• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

I love F-Class

Admin

Staff Member
Administrator
NES Member
fclass.jpg

LenS said:
How about a clue on what "F-Class" is for those of us who've never heard of the term?

Len - F-Class is a relatively new class of NRA comp. It's basically a bolt rifle, any cal. any sights and usually fired along side of high power service rifle.

No prob. I'm not that familiar with it to be more precise but I believe they shot the same course of fire but do not compete against service rifle. I'm pretty sure they 'notch' the receiver to allow stripper clips for faster reloading during the rapid. Most sniper rifles use this technique as well.

I'm no expert here but I did sleep at a Holiday Inn last night. Not really. F class is relativly new form of long range ( 600-1,000) yard, slow fire, prone with rest, any rifle (up to .33 cal.) any sight competition. It was brought about by an older high power shooter who found that the normal course was becoming too much for him to do any more, but he still wanted to shoot along side his buddies and other competitors.

My son and I shot our first match last weekend (60x600), neither of us had shot more than 300 yds before. We had a blast and did pretty well also.
Hope this helps.
DD

Back
Top Bottom