• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I have a serious dilemma

Havent been to a game since '99. Cut cable so havent watched a game in I dont know how long. A good 5 years at least. Dont buy over priced junk because it has a sportsball logo on it. Pick up on the political b.s. through osmosis which makes me glad I dont subject myself to it directly. Cant think of any way to boycott pro sports any more than I already am now. Life goes on and I dont miss it one bit.

Bunch of whiney, rich, semi-illiterate grown men in tights chasing a ball around for an hour? Ill pass. Hollywood is the same way fwiw. People with nothing upstairs who won the genetic lottery running around and reading someone elses words in front of a camera and making millions doing it?

Both groups seem to be trying to out do each other when it comes to bitching and complaining how shitty the world is. No thanks, Im not going to contribute to that.

one could boycott themselves into a fairly boring life. if an anti 2a conglomerate wants to take my pro 2a dollars when i pry open the snapper purse to spend it, it's not me being hypocritical.

I swore to never buy another ticket or jersey the year they narrowly averted a lockout. I swore to never watch another minute when the league decided psi was as important as domestic violence. I was lucky that I got to miss all the kneeling/political crap. I don't miss it at all.

Boycott the entire circus and feel good about it. Pick up a sport yourself, volunteer, meet people, do whatever with your time which will be more productive than watching bunch of overpaid agitators.
Sport is not what it used to be, music is not what it used to be, movies are almost all gone, so we are back to our own lives. Not bad! Spend money on yourself.

The NFL will keep losing viewers because the owners are too greedy and refuse to bitch slap the idiots who want to tell me how I should act while beating their women, shooting others, etc. etc.

Nothing will change. Look at nascar. Same deal.

Last edited:
Rome went down the drain when the well fed public started listening to prostitutes and gladiators. Gladiators were even elected for "emperors".

Our prostitutes and our gladiators have zero ambitions to rule or do anything for the country but we are listening to them thinking that such entertainment won't hurt us a bit. Well, while we are listening to them, while we are watching them for hours, we are not doing anything else. And that is exactly what has happened to Rome. While they were in their colosseums cheering their gladiators, nomads were crossing Alps in the North.

Used to be a Patriots sign in the shop - there's not anymore. I'm not a football fan but I didn't wanna look at it, and the owner (football fan) won't watch the game anymore. I'd say find another team or another sport; I can't imagine that most football fans are cuck bugman types who don't like guns, and if enough of you walk away, they'll realize they shouldn't bring soyboy politics into a manly sport.

Last edited:
A "dilemma" ??? .

There's 2 billion people in the world who wish that they had time to think about such a "dilemma". Most of them are too busy staying alive and finding a drink of potable water.

Oh good golly!

maybe you should go save them instead of click clacking away on your first world keyboard like the rest of us.

Used to be a Patriots sign in the shop - there's not anymore. I'm not a football fan but I didn't wanna look at it, and the owner (football fan) won't watch the game anymore. I'd say find another team or another sport; I can't imagine that most football fans are cuck bugman types who don't like guns, and if enough of you walk away, they'll realize they shouldn't bring soyboy politics into a manly sport.

Kraft and his Winter Hill Boys are hated by the rest of America for a reason. Just like MA is hated for a reason. The last thing I want to do is to support in any way this "franchise".

Kraft did two things simultaneously when he flew those idiots in for that march: he expressed his dislike for guns, and he supported 1A by giving these people the ability to protest.

I do wonder how was the government violating the 1st amendment by preventing those folks from protesting to begin with -- and how by giving them his plane was Robert Kraft supporting the 1st Amendment, an article that tells the government what it cannot do?

I going to go with David Hogg convinced congress to add a new clause to the end of the 1st Amendment...
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances, or prevent them from buying their own plane tickets to do so.

The FAA must have barred them.

:cool:

So it’s principles vs. a ball sport?

Seriously this. No judgement if pro gunners want to watch the Patriots even if Kraft supported an anti-gun rally, but to call it a dilemma and not sure if you want to be inconvenienced by your principles is.... interesting.

No one will know or care if you watch NFL games or not. Assuming you're not a Nielsen household.

If you have cable these days, they know what you watch. And if you buy the NFL package not only do they know but they get more money.

I semi boycotted this year but would watch because it's one of the few social activities I do (and I love football). My friends were watching anyway, so I figured the NFL didn't know another pair of eyeballs was watching. I'm with PennyPincher though, the BS with flying gun control kids around in the Pats' plane at the behest of Gabby tipped my scale. I'll wait for the XFL to be back in 2020.

I enjoy watching the Patriots games, and watch almost all of them. That being said, is stopped "caring" about the team at least 10 years back when Kraft kept gouging the fans every chance he could (parking, ticket prices, etc), but would publicly say that everything he does, he does it for the fans. He's in it to be rich!

Here's the deal. Every game you watch adds revenue to the NFL because they charge their advertisers by the amount of viewers they "historically" have. I would expect with the low ratings last year they may see a hit in ad revenue this year due to having to drop their rates for ads. And every dime that the NFL makes gets distributed out to the teams as the teams OWN the NFL. So yes, just little ole me no longer watching won't make a lick of difference. But is all gun owners said screw them and stopped watching, and then all the people upset over the kneeling did the same thing, they would have to notice.

This is the problem with most on the "right." Y'all think that "well, my little personal boycott won't mean anything." Meanwhile on the left, one little person says "f*** this, I'm marching and I'm calling my buddies to march with me, and we are calling the media and we'll start marching/boycotting/protesting/etc and others WILL join us and we will force change." And they start walking and by the time they have gone a 1/2 mile more people join them.

And you sit back and watch your rights being eroded. Especially in MA! and whine that, our little protest can't stop the wave. You're right. Because your "protest" starts and ends at the keyboard.

And even worse! You knock people who open carry long guns but it ended up with Texas getting legal open carry of handguns! And now we/they are working on constitutional carry. (I realize NH and ME has this)

So yes, just little ole me no longer watching won't make a lick of difference. But is all gun owners said screw them and stopped watching, and then all the people upset over the kneeling did the same thing, they would have to notice.

I agree. People use the same reasoning when voting. "My vote won't make a difference". Imo if you don't vote you give up any right to bitch about the results.

Back
Top Bottom