I have a good vibe!

H.R. 4547-Federal legislation requiring recognition of out-of-state Right-to-Carry permits.

I have my doubts that this will pass without an awfully hysterical attack by the anti's. Can you imagine Massachusetts even thinking about allowing out-of-state licenses to be recognized?

H.R. 5013/S. 2599-Legislation to prohibit the confiscation of lawfully owned firearms during states of emergency. Would guarantee legal recourse for victims of illegal gun seizures.

If the congress can't pass this, that would have to be a sign of the decline-n-fall of our civilization. The fact that they HAVE to pass it, well....

H.R. 4547-Federal legislation requiring recognition of out-of-state Right-to-Carry permits.

This would be awesome. It's going to be a struggle; I think it could pass though...

It looks like the ccw bill has been in committee since last december and if that's the case I wouldn't see that as a good sign. It could pass, but I wouldn't bet the house on it.

I'm guessing the Katrina bill stands a better chance as there was significant backlash about the N.O. confiscations. Since it was referred to committee on 4/7/06 it could be awhile before any action takes place on it.

I think the anti-confiscate thing could possibly pass. Theres no denying
the atrocious crap committed by the authorities there.... it must be
prevented at all costs.

I don't think the CCW bill will make it through the senate
though.... too many mealy-mouthed tight underwear types
that are there.

The biggest open issue with the CCW thing is that among the states
that DO offer permits, there is considerable difference from state to
state as far as issuance goes. That will be the main gripe. Some
offer considerably more latitude than others. In MA you wont
get an LTC if your breath stinks and the police made a note of it
somewhere. In other states you can probably get a CCW with