• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I jumped on the bandwagon..

PatMcD

NES Member
Went to a local shop that had a Silencershop kiosk and went through the process. Pretty easy actually. With eforms, it might be quicker than normal. We'll see. Bought a Q Erector for a 22 upper. Made in Portsmouth. NH.

Went to a local shop that had a Silencershop kiosk and went through the process. Pretty easy actually. With eforms, it might be quicker than normal. We'll see. Bought a Q Erector for a 22 upper. Made in Portsmouth. NH.
I’ll be joining the same market soon. Not sure if I’ll have all my ID crap taken care of in time for Jan22 but for Feb22 it’s not a problem.

I think it was Jan 30 give or take a day. So over 100 days ago.
I had approvals on eForms from 01/16 and 01/20 in the 60 to 80 day range. I'm waiting on a 02/04 that's over 100 days now. Silencer Shop opened all tier levels of shops to certify around 01/20 and I think the volume of submissions ramped way up. This slowed everything down.

So, I go to pick up the suppressor today. Fill out the 4473 and give her my driver's license. She's writing down my info and says "uh, oh. Yesterday was your birthday. Happy Birthday, but your license expired yesterday".
So, I shlep down to the DMV, sit there for an hour until they call my number, get my new license, run back up to the gun shop, and FINALLY get my suppressor.

Maine may or may not send you a notice in the mail that your license is about to expire. Some say yes, but I never got anything.

So, I go to pick up the suppressor today. Fill out the 4473 and give her my driver's license. She's writing down my info and says "uh, oh. Yesterday was your birthday. Happy Birthday, but your license expired yesterday".
So, I shlep down to the DMV, sit there for an hour until they call my number, get my new license, run back up to the gun shop, and FINALLY get my suppressor.

Maine may or may not send you a notice in the mail that your license is about to expire. Some say yes, but I never got anything.

It’s absurd that identification becomes invalid when it expires.
(Happy birthday!)

Happy Birthday! that’s a nice birthday gift!

Back
Top Bottom