I may have been burned in online firearms transaction

Good luck with the Post Office and them investigating a mail fraud charge for such little money [rolleyes][rofl]

Better would be to call the local Police Department, and ask if they could swing by the Guys house, and check to see if he is OK...explain that it is for a firearms transaction and you're concerned , having sent the payment but no communications from the person...."Gee, I hope he is OK...but I just want my firearm shipped to me !"

I had a similar type problem, and the Police Dept actually sent an Officer over to the guys house, waited for him to get home from work, and told him that he was to either give them the firearm for them to take with them, or they would take him with them for a ride to the station......he gave them the firearm right then and there...and they shipped it to me. ( This was a gunsmith who had the firearm for 7 months....turns out he never even unpacked it from when I shipped it to him for repair).

At this point, you paid for the firearm, you are now the owner, and this seller is illegally keeping it....

Good luck...

There was an email from him tonight:

Mark, i have been away on work and not near any communication devices, my wife should have shipped it, let me check and i will let you know asap

I think if he was going to screw me he wouldn't have bothered to respond. Hope springs eternal. [grin]

I think if he was going to screw me he wouldn't have bothered to respond. Hope springs eternal. [grin]

I don't know, I saw on some talk show a "pregnant" lady who was offering her child for adoption to this one couple for some cash and stuff and she had them going for a long time. I'm talking about phone calls every day. Hell, I think she even faked being pregnant for longer than the 9 months that the whole process takes.

If this doesn't work out, it may be time to WENTZEL him![smile] (For those who haven't seen this before, remember not to piss off a large group of computer savvy folks! It gets really good after the first few pages.)[smile]

Google is your friend. A while back I won an M1928 pack on Ebay, paid for it and waited. Nothing showed up and no response from the seller. Googled what info that I had and he showed up running a surplus place in Epping NH, about 15 miles from me. Drove over and stuck a printout of the auction under his nose. He stuttered and went white, then rummaged through a big cardboard box and finally came up with the pack and I walked out with it.

Worst part is, that while he was working his way through the box, I recognized several other items that had been "won" by previous auction bidders. All I can hope is that by my hunting him down, it scared him into sending out those other items.

Gary

I had a guy from the UK try to scam me like this once. I knew i was screwed due to the international thing, but I resolved it. How I did it was that I literally found out every bit of tidbit on this guy from his IP to his registered domains, home address, work, boss's email, etc etc etc.

I sent him an email with all that information and simply stated that things were going to get really difficult for him if he didn't buck up and make things right. I think the google earth picture of his house attached with a big red X made him rethink how much he wanted that $200.

It was all fluff, as i wasn't about to go overseas to confront some loser, but he took the bait and paid me back with a long apology.

These people are morons and criminals most of the time, and are not looking to be stalked. Its fairly easy to give him way over $200 in hassle if he doesn't come through....

Good luck on eBay ever doing anything to help, even if they did allow gun actions.
a-minus-minus.png

Ken

Update - to make a long story short, I got a call from Collector's Gallery today that my package had arrived from Alabama. I'll pick up the rifle next week - hopefully all the promised pieces are there. Now to go buy a scope for it.

All's well that ends well.

Parts I got (less Tapco stock which is for sale in Member's Classifieds):
attachment.php

And the completed rifle:
attachment.php

I'll put the specs in a build thread in the appropriate subforum.

Attachments

• Online Ruger purchase parts.jpg
    Online Ruger purchase parts.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 419
  • Ulrimate.jpg
    Ulrimate.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 390
you got burned even if everything went through right

$250+ FFL fees for a Ruger 10/22? damn

actually, thats a good looking rifle, i didn't see the pic when i posted this, good job.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom