I need a hand with some gun values (retail)

Bill Nance

Banned
As some of you may know, my Brother-in-law died in March and I'm moving out to WA to be near my sister.

He had a few guns and she's terrified of them and doesn't want them in the house.

(No, she's not going to change, I've tried repeatedly. She's one of those all emotion, no logic types. Her husband had the logic in the family).

Anyway, she's interested in getting rid of them and I told her I'd give her retail value on all the guns basically just top get rid of them (from her house) and give her a little extra cash. I need some ideas on retail values on these guns. I've looked at gunbroker, but I'd like alternate thoughts.

Here are the guns with my best guestimate of values.
  1. Davis Industries D38 derringer; NRA condition: fair -$50
  2. Marlin Model 99; NRA condition: good -$125
  3. Sporterized MAS MLE 1936 (not sure of caliber, not marked at all so presumably 7.5) 16.5" barrel NRA condition: fair -$100
  4. Mossberg 183 db bolt-action 410ga; NRA condition: very good -$200
  5. Ithaca Model 37 20-ga; NRA condition: very good -$300

Any feedback would be much appreciated. I'm trying to be more than fair, but this isn't a "charitable donation" either. When I hand her money it's handing her money, not a transaction for goods.

THANKS!

Bill, you've probably already looked, but did you see what they've sold for on Gunbroker?

Ignore the current auctions and their (sometimes) inflated asking prices, look at the ones that have already ended with a a winning bid.

Bill, you've probably already looked, but did you see what they've sold for on Gunbroker?

Ignore the current auctions and their (sometimes) inflated asking prices, look at the ones that have already ended with a a winning bid.

Yes, I checked, that's what I'm basing some of the values on. (+ good ole' Kentucky windage)[smile]

Back
Top Bottom