• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I just can't buy a Glock.

rogersmithiii

NES Member
I admit it.

Glocks are great guns. They're reliable. They shoot any sort of ammunition without the need for throating or modification. They are easy to work on. They shoot really nicely. They stand up to dirt, mud, wet, and corrosion. They are close to perfect weapons for the modern age.

I just can't bring myself to buy one.

They are.......butt ugly.

They have no aesthetically pleasing attributes. Gaston designed them solely for function.

I get that guns need to be designed for practical, functional purposes. They need to go "bang" when you pull the trigger, and they need to place bullets where they are aimed.
But to me, guns are also pieces of art. I get seriously aroused when I see a gorgeous Weatherby Athena shotgun with amazing wood, and tastefully engraved receiver. I love Remington's artistically designed front sights. Colt's decision to replace that biscuit sight on the Detective special with a ramped front replacement was genius.

That's why I will never own a Glock pistol. Life is too short to shoot ugly guns.

While I'll agree a stock Glock isn't going to win any beauty contests, I actually like the utilitarian look of them. Also, considering I got into guns relatively late in my life so far (didn't grow up with them or have any duty with them), I come from the vantage of seeing a Glock and thinking that's what a handgun looks like. Everything else is either old fashion looking or superfluous in comparison.

I admit it.

Glocks are great guns. They're reliable. They shoot any sort of ammunition without the need for throating or modification. They are easy to work on. They shoot really nicely. They stand up to dirt, mud, wet, and corrosion. They are close to perfect weapons for the modern age.

I just can't bring myself to buy one.

They are.......butt ugly.

They have no aesthetically pleasing attributes. Gaston designed them solely for function.

I get that guns need to be designed for practical, functional purposes. They need to go "bang" when you pull the trigger, and they need to place bullets where they are aimed.
But to me, guns are also pieces of art. I get seriously aroused when I see a gorgeous Weatherby Athena shotgun with amazing wood, and tastefully engraved receiver. I love Remington's artistically designed front sights. Colt's decision to replace that biscuit sight on the Detective special with a ramped front replacement was genius.

That's why I will never own a Glock pistol. Life is too short to shoot ugly guns.
lol then don’t

those of us that own them care very little about any of that.

ha-gay-gif.gif

Glocks are like a Estwing hammer. A tool that gets the job done every time no matter what the situation. Ridiculously simple and reliable function design. I take no "pleasure" in shooting my Glock as they got no "soul" . Pull the gritty heavy trigger they go bang, but thats it as far as the experience.

Glocks are like a Estwing hammer. A tool that gets the job done every time no matter what the situation. Ridiculously simple and reliable function design. I take no "pleasure" in shooting my Glock as they got no "soul" . Pull the gritty heavy trigger they go bang, but thats it as far as the experience.
lol sorry your guns have shit triggers

I’ve got pretty guns - revolvers, 1911’s, some neat pocket pistols - 248, 232.

But my glocks are for defense and action pistol competition when it has to work. Took me a while to get past the ugly - but bang every time is a strong selling point for me.

Back
Top Bottom