT law. I HAVE one of those stocks already that I ordered from that same company, that they shipped to me in CT a couple of years ago. I like it so much that I want the SAME stock.

I've got one set up that I've been taking back and forth to shoot in GA and CT. I won one in a raffle, a while ago and I was planning on building it out this summer in CT. Now I'll just ship the parts home and build it out there.

You're right. It IS the vendor, but it's the vendor complying with what they see as CT law. I HAVE one of those stocks already that I ordered from that same company, that they shipped to me in CT a couple of years ago. I like it so much that I want the SAME stock.

I've got one set up that I've been taking back and forth to shoot in GA and CT. I won one in a raffle, a while ago and I was planning on building it out this summer in CT. Now I'll just ship the parts home and build it out there.

Nope. Not really. Its the vendor making the business decision to not bother doing business in CT, because its not worth their time to try to figure out the laws.

It is NOT compliance. It is a decision that they'd rather lose LAWFUL business than take the time to learn the laws. Which is of course fine. Its their decision.

It is a decision that they'd rather lose LAWFUL business than take the time to learn the laws.
It is a decision that they would rather lose the business than pay legal fees to learn the law, and quite possibly, pay legal fees or agree to a consent decree as a result of groundless, but expensive, persecution.

I know one MA dealer who responds to customers explaining "No risk, the AG is wrong, sell me that gun" with "Fine. If there is no risk, I assume you will sign a contract indemnifying me for any all legal fees, fines, and assessments imposed if the AG disagrees with your legal scholarship.". Nobody has taken him up on that offer.

It is a decision that they would rather lose the business than pay legal fees to learn the law, and quite possibly, pay legal fees or agree to a consent decree as a result of groundless, but expensive, persecution.

I know one MA dealer who responds to customers explaining "No risk, the AG is wrong, sell me that gun" with "Fine. If there is no risk, I assume you will sign a contract indemnifying me for any all legal fees, fines, and assessments imposed if the AG disagrees with your legal scholarship.". Nobody has taken him up on that offer.

Rob, MA has history of those underground rails.. [troll]

Nope. Not really. Its the vendor making the business decision to not bother doing business in CT, because its not worth their time to try to figure out the laws.

It is NOT compliance. It is a decision that they'd rather lose LAWFUL business than take the time to learn the laws. Which is of course fine. Its their decision.

Without speaking for or about any particular vendor, it seems like an increasing number of vendors are refusing business to Connecticut customers for reasons beyond the complexity of Connecticut laws. For example I've seen numerous vendors on gunbroker who have shipping restrictions to Connecticut for things as benign as .38 revolvers. There is a major vendor that won't ship any magazines to Connecticut- not even 10 rd magazines (incidentally they will ship to other restrictive states, simply adhering to capacity restrictions/other restrictions----MA isn't even given such a harsh status). I'm not sure why. Part of me gets the importance of remaining cautious on some items, for exposure/liability mitigation purposes. However there is a point when it seems like other factors are at play. Sometimes I can't help but wonder if they don't believe it's some sort of protest, or maybe a way of trying to punish us for living in a state that has elected a lot of anti-RKBA officials to state and federal offices.

Last edited:
All these poor slaves who stay in the two states with the highest incomes. And then whine, whine, whine.
Who’s talking about income? This is a gun thread on a gun forum. CT and MA gun laws suck. Are you disputing this?

Yes, there are other reasons that people stay in CT and MA beside gun laws.

I was trying to get legal 10 round mags. Had to ship them to my PO Box in NH, they wouldn't ship anything CT. The main reason I stay here and not some other free State is i have 18 months to go before I qualify to receive my pension. And, it is going to be a LONG 18 months!

Ct is not part of New England, fact. Ask anyone around.

Well, that's just stupid. I'm pretty sure my ancestors who washed ashore in Guilford in 1670 as English planters would agree that you're an idiot. And my 13 Connecticut ancestors who fought from Bunker Hill to West Point and Yorktown would agree. But that said, Conn. (the way we abbreviated it before you were born) is in a sorry state. And it is now a sorry state. But it is the Constitution State, and I'm not going to give up on it yet. I just prefer to live somewhere else until it sees the light.

Well, that's just stupid. I'm pretty sure my ancestors who washed ashore in Guilford in 1670 as English planters would agree that you're an idiot. And my 13 Connecticut ancestors who fought from Bunker Hill to West Point and Yorktown would agree. But that said, Conn. (the way we abbreviated it before you were born) is in a sorry state. And it is now a sorry state. But it is the Constitution State, and I'm not going to give up on it yet. I just prefer to live somewhere else until it sees the light.
Idiot or not, the fact remains that CT is not part of New England. Even the Subaru of New England commercials on tv don’t include ct on the map of New England. It’s settled law!!

Idiot or not, the fact remains that CT is not part of New England. Even the Subaru of New England commercials on tv don’t include ct on the map of New England. It’s settled law!!
That's because Subaru of N.Y. serves the TriState area. Nothing to do with whether or not CT is traditionally considered part of New England

Back
Top Bottom