I made a couple of reloading videos

AWESOME!
I've been looking for something like this for a while. I may go out right now and pick up some reloading books.

I want to add my kudos for a job very well done. As a complete and utter ignoramus (especially in the realm of reloading), your work has given me direction and confidence.

Reading all the posts in the world did nothing for me compared to watching your videos and hearing your explanation.

* * * BRAVO * * *

Nice Job! I just sat through the first one to get a flavor. Boy, you put a lot of work and time into those! I wish I had them when I started reloading.

Very nice job! That's a real contribution to the shooting community!

default.jpg

jamz ~ I full heartedly agree with matt. You did yourself proud with these reloading videos and a great service to your fellow shooters. I’ve watched a number of reloading videos and have to say that yours if by far the best I’ve viewed.

It had to take pains and patience to produce a video of such quality, bravo to you jamz. It’s nice to know you’re a member of NES and you’ve got to know that your videos will be watched for many years to come.

Last edited:
I watched your video sometime ago and happy to find you here too. You have been so helpful thanks for your time. Are you also loading that 50 cal ?

Can't thank you enough for the video mate. Excellent all the way round. We just set up our Dillon 550 and your video was extremely helpful since the manual was kinda meh.

I also appreciated the step-by step reloading primer you included. While it was stuff I already knew, it was helpful as a reminder, and invaluable for my wife, who has never done it before.

Thanks again, and terrific job!

Jamz, I got bit by the reloading bug a couple of weeks ago. I never really had ANY idea what was involved and was a bit overwhelmed by the whole idea of reloading. So I browsed a couple sites on the net and gained a *little* confidence. I am a learner by doer and seer' though...not a reader so I checked YouTube and found your videos. Well about an hour later (I watched them in sequence), I have great confidence that I will be able to do this once I get some mandatory reading out of the way. Thanks for making and posting the videos. Great to have some knowledge on here for when I start.

Scarce supplies

Very nice, I was thinking about reloading,... but it seems like the cost to get set up and started is high... not to mention a lot of work. How much can one save reloading?
I would think after buying all the equipment, it might take years before you start saving cash....

Well good news bad news...Lee can get you going for cheap but bad news there is a huge die backorder.

With an economical die you can save in a year depening on how much you shoot...me I'm looking for a 2 year recoup and then years of savings beyond that.

I bought a Dillon - spend 200 bucks more but got up and running sooner. I reckon a box of 50 9mm costs me about 6-7 vs the current 9-14. For me, if it saves a dollar a box it's worth it, others not so much. But I love the relaxation of the process and it's cool cranking out bullets in the basement. Something rewarding about it

Awesome video

I've been working on a video that's more of a novelty "Life Cycle of the 9mm" story. I've got hours into it and it's not nearly the rich and informative videos you have created here. Of course mine is more for fun than education but my point is I know how much work you put into these videos and wanted to say thank you very much for sharing them with the community. You have provided a great resource to new reloader to-be. Great work man! [grin]

Excellent videos, thank you for sharing. I'm gonna start reloading soon and this was a great overview.

Question about the "bad" rounds, you mentioned you'd save the bullet and the powder, but why not the primer? Also, where/how do you dispose of the empty case with the live primer?

Funny... I spent last weekend watching these videos as I setup my Dillon 550B. I had no idea that an NES member created them!

Dude... these videos are da bomb! They were so helpful in getting things setup.

Thanks for taking the time to create and share them!!!

Cheers,

Rich

Nice!

Just bought a complete used Lyman setup, all practically brand-new stuff, and these videos put a lot of the "holy crap, what did I just get myself into"'s off to the side.

Well done, and thank you. You've even inspired my 11 year old to help me! Her exact words, "Dad, that would be a lot more fun to use than the postage meter at your office!"[smile]

My 2 cents worth......

Keep the kiddos away from the reloading equipment.

There will come a day when they think that they are smart enough to use it when you are not around to supervise.

It's not a toy, and nothing to mess with on a casual basis.

Keep the materials for reloading, especially the powder, primers, and bullets locked up, and away from unauthorized persons.

Let your child play with the mail meter. Do not let your child play with the reloading equipment.

I just now became an active member of this forum. My reason for joining was so I could add my thanks to jamz.

I am going to try to set up so I can reload shotgun, rifle, and pistol. Several different calibers. I have no idea what I need.

I found this thread while looking for reloading videos.

Again, thanks.

Mule

Holy cow. All I can say is that these videos are amazing and super helpful. I used to know nothing about reloading, now I know significantly more information about it.

I intend on taking a class in the future :)

Thanks and +1!

Eddie Coyle from the NES forums here does a reloading class that is local and well worth it.
I took some free classes up in Kittery at the Trading Post.
If you want to see the 550 in action that is what I use also.

Wow, what a great video source. I just got into shot shell reloading after picking up a friends used MEC.

This helped to demystify some of the brass questions.

GREAT Job... Thank you for the videos. I have been leaning toward a Dillion RL 550-B press. Tired of using single stage press. It was great to see the 550 in action, even better to see how easy it is to be setup. Looks like it will work fine with my existing dies.

Very informative vids. I had a lot of questioned before watching the almost all Of them got answered. I know I'll have more once I actually get started. The best series of reloading videos on YouTube. The others simply show the press working. Pretty simple to pull a handle. +1 for explained how it works.

Just wanted to point out that I have referenced this videos multiple times with new Dillon users and its just an awesome resource. Thanks again for doing this.

Back
Top Bottom