I hate this state (CT)

It is a decision that they would rather lose the business than pay legal fees to learn the law, and quite possibly, pay legal fees or agree to a consent decree as a result of groundless, but expensive, persecution.

I know one MA dealer who responds to customers explaining "No risk, the AG is wrong, sell me that gun" with "Fine. If there is no risk, I assume you will sign a contract indemnifying me for any all legal fees, fines, and assessments imposed if the AG disagrees with your legal scholarship.". Nobody has taken him up on that offer.

I tried that with a Penthouse at the local stop'n'rob at about 12yo. Had an official letter from my dad and everything. Somehow it didn't fly. LOL

That's because Subaru of N.Y. serves the TriState area. Nothing to do with whether or not CT is traditionally considered part of New England

Don't forget the phone company. CT was part of Whateveritwas, not Ma Bell or NYNEX. Not part of NE. Not part of NY. And no X.

RI is filled with people who think that the food they eat is exclusive to RI.
MA is filled with holes. Potholes, that is.
ME is married to it's sister
NH isn't very bright
VT is dumb smart people
CT has an identity problem

There. Are we all happy now? LOL

The vendor is a pussy. For the the love of all that is real...It's JUST a STOCK !!

I know. But it's the stock that I want. I have a 1022 built the way I want. I'm building another one, virtually identical. And it's just SO retarded. The one I have here now was originally shipped to me in CT - and they won't ship me another one. So frustrating.

Who’s talking about income? This is a gun thread on a gun forum. CT and MA gun laws suck. Are you disputing this?

Yes, there are other reasons that people stay in CT and MA beside gun laws.
This is a gun thread on a gun forum.
By definition, like it or not, CT, is part of New England. Now can't we all just get along?

There is a kind of funny story related. New England, like many regions, has a regional tourist agency. It was funded by contributions from each state. After the 2008/2009 recession, CT decided to stop contributing for a time.

This left a hole in the map, so they decided to have a contest. IIRC, the winner was “Newyorkachusetts.”

I like the NW corner of the state.

Idiot or not, the fact remains that CT is not part of New England. Even the Subaru of New England commercials on tv don’t include ct on the map of New England. It’s settled law!!

The Gold Coast is part of Manhattan. And then there's this other bit no-one knows much about.

New England, like many regions, has a regional tourist agency. It was funded by contributions from each state. After the 2008/2009 recession, CT decided to stop contributing for a time.

This left a hole in the map, so they decided to have a contest. IIRC, the winner was “Newyorkachusetts.”

DdCgI-7WAAAmAqD.jpg

I know. But it's the stock that I want. I have a 1022 built the way I want. I'm building another one, virtually identical. And it's just SO retarded. The one I have here now was originally shipped to me in CT - and they won't ship me another one. So frustrating.

Don't you know someone who lives in another state??

ANY other state. Its not a restricted item. Put a friend's house as the shipping address.

If they break your stones about your billing address being in CT, go online and change you address on your credit card's website to your friend's address.

Place the order

Then immediately go back and change it back to your home.

Piece of cake.

ANY other state. Its not a restricted item. Put a friend's house as the shipping address.

If they break your stones about your billing address being in CT, go online and change you address on your credit card's website to your friend's address.

Place the order

Piece of cake.

I do know someone who lives in another state - me. I shipped it to myself in Georgia. I spoke to my son last night and he told me that that it had arrived. I'm accumulating a collection of packages for my return in the fall.

But you do have a good point, I do know people up here who live in other states that I see regularly. So I'll keep that in mind.

Thanks.

Place the order

Piece of cake.

If they ship via USPS, address it to yourself as General Delivery to the nearest free state post office. You can pick it up within 30 days.

Domestic Mail Manual D930 General Delivery and Firm Holdout

Maybe he wrote the note using the wrong color crayon?

Bleep you. I wrote in cursive and all that s-word! The guy at the convenience store was out to get me is all. LOL

I was just talking to a client in CT this AM. He's had it. He's out. Not because of freedom. Because of taxes. On a 1100sf home he pays $4,500 a year in property taxes. Plus he pays income tax at a pretty high rate. Tolls coming back on 95. (Remember when CT was conservative and dismantled the tolls b/c it wasn't actually GENERATING net revenue???). I was surprised, but he says it's just one big cluster-bleep. Back 30 years ago, he'd laugh at people in MA for paying for all these taxes. Now, he says, CT's become the new MA. (Although I reminded him that our State House is trying hard to regain Position #1.)

Dennis,

Your friend sounds like me. We moved to MA from CT and our taxes went down.
CT's government finances have been grossly mismanaged for 35 years. Dan Malloy has been a disaster, but there is plenty of Republican blame to go around also.

I've been saying for the last few years that the MA politicians are all backslapping each other on the economic miracle that is the greater Boston area. What they don't seem to understand is that this has happened DESPITE what they have done. Not BECAUSE of it.

The tolls are coming back because they will be able to install gantries over the highways and collect tolls without any staffing or even any need to stop. Which is the real reason they took them down in the 80s. There were several high profile accidents on I95 where cars slammed at full speed into cars piled up at the tolls.

Since then the budget has been grossly mismanaged. The public employee's defined benefit pension has been raided and is now underfunded to the tune of tens of BILLIONS of dollars. Oh and the contracts with state employees have been generous to the point where you wonder how much the Unions have deposited off shore in an account controlled by Dan Malloy.

Sad

Back
Top Bottom